Senior Crew postings

capecodmercury

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but is there anywhere to find a listing of which officers, cruise directors,  etc.  are assigned to which ship, and more importantly their future postings?   I presume they have similar 6-7 mos postings before they get some time off.

I'm cruising the Summit this fall and I see that the cruise director is Richard Gleson(sp?). We've sailed with him before and loved his energy.  Hoping he will still (or be back onboard in Oct).

There was once a thread on which some of this information was posted, but it is longer current. Some Captains, officers, CDs etcetera post current and future assignments on their  FB, Instagram or other social media accounts. 

• Like 1

Rich Clesen joined the Summit on the May 4 cruise, so it's possible he may still be on board in October.

There was once a thread tracking the senior officers.  The poster who maintained the thread is banned from sailing on Celebrity.  Evidently some officers objected to this, so I don't recommend pursuing the issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Since Arno's list ended I found the best way is to follow some of the Senior Staff on Instagram.   They usually post pictures and sometimes comments on when they are leaving and joining the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, capecodmercury said:

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but is there anywhere to find a listing of which officers, cruise directors,  etc.  are assigned to which ship, and more importantly their future postings?   I presume they have similar 6-7 mos postings before they get some time off.

I'm cruising the Summit this fall and I see that the cruise director is Richard Gleson(sp?). We've sailed with him before and loved his energy.  Hoping he will still (or be back onboard in Oct).

We just got off the Summit June 2nd. I asked Rich how long he'd be on, and unfortunately, he'll be gone by October. He is the best!

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Just curious ... what was the big deal.  They provide details and photos of the top level officers in the 'daily' upon embarkation.  It's not like it is any secret.

Holy Cow--- Someone agrees with me !!

We book a cruise based on things other than " Who's On Board "--

What's the difference whether so and/or so is on board or not ?

In all our cruises , never once did we receive poor service, and, from time to time recognized a Staff member from previous cruises--- which was nice.

20 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There was once a thread tracking the senior officers.  The poster who maintained the thread is banned from sailing on Celebrity.  Evidently some officers objected to this, so I don't recommend pursuing the issue.

IMO--- There had to be more to it than "some officers objected ", etc .

If that were the case, all Celebrity's Management had to do was contact the individual and ask ( warn ) him to stop -- simple .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Holy Cow--- Someone agrees with me !!

We book a cruise based on things other than " Who's On Board "--

What's the difference whether so and/or so is on board or not ?

In all our cruises , never once did we receive poor service, and, from time to time recognized a Staff member from previous cruises--- which was nice.

IMO--- There had to be more to it than "some officers objected ", etc .

If that were the case, all Celebrity's Management had to do was contact the individual and ask ( warn ) him to stop -- simple .

Totally agree, kind of stalker like to me.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, capecodmercury said:

😂😂😂 Just go and enjoy yourself, how much of your enjoyment on a cruise is influenced by who is the cruise director? We are cruise novices and don’t even know what a cruise director does and to be honest, don’t care.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Actually they don't any more.  Have you been on a ship lately?

In November, on the Constellation, they had an “In the Spotlight “ insert in the daily program one day that had photos and a bio of all the top officials.  Have they not been doing that on other ships since the restart?

5 hours ago, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

We just got off the Summit June 2nd. I asked Rich how long he'd be on, and unfortunately, he'll be gone by October. He is the best!

Oh well.  Thanks for the info.  I agree, he is by far the best cruise director I have seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

😂😂😂 Just go and enjoy yourself, how much of your enjoyment on a cruise is influenced by who is the cruise director? We are cruise novices and don’t even know what a cruise director does and to be honest, don’t care.

I don't pick and choose a cruise by who is on board, but got curious when I saw he was on Summit.  I can honestly say he is the one cruise director I have seen that I remember and had an impact.  He is very high energy,  seems to be everywhere and is just a great addition to a cruise.  He demonstrated to me what a great cruise director can add to a cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Actually they don't any more.  Have you been on a ship lately?

nor do they have a wall near the guest services desk with photos and titles.

I had to ask on my last cruise and they came up with a paper listing top officers.

I think a lot of folks are curious about the officers, but then again some folks on cc find them odd for being curious.  Who knew that curiosity now needs defending.  

19 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think a lot of folks are curious about the officers, but then again some folks on cc find them odd for being curious.  Who knew that curiosity now needs defending. 

No need to defend " curiosity " -- some care " Who's On Board " -- some don't .

( Here I go------ again )

For us, we could care less as long as we receive what we've paid for ( Excellent service - clean accommodations -- excellent food --- half decent entertainment ----), it's all good.

In addition , it's always " fun " meeting people from all over the world , exchange stories ( where ya from-- must be cold up there ? ), etc  , until--- out comes one of their iphones with 600 pictures of their grandchildren, or even worse -- listening to some golfer's bs about their low hcp ( never met anyone on a cruise with a hcp higher than 6 ). 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes, I have, and they did have the insert in the daily program

Well I was on the Summit for the April 25 and May 4 cruises and they did not have the insert in the daily program.  I've always saved those so I know who were the officers on my sailing.

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

So I think we can conclude that Summit doesn’t provide them but other ships do.

Not exactly. I did not receive an insert on Edge in October or Equinox in April. We can conclude that some ships provide them sometimes.

10 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well I was on the Summit for the April 25 and May 4 cruises and they did not have the insert in the daily program.  I've always saved those so I know who were the officers on my sailing.

Linda

On our last 3 sailings in November, 2021 (Constellation) and March (Silhouette) and May (Millennium), 2022, the listing of officers was on our TV screen as opposed to hard copy. I believe there was a hard copy available in November (we didn’t receive a copy in our daily), but it was easily accessible on screen.

Randy