Coral / Island Princess Balconies - Covered & Uncovered

Tom O.

:confused: the legend is near every staircase on every deck?

...as for size, did you click full size and then click to expand the image again? Browsers tend to downscale images by default....

Wonderful! I clicked 'full resolution' and then clicked again over forward, mid ship, and aft. Wow! that brought each section of the deck up so nice and big. Thanks so much. :)

Appears to be an issue with the png format and my browser setup. When I looked at it in chrome I could zoom in and see them clearly...

:confused: the legend is near every staircase on every deck?

...as for size, did you click full size and then click to expand the image again? Browsers tend to downscale images by default....

Appears to be an issue with the png format and my browser setup. When I looked at it in chrome I could zoom in and see them clearly...

Ok good to hear, perhaps leave both versions available... I like the one big image approach personally.

That looks great. When I have more time, I'll look into building something that can scroll in the page, and maybe even a cabin lookup tool.

Ok revised version using the new big image is up and there is a link to the older images still as well. Between the two choices people should be set.

If/when Tom's site is back up I'll stop hosting but provide him the new file.

Enjoy --- http://www.islandpanama.org/meet-the-ship/covered-balcony-guide/

I have been doing a lot of research lately on the tricky question of whether certain balconies on the Coral and Island Princess twin ships are covered or uncovered. I discovered that a list floating around here on this board was mostly correct, but had errors on it.

So after extensive research, I created some deck plan illustrations with each balcony color coded to show if it was covered or not. I created a web site with these deck plans along with several supporting photos. This should make it much easier for people to understand what they are booking.

This is the first time I have gone public with it and I would appreciate it if anybody has comments, suggestions, or corrections to let me know here or via the email that is included on the web site.

To see it go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/

Hey Tom: I tried to go to your website, but it says that it is "Locked". I found it extremely informative in the past, and now I'm at a loss. I booked mini-suite B416 on the Coral Princess for an Alaskan cruise next year, but am now 2nd guessing my decision. My sister and I spend a lot of time on our balcony, and I believe this one is only 25 sq. ft. being on the rounded corner of the bump out on the port side According to your website, this mini was at least partially covered. I think the only mini's left are on the Dolphin deck, and I can't tell if any of them are covered. Can you inform please. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Tom: I tried to go to your website, but it says that it is "Locked". I found it extremely informative in the past, and now I'm at a loss. I booked mini-suite B416 on the Coral Princess for an Alaskan cruise next year, but am now 2nd guessing my decision. My sister and I spend a lot of time on our balcony, and I believe this one is only 25 sq. ft. being on the rounded corner of the bump out on the port side According to your website, this mini was at least partially covered. I think the only mini's left are on the Dolphin deck, and I can't tell if any of them are covered. Can you inform please. Any help would be appreciated.

Please look at the maps at the temporary site I set up. Link is in my signature and a couple of posts up.

I did just that, and thank you so very much! I also left a reply

on your site.

Barbie

You are most welcome, I found tom's website such a big help, I'm just glad fellow CC members had the materials to help get it back up until whatever is going on with his site can be resolved.

Hey Tom: I tried to go to your website, but it says that it is "Locked". I found it extremely informative in the past, and now I'm at a loss.

That post to Tom's website was from early 2006 & he hasn't posted on CC since October 2013 so he may not be actively participating in CC. I've referred many passengers to his website which sadly is now "locked". :(

Thankfully 'sfo2008' saved it so we may still view Tom's great website...thanks 'sfo2008'! :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 2 weeks later...

I've now made several attempts to email Tom without success, so I am sort of putting this in the camp of he's not coming back any time soon.

I am happy to keep the alternate site up, but will probably rehost it to a more permanent site than our meet and greet website in due course.

I've now made several attempts to email Tom without success, so I am sort of putting this in the camp of he's not coming back any time soon.

I am happy to keep the alternate site up, but will probably rehost it to a more permanent site than our meet and greet website in due course.

Sfo2008 thanks so much for doing this. My friends are astounded by MY :) knowledge about the cabins on the island and the coral. An excellent resource by Tom. Thank you for the upgrades and hosting.

Thanks so much for doing this!! I had Tom's site bookmarked, but like the others have posted, couldn't open it anymore. I'm sailing on the Coral in September 2015 and this has been a great help!!

I have printed the information this time and will keep it in my "cruise file"

I have my own server if you need a location, but I would love so see the info on two sites as well, so this doesn't happen again anytime soon.

Thanks you for the complements (from everybody). It took a lot of time, but every minute of it was fun for me. Check the site once in a while, I am planning on adding some better photos. I am going to try to take some pictures of the Island this week when it returns to Los Angeles (I live nearby). I will make a posting here when I add the new pictures.

Reminder: to see the site go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/

Why is this link locked to me? Is there a trick to getting it to open

Why is this link locked to me? Is there a trick to getting it to open

If you read earlier in this discussion it's locked for everyone and no longer being maintained by Tom.

Here's a link to a temporary website that "sfo2008" has provided:

http://www.islandpanama.org/meet-the-ship/covered-balcony-guide/