your favorite buffet item?

What's your favorite carnival buffet entree? or side dish?  

its kinda weird but the one dish that stands out, to me, is something i don't eat back home.  We dont go to Indian restaurants but there's an Indian cuisine item on Carnival that i always sample...can't remember its name.  i scoop in on top of white rice and i'm a happy dude.  

other than that i'm a big fan of breakfast bacon.    

The Indian Vegetarian is one of my all time favorites (I've even been known to order it on formal night) but I've never found it on the buffet (so I'm really curious about the item you describe - I think I would love it).  I will have to keep an eye out for it.

My favorite is the gelato.

I always like the carved meats. Turkey, roast beef, prime rib - probably my favorite item on the buffets.

By far my favorite dessert is the funfetti cheesecake which seems to only be served on embarkation day.

• Like 3

Mashed Potatoes, which they don’t have often.   Rice is cheaper so that’s what is usually on the e buffet.  

Second choice is the  random salads on the salad bar.  Made with zucchini and corn. Sometimes jicama.  Interesting combos.  

• Like 1

On the buffet......hmmm, we don't eat at the buffet often (if I forgo the MDR I usually hit up the deli), but I do remember on one of our last cruises there was this WONDERFUL beet and raspberry salad at the salad station when I went to make a side salad to go with my sandwich. It was absolutly AMAZING! I wish I had gotten a bigger portion, it was so good! 

• Like 1

They used to make a baked tomato (yes, tomato) stuffed with butternut squash, dried cranberries and other "stuff". Haven't seen it since post-Covid, but it was Very tasty and I hope they bring it back.

4 minutes ago, EarloftheSeas said:

Before Guy's and now Shaq's, my go-to embarkation lunch was the yankee pot roast at the buffet.  It was always pretty decent.  I haven't seen/looked for that one in quite a while.

I LOVE yankee pot roast! If the buffet has had it, I haven't notice it. I'll be on the look out for it on our next cruise. Thanks for the tip Earl! 👍

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
50 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Favorite buffet item, well I'm coming up with a blank 😶

17 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

The Exit Sign...

20220609-105045.jpg

😉

How to tell the seasoned cruisers in a forum.😉

Last cruise on the Magic in March the food was not good.The buffet was the worst I’ve ever seen, very little variety and not tasty.  The MDR had much smaller portions (this is ok by me actually) but the sides were basically none. Like I was supposed to have grilled veggies and there were 2 small pieces.  I know they were just getting back after the pandemic,  I’m hoping things are getting figured out. I cruise on the Spirt with a picky 12 year old the end of the month and I’m wondering how that will go…. Lol

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Seafood, meat, benedicts (salmon benedict is best IMO) and those tasty-tasty round hash-browns.  

The hash browns are exactly the same as the Bo-Rounds served at Bojangles

4 hours ago, EarloftheSeas said:

Before Guy's and now Shaq's, my go-to embarkation lunch was the yankee pot roast at the buffet.  It was always pretty decent.  I haven't seen/looked for that one in quite a while.

Your favorite item is "pretty decent". This does not speak well of the remaining buffet items.

• Haha 1