carry out from Luminae?

39august

13 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

And short staffed at that…

On Connie, we had the full complement of 3 waiters, the 'bread person', and the sommelier.  If anything out of the ordinary needed doing, the restaurant manager took on those issues.  Never a service issue over the course of 15 nights, and these were the two Connie restart cruises.  No doubt running even smoother now, if that's possible.

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Could we order the cheese plate to go at Luminae? Not all the time of course. 

You certainly could.  I would hope you wouldn't.   The staff at Luminae has lots of duties and they are doing things other than preparing a cheese plate for happy hour.

Room service, your butler (it is their job!) or a walk to Oceanview to get exactly what you desire might work better

• Like 1

OP - Were you asking that if you could take cheese plate back to your room?  I am assuming you ordered dinner and ate it in the dining room and just want take a cheese plater with you. right?  I bet it would not be a problem in this case.  Otherwise I agree with the previous replies.

Edited by Sam.Seattle
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

When we booked Concierge, we’d have them give us cheese and fruit plates. The steward takes care of that….daily. 

Den

When you have a Concierge class room, your stateroom is in a section with other Concierge where one room steward delivers canapes from a cart to all rooms, rarely does it contain cheese and fruit.  Do you tell the room steward to replace the canapes with cheese and fruit?  I wonder if you can do that in AQ or even lower categories.  

15 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

When you have a Concierge class room, your stateroom is in a section with other Concierge where one room steward delivers canapes from a cart to all rooms, rarely does it contain cheese and fruit.  Do you tell the room steward to replace the canapes with cheese and fruit?  I wonder if you can do that in AQ or even lower categories.  

Yes, they’d change it to you wish.

As to non-Concierge. we had a standard balcony and we forgot and asked for a cheese plate and the steward had room service bring it. Did that directly the next time….a bit of an error on me!

But yes, cheese and crackers, fruit. Yup. Had friends over and they set it for for us and had it in the room when we got there. I gave them what we wanted and what time, and we’d not be there yet. All went just fine. Tipped the server…..and I didn’t post that to get into another neverending tip discussion…..please! 

No reason to bug some dining area. And yes, zipping up to Oceanview works great when you aren’t sure what you want and you can ‘graze’ and take it out. 

Den

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do you tell the room steward to replace the canapes with cheese and fruit?  I wonder if you can do that in AQ or even lower categories.  

Yes to AquaClass last October.  When our Cabin Stewardess came the first day to introduce herself, she asked if we would like the afternoon canapés and if we had any special requests or additions.  I asked for a fruit plate so each day we received the usual canapes along with an assorted fruit plate.  We could have had cheese, etc..as well.   I eat cheese, but particular ones so I didn't want to make an additional request within a request.  😉

During previous cruises I had never thought about making special requests for the canapés.  I have read on here that some people do, so I was going to inquire about it, but she asked first. 😃

🍹

• Thanks 1

Better question, is the cheese plate actually special or just something to eat?  We didn't notice anything particularly high end about the cheeses, or the crackers, while on Edge.  There's plenty to eat throughout the day, so as a snack it was fine.  But the included cheeses were of an average quality, and the crackers were pepperidge farm or less.  All perfectly fine for a snack, but not exquisite or anything to spend thousands of dollars to have access to.  

There was a lack of snack food,  overall.  The Retreat Lounge only has snacks for about an hour each day, and its nothing like an airline lounge that always has bar mix and some sweets to nibble on, plus veggies, etc.

Regarding take out generally, it's an important gap.   At Luminae we didn't need a fancy dessert at 8 - 9 pm when we were done with our entrees.  Rather, we'd have preferred to have it a bit later.  Taking a dessert to go consisted of the heavy plate and plastic banquet cover from the 1970s.  It was not practical, and surely could be improved upon.  As an aside, the regular apple pie that is served everywhere was less tasty and more flacid than a Table Talk mini-pie from the grocery store.  

• Thanks 1