Coral / Island Princess Balconies - Covered & Uncovered

Tom O.

Wow...this is amazing. Thank you! I wonder if this thread can become a sticky at the top of the Princess board. Now, we just have to have you cruise on the Grand class, Diamond/Sapphire and Caribbean/Crown and do the same huge amount of work.

Actually, I was just on the Sapphire in January. I thought about doing the same for the Diamond and Sapphire twins, and maybe I will. But it really isn't that complicated for the other Princess ships. The "bump out" sections of the Coral/Island ships add all sorts of variables.

This stuff keeps me occupied while waiting for my next cruise, a whole 9 months away!

I have been doing a lot of research lately on the tricky question of whether certain balconies on the Coral and Island Princess twin ships are covered or uncovered. I discovered that a list floating around here on this board was mostly correct, but had errors on it.

So after extensive research, I created some deck plan illustrations with each balcony color coded to show if it was covered or not. I created a web site with these deck plans along with several supporting photos. This should make it much easier for people to understand what they are booking.

This is the first time I have gone public with it and I would appreciate it if anybody has comments, suggestions, or corrections to let me know here or via the email that is included on the web site.

To see it go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/

Thank you!!!!!!!!

I am booked on the Island repositioning cruise out of LA on 5/6/06. We are in a balcony cabin for the first time, this being our 8th cruise, so I was happy to know, with the possibility of cold rainy weather that our cabin on Emerald deck is covered. I thought it was, but really wasn't sure. Thanks for your excellent work and from your continued posts it looks like you'll be fine tuning it for a while too, but as it is it's great!

Denise

(another one up late in Long Beach)

• 6 years later...

While I recognize this is an old posting, it is extremely useful. My DW and I are about to book a RT Panama sailing for New Year and to celebrate her birthday, and this was just what I was looking for to choose a cabin.

One question for anyone who sailed RT Panama out of FLL - is there a preference of Port or Starboard for the transit? Also, do the bump-outs provide better vistas than the other balcony cabins?

Thanks

While I recognize this is an old posting, it is extremely useful. My DW and I are about to book a RT Panama sailing for New Year and to celebrate her birthday, and this was just what I was looking for to choose a cabin.

One question for anyone who sailed RT Panama out of FLL - is there a preference of Port or Starboard for the transit? Also, do the bump-outs provide better vistas than the other balcony cabins?

Thanks

Intrigued,

You may need to start a new thread to get a response to your question.

• 1 year later...

We used it to choose our cabin on caribe deck it was great. So just chose the same cabin for next years cruise. Love to know if anyone gets the link up. It was great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom - not sure if you follow this thread, but the site on verizon is down. If you are not hosting it any more,I'd be willing to put the files up on my server.
If Tom doesn't respond, I copied the deckplans and photos to be able to use off line. I could share them with you if you believe you could post them from another source. You can contact me at IECalCruiser at 1694vsh dot com.

If Tom doesn't respond, I copied the deckplans and photos to be able to use off line. I could share them with you if you believe you could post them from another source. You can contact me at IECalCruiser at 1694vsh dot com.

Emailed a request for them. I would like them personally at least and could post if Tom doesn't get his site back