Coral / Island Princess Balconies - Covered & Uncovered

Tom O.

Thanks for the info. sailing on Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise and wanted a balcony cabin with the larger balcony. Booked D419. It appears this is a partially covered cabin which is fine. Am I seeing this correctly.

Yes, that cabin is partially covered by the bumped out cabins above. That should be a nice cabin.

Tom:

A HUGE Thank You from a Long Beach, CA native!!! :D I can only imagine how many long hours you devoted to helping all of us out with all of our questions, and we do thank you!!!

We are booked on the Island on 4-6-06 R/T to Hawaii, and are in cabin D315. We knew going in that it would be uncovered, and that is fine with us to Hawaii, but if we were to be booking to a cool climate, we would probably look at something partially or fully covered.

Thanks again, Tom for all of your efforts!!!

Richard and Janine:)

Have a great time. Let us know about the cruise and how you liked the cabin. I have to wait until next December!

Tom

Great job. We will be in D503 on the March 14, 2006 sailing. I will let you know if it is covered or not. I was told by Princess at time of booking it was partially covered and then again by TA that is was partially covered and private. Guess not..............

Bonnie

Just thanking those of you who brought my attention to a couple of errors on the site. They have been corrected. And everything should be ok now. I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in D311, D312, D414, D415, D503 or D504. I named these particular cabins as particulary open to view. Would just like have some confrimation to see if I got the right room numbers. Thanks again

To view the site go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I can verify what you are saying about D311 and D312. We were in C309 which is next door and one level up from D311 - it is completely open to those fore and above. Here's a picture looking aft from C309, I think it gives you an idea:

C309a.jpg.de987322212c0191e8eb5eb171ce175d.jpg

Great job, Tom...my family is very appreciative of your effort! We'll be in B231 on the Island next January. We'd heard conflicting statements regarding covered/partially covered. This was very helpful.

Tom

Great job. We will be in D503 on the March 14, 2006 sailing. I will let you know if it is covered or not. I was told by Princess at time of booking it was partially covered and then again by TA that is was partially covered and private. Guess not..............

Bonnie

I have made a slight change after doing some intense studying of photos. I now have D503 as partly covered and moved the exposed balcony to D505. This is only day two of operation, and I have had to make a few adjustments, thanks to reponses to people who have actually been in some of these rooms.

To see the changes go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I can verify what you are saying about D311 and D312. We were in C309 which is next door and one level up from D311 - it is completely open to those fore and above. Here's a picture looking aft from C309, I think it gives you an idea:

Thanks for showing me the photo. It is good to hear a confirmation of my research. I did make a few minor changes to the Dophin deck diagram, but not in that section.

Great work! So helpful when trying to pick a cabin on the Coral or Island Princess.

Suzanne: Your photos were a great help as well since you had some great shots of the middle bump-out section.

Love being able to see balcony sizes along with coverage

Thanks!

Thank you Tom.

We are going on our first cruise ever - on the Coral Princess to Panama in December. We will be in Cabin 412 - I had a devil of a time picking a cabin. My biggest thought was something in the most stable area as I am prone to motion sickness. So now I know we have an uncovered balcony - I won't know till we get there how I feel about it tho:)

Thank you Tom.

We are going on our first cruise ever - on the Coral Princess to Panama in December. We will be in Cabin 412 - I had a devil of a time picking a cabin. My biggest thought was something in the most stable area as I am prone to motion sickness. So now I know we have an uncovered balcony - I won't know till we get there how I feel about it tho:)

I don't know what deck you are on, but the only completly uncovered balcony with that number is D412. But that is a nice room with an extra large balcony. There are no bad cabins on a cruise, there are just some that are better than others. Having an uncovered balcony is not a make or break situation. Many prefer uncovered ones. It is just good to know ahead of time what you are getting.

I am sure you will have a great time no matter what the balcony is like. Happy Sailing!

We Re in D726.....Port side aft. I see it is uncovered but can anyone tell me if it is bigger or smaller than the others around it? It wraps and I didn't know if that adds or subtracts space. We are trying it because I have read so many good things about aft balconys but size comparison is not something I have read that much about. Also there seems to be something large on the back of the deck across the stern on Dolphon Deck. Does that get in the way of that balcony or when you are out on that deck? Thanks to all, and I too want to say thanks for all the hard work on the diagrams. I too bookmarked!

We Re in D726.....Port side aft. I see it is uncovered but can anyone tell me if it is bigger or smaller than the others around it? It wraps and I didn't know if that adds or subtracts space. We are trying it because I have read so many good things about aft balconys but size comparison is not something I have read that much about. Also there seems to be something large on the back of the deck across the stern on Dolphon Deck. Does that get in the way of that balcony or when you are out on that deck? Thanks to all, and I too want to say thanks for all the hard work on the diagrams. I too bookmarked!

That is a great room. You get a view from the side and a 180 degree view aft. That room is uncovered but there is very few places above where people will look down. I am not sure what that structure on the back is either, but it looks to me that it is out of the way. Maybe someone who has actually been in that room will respond. I would take that room in a minute.

Tom --

Long time lurker - first time poster!

Thank you for taking the time to put all of this together. I am looking at taking the Island Princess to Hawaii in April, 2007. This information will come in very handy as we work through cabin options.

I appreciate you putting in the hours to map all of this out.

Best regards,

Randall

That is a great room. You get a view from the side and a 180 degree view aft. That room is uncovered but there is very few places above where people will look down. I am not sure what that structure on the back is either, but it looks to me that it is out of the way. Maybe someone who has actually been in that room will respond. I would take that room in a minute.

we tried for this cabin for panama, but it was unavailable....The "thing" in the back is for washing the windows of the ship, and remains relatively out of the way on sea days. In port, it is moved foreward along the track and may transiently block the view from just about any cabin on dolphin deck.

Tom, thank you so much, what a lot of work!! We were in E625 on our Island Hawaii cruise, loved the cabin and location, very large covered balcony! We're on the Coral in April on Caribe, half covered Cat BA. We actually would have preferred the covered BE, but it was more expensive! Go figure....

Tom --

Long time lurker - first time poster!

Thank you for taking the time to put all of this together. I am looking at taking the Island Princess to Hawaii in April, 2007. This information will come in very handy as we work through cabin options.

I appreciate you putting in the hours to map all of this out.

Best regards,

Randall

Thanks you for the complements (from everybody). It took a lot of time, but every minute of it was fun for me. Check the site once in a while, I am planning on adding some better photos. I am going to try to take some pictures of the Island this week when it returns to Los Angeles (I live nearby). I will make a posting here when I add the new pictures.

Reminder: to see the site go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/

Wow...this is amazing. Thank you! I wonder if this thread can become a sticky at the top of the Princess board. Now, we just have to have you cruise on the Grand class, Diamond/Sapphire and Caribbean/Crown and do the same huge amount of work.

I agree with you in that this should be a "sticky". Host Tink is this possible???.

Marilyn