Coral / Island Princess Balconies - Covered & Uncovered

Tom O.

I've now made several attempts to email Tom without success, so I am sort of putting this in the camp of he's not coming back any time soon.

I am happy to keep the alternate site up, but will probably rehost it to a more permanent site than our meet and greet website in due course.

Just wanted to add my "thank you" as well. I too had Tom's bookmarked and was sad to see it locked, but very glad to find this thread and your hard work! Thanks much for doing this.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if I already mentioned it, but I think E206/E207 are nice balcony cabins:

1. They are partially obstructed, as the railing is slanted and metal.

2. Cheapest balconies on board.

3. Close to the action when going through the Canal.

We booked E207 for our Panama Canal cruise next September. We did a Canal cruise in E236, which was also a great cabin.

I have been doing a lot of research lately on the tricky question of whether certain balconies on the Coral and Island Princess twin ships are covered or uncovered. I discovered that a list floating around here on this board was mostly correct, but had errors on it.

So after extensive research, I created some deck plan illustrations with each balcony color coded to show if it was covered or not. I created a web site with these deck plans along with several supporting photos. This should make it much easier for people to understand what they are booking.

This is the first time I have gone public with it and I would appreciate it if anybody has comments, suggestions, or corrections to let me know here or via the email that is included on the web site.

To see it go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/

I tried to access your site, but it's locked. I can't get access.

• 1 month later...

Hi All:

My computer hates me and I hate it at the moment.

My daughter and I are booked on the Coral for the Dec. 12 2014 partial transit.

With 5 sea days I got the chance to upgrade to a balcony for a reasonable amount. I've tried to open the old site. (which does not open) and I did open the temporary site, I've read some of the older posts but its 2:30 a.m. and I have been at this omg for over 2 hours. The cabin we were given is B721. I don't know what the color code is, but, I'm guessing yellow means uncovered.

Here are my questions as I have not had any experience in balcony rooms.

1. color codes explanation

2 pros and cons of deck 8 Emerald (same area, cost wise) opposed to deck 11 Baha.. Emerald also has balconies twice the size.

Deck 11 is about sold out, while deck 8 seems to have many balconies available (also wondering if there is a reason for this)

I guess I am asking for a consensus here before I try to change (if they will let me) to the lower deck. Opinions, answers, ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have to give up now & get some zzzzz.

Thanks all.

Marianne

ping.php?iid={B0A183CF-16FA-43D7-A442-B1987705EF6D}&nid=apl&idate=2013-10-24&testgroup=1&pr=wp

Edited by gardener718

Hi All:

Here are my questions as I have not had any experience in balcony rooms.

1. color codes explanation

The colour codes are shown in three places on each deck plan near to the lifts, but you may need to hit the magnify button on your PC in order to be able to read the text.

Whatever, the colour codes are:

Yellow - Uncovered

Red - Partially Covered

Blue - Covered

Green - See notes (in main text) These notes generally refer to the extent to which the balcony is overlooked either by its neighbours or from above.

Trust this helps

2 pros and cons of deck 8 Emerald (same area, cost wise) opposed to deck 11 Baha.. Emerald also has balconies twice the size.

Deck 11 is about sold out, while deck 8 seems to have many balconies available (also wondering if there is a reason for this)

Deck 8 is just above the Promenade deck and the running track, so it may have a little more noise than Deck 11. Deck 11 has cabins above and below.

We were on the Baja deck for our PC cruise. Although we always have a balcony, for some reason we rarely used it on that cruise. We just had too many other things going on.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the quick responses.

B721 is under the youth center and open. With 5 sea days the youth center might get a lot of action, lol and if its raining or very hot, this balcony offers no protection. sighhh.....

There is also a slight color differerence in the price colors on the cabins on emerald deck 8, so, I don't know if any would be or could be available. I may just check.

Regardless, we will have a wonderful time.

Thanks again.

Marianne

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at a partial canal cruise. What is everyone's opinion of either a bumped out balcony on the Aloha, Baja or Caribbe, vs a Dolphin or Emerald balcony. I would like to be able to look out and not have my view blocked by a bumped out balcony so that is why I am thinking of these cabins. I don't mind the sun. On other ships I prefer the Caribbe balconies due to the larger size and being half covered an half not covered. It has been a while since I was on the Island and can't recall the ship layout. I know we had a balcony on the Emerald deck and it seemed just fine.

Here's us a website showing you the layout of these 2 ships. Personally I like the 6 bumped out Caribe cabins C622, 624, 626 & C637, 639, 641 - as they are bumped out, partially covered and have the larger balconies. I believe they are the only ones on the ship like this.

http://www.islandpanama.org/meet-the-ship/covered-balcony-guide/

• 2 months later...