Princess changes

darnoc23

46 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I called again yesterday afternoon in another attempt to purchase post-cruise FCD. After maybe 25 minutes on hold I got a live person who told me she couldn't help with the problem. She gave me another number with a direct extension. I haven't called it yet as I'm certain it connects to a Princess Cruise Planner. I was contacted by one of them back in December of 2018 and he thought I had only finished one cruise, informed me he was my personal cruise planner, and had assigned me a Captain's Circle Number. I informed him the I was already had a Captain's Circle Number, was Elite status with Princess, and that he was most definitely not my personal cruise planner. I never heard from him again until just recently when we returned from our last cruise in May. Since then I have been constantly bombarded with emails from him with emails "reminding me" to complete my booking (I don't have one pending) and to "not let my vacation get away", etc. GAH!!!

The number the Princess person gave me yesterday is the same number as his with a different extension so I'm extremely hesitant to call and ask to purchase the post-cruise FCD. Being bombarded (several times a week) by emails from the other guy I told to go away and leave me alone back in 2018 I'm afraid I'll just end up with two of them hassling me all the time.

Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can call the new person, accomplish what I want, and then also make both of them leave me alone?  I have a TA that we always use and are happy with. I don't want to change my preferences so as to not receive any email from Princess. I just want the PCP (previously PVP) to leave me alone.

Why not see if the new person seems to be able to help.  If they can, great.  If not, send them an email and let them know you have another CVP and don't need whoever this new person is (they don't need to know you are not interested in your "default" CVP.  As for the original one, hmmm.... tell him you have an issue with State Department and our passport was cancelled and you currently cannot leave the country for five years.  You will contact him once the situation is resolved and you are able to travel again.  

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... I just now got yet another email titled "Don't Let Your Vacation Get Away" from the annoying cruise planner. That makes 4 from him this week.

Those are auto generated any time you do a mock booking on ANY cruiseline.  I get them from RCL, Celebrity, Princess and NCL.  NCL are the absolute worse, haven't even tried to book with them and they call and leave messages about their great sale.  Finally answered one and just told them to put me on the do not call list.  It's been 2 weeks since they've called so maybe it worked.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Those are auto generated any time you do a mock booking on ANY cruiseline.

Perhaps so but they all contain the same guy's contact info. When I told him to go away back in 2018 I had hoped that was the last of him. I haven't done any mock bookings other than to simply check fares and I never got any farther than the initial cabin choice so I never entered any information. In the past I've been able to do that without any annoying email as a result.

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Perhaps so but they all contain the same guy's contact info. When I told him to go away back in 2018 I had hoped that was the last of him. I haven't done any mock bookings other than to simply check fares and I never got any farther than the initial cabin choice so I never entered any information. In the past I've been able to do that without any annoying email as a result.

You don't have to enter info they know who you are LOL 🙂   *cookies 

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... I just now got yet another email titled "Don't Let Your Vacation Get Away" from the annoying cruise planner. That makes 4 from him this week.

Mark it SPAM.  I use GMAIL and once I mark an email  as SPAM it goes in the SPAM folder.

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

I called again yesterday afternoon in another attempt to purchase post-cruise FCD... I haven't called it yet as I'm certain it connects to a Princess Cruise Planner....

Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can call the new person, accomplish what I want, and then also make both of them leave me alone?  I have a TA that we always use and are happy with. I don't want to change my preferences so as to not receive any email from Princess. I just want the PCP (previously PVP) to leave me alone.

Hey Thrak, Always enjoy your posts and sorry you're having problems. First, I did not think you could purchase FCD post cruise.

Log onto your Princess account, then My Account, Profile Information, Receive offers and news. Select what you want and don't want. You mentioned you did not want to opt out of all email, but you know, you can try the setting and always go back. It takes awhile for changes to happen, and a log in, seems to trigger an email. You said you didn't have an upcoming cruise, while you're in your profile, would be a good time to check this.

As far as having two CVPs assigned, (apparently,) I like Steelers36 direct approach, well, to a point he was direct anyway. Usually find being direct yields the best results.  Tell both of them what you want, then to stop calling you and any  email sent directly from them.  Reinforce this by letting them know if they don't stop, you'll have their supervisor tell them to stop.

Edited by mtnesterz

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

another attempt to purchase post-cruise FCD

I tried to do this last month when my onboard purchase didn't go through but couldn't.  Even though I could in 2019. Now only available onboard so getting more in 2 weeks. This time I'm getting a receipt 

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Hey Thrak, Always enjoy your posts and sorry you're having problems. First, I did not think you could purchase FCD post cruise.

You have up to 60 days to make a post-cruise purchase. I got an email offer and it includes a promo code. The FCD is not nearly as good as a "regular" FCD as the OBC is reduced. It still counts as the full deposit and does give "some" OBC. Comparison below:

=============================================

OBC From FCD (Regular)

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

Welcome Home/Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) Promotion

3 - 6 Days $10 Inside, $10 Outside, $15 Balcony, $15 Suite

7 - 10 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $30 Balcony, $30 Suite

11 - 16 Days $40Inside, $40 Outside, $60 Balcony, $60 Suite

17 + Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $125 Balcony, $125 Suite

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I tried to do this last month when my onboard purchase didn't go through but couldn't.  Even though I could in 2019. Now only available onboard so getting more in 2 weeks. This time I'm getting a receipt 

I got an email with the offer. Here is a small portion of the email:

====================================================

We hope you enjoyed your cruise, and to show our thanks for sailing with us we're offering up to $125 in onboard spending money1 when you place a refundable $100 deposit2 for your next cruise in the next 60 days. And Princess® offers flexible booking options - so if your plans change or you change your mind - there's no need to worry. We can't wait to cruise with you again soon!

To take advantage of this offer, call 1.800.PRINCESS, your Cruise Vacation Planner or your Travel Advisor and reference your Welcome Home Deposit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I got an email with the offer. Here is a small portion of the email:

====================================================

We hope you enjoyed your cruise, and to show our thanks for sailing with us we're offering up to $125 in onboard spending money1 when you place a refundable $100 deposit2 for your next cruise in the next 60 days. And Princess® offers flexible booking options - so if your plans change or you change your mind - there's no need to worry. We can't wait to cruise with you again soon!

To take advantage of this offer, call 1.800.PRINCESS, your Cruise Vacation Planner or your Travel Advisor and reference your Welcome Home Deposit.

Hope you get one!! So good to know its happening again. But mine would've been spent by now so needing yet more again

Edited by Ombud

On 6/12/2022 at 10:37 AM, Ombud said:

Hope you get one!! So good to know its happening again. But mine would've been spent by now so needing yet more again

Such an idiot. I intended to buy 3 more for each of us on the last cruise. I'm going to give in and call the "cruise planner" number now and see how that goes.

• Like 1

Okay. I called an hour ago and, even though I called the cruise planner number and entered the extension I was given it was a 30 minute hold to get a person. When I did get someone she "couldn't find" the "Campaign Code" that was listed in the email. She messed around a while and said she would have to contact someone else so I went back on hold. 20 minutes later she came back and said she was still there and to hang on again. It was only 10 minutes or so before she came back and told me that, because I already have one FCD that I had purchased on another cruise, I wasn't eligible for the offer they had sent me.

Sigh... that make another hour of my life wasted. I give up. We're considering a 16 day cruise in December and a 32 day B2B2B in 2023. I can't wait until December to buy more FCD for the B2B2B as it will almost certainly go up in price and the cabin I want will likely no longer be available for all 3 legs of the cruise. I also can't apply the existing FCD to a cruise and then take advantage of the offer they sent be because it seems one can't use the offer if they have a cruise booked. I guess I'll just give up.

So much for their "Welcome Home" offer and their email entitled "To Say Thanks For Cruising With Us!"

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Okay. I called an hour ago and, even though I called the cruise planner number and entered the extension I was given it was a 30 minute hold to get a person. When I did get someone she "couldn't find" the "Campaign Code" that was listed in the email. She messed around a while and said she would have to contact someone else so I went back on hold. 20 minutes later she came back and said she was still there and to hang on again. It was only 10 minutes or so before she came back and told me that, because I already have one FCD that I had purchased on another cruise, I wasn't eligible for the offer they had sent me.

Sigh... that make another hour of my life wasted. I give up. We're considering a 16 day cruise in December and a 32 day B2B2B in 2023. I can't wait until December to buy more FCD for the B2B2B as it will almost certainly go up in price and the cabin I want will likely no longer be available for all 3 legs of the cruise. I also can't apply the existing FCD to a cruise and then take advantage of the offer they sent be because it seems one can't use the offer if they have a cruise booked. I guess I'll just give up.

So much for their "Welcome Home" offer and their email entitled "To Say Thanks For Cruising With Us!"

I think it said in the Welcome Home email you could contact your travel advisor and you said you have a TA you like to use? Why don't you forward him/her that email and have them deal with it? 

The other option is to email one of the CVPs (kind of losing track of your situation)....by forwarding the email and stating you are interested in booking a cruise if you can get this offer and they contact you. I have found with the (sometimes ) CVP I 'have', she calls me immediatly if I email her about something I want help booking and never hear from her if I email her about a problem.....

Just some thoughts.

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I think it said in the Welcome Home email you could contact your travel advisor and you said you have a TA you like to use? Why don't you forward him/her that email and have them deal with it? 

The other option is to email one of the CVPs (kind of losing track of your situation)....by forwarding the email and stating you are interested in booking a cruise if you can get this offer and they contact you. I have found with the (sometimes ) CVP I 'have', she calls me immediatly if I email her about something I want help booking and never hear from her if I email her about a problem.....

Just some thoughts.

Good luck!

TA tried and was told it couldn't be done if one has a cruise booked. He told them there was no cruise booked or even on hold but he had "looked" at one and that caused them to say it was booked. He gave up after several hours and I told him I'd try myself later. I said above that I had called the CVP line and she was unable to do it as I have an actual FCD already in my account. Princess used to be so easy to deal with but that is no longer the case. I'll just book my cruises, pay the deposit, and forego the OBC.