Regent Newbie

You will find lots of tips throughout this forum.  If you ask some specific questions, that will help get some additional info.

The topic "What I've learned on this thread" would be a good start.

What is embarkation port?, What category of suite?

15 hours ago, MarcyLondon said:

Any tips for first time Regent cruisers?

Random thoughts, in no particular order:

•  - Read the daily news sheet, Passages, to see the daily schedule 
  •  - Take advantage of the included laundry & pressing. They do an excellent job
  •  - Try out all the lunch and dinner venues at least once each
  •  - If you want additional speciality restaurant reservations, it helps if you can be flexible on time and sharing
  •  - Although many excursions are included don’t feel pressured to take a long excursion every day during a port intensive cruise. Allow time to relax & enjoy the ship
  •  - Let your steward or butler know your drink preferences so that they stock your fridge to your liking
  •  - If you do not care for the wines offered at dinner ask for an alternative. The sommeliers are usually very helpful
  •  - Speak to a member of staff if you have a special request, or something is not to your liking. If they can fix it they will
  •  - Book your next cruise while on board (or 30 days prior). You will receive more flexible booking conditions than normal for a U.K. booking. You can transfer the booking to your TA for any extra discounts or perks on offer. The cruise consultants on board are very helpful

………………….. and most importantly, enjoy your cruise 😎

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 5

If you like good wine and the first night, you order a bottle that you need to pay for - everyone perks up a bit and starts to invite you to the wine events, make suggestions and will go out of their way to ensure you have the wine you like.  We find it sets a tone for the rest of the cruise. 

Flexibility is key if you would like to eat in the speciality restaurants more often.   Show up and ask if they can seat you later - most of the time they can.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

You will find lots of tips throughout this forum.  If you ask some specific questions, that will help get some additional info.

The topic "What I've learned on this thread" would be a good start.

What is embarkation port?, What category of suite?

Superior at the moment but waitlisted for Concierge. Embarking from Barcelona

Embarkation - When you get onboard, while waiting for the cabins to be ready, we always go to the pool grill for a nice lunch.  We are not buffet people, so enjoy the table service at the Pool Grill.  We have a couple of beers, text our TA to let her know we have arrived, and enjoy our first couple of hours on board.  Usually by the time we have finished the cabins are open to us and we head to our cabin, and usually our luggage has already arrived.

Your room stewards should stop by shortly after you get in your cabin.  You can then make sure your bar set up contains what you want.  We usually have beer, club soda in our refrigerator and a bottle of red wine and some type of after dinner brandy..

After unpacking, it is time to explore the ship.

• Thanks 1

Also, on day one - it is a good idea to double check your booked excursions.  You should find your tickets in your cabin when you arrive.  You can then double check that you are reserved for the excursions you booked.  There should also be an errata sheet on any changes to the excursions since they were published on the web.  There may be changes, so need to review the list.  I have found the usual changes are to the activity level of the excursion.  But it is always good to check this sheet.

3 hours ago, MarcyLondon said:

Superior at the moment but waitlisted for Concierge

IMO, F1 & F2 suites offer the best value.

The Concierge suites, D & E have the same suite size & layout, but many have balconies that are deeper than most of the F suites.

So unless you are offered a Concierge in a much better location with a deeper balcony I would stick with the Superior.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2022 at 2:52 PM, flossie009 said:

IMO, F1 & F2 suites offer the best value.

The Concierge suites, D & E have the same suite size & layout, but many have balconies that are deeper than most of the F suites.

So unless you are offered a Concierge in a much better location with a deeper balcony I would stick with the Superior.

Thanks so much

1) All of the complimentary wines available aren't widely advertised so you need to ask some questions.  For instance if you order a chardonnay you will get one of the less expensive ones while a nicer French one is available, ask for the French white burgundy and they'll give you all you want.

This list is a little dated I think there is a more recent one somewhere.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2645719-current-explorer-complimentary-wine-list/

2) Sette Mari is a nice alternative Italian restaurant  that is first come first served, you need to be there at 6:30 when it opens to be assured of getting a table.  Sette Mari & Compass Rose menus are posted on the TV so you can decide which best suits your taste that evening.

3) The biggest advantage for a new Regent cruiser in a Concierge suite is the expanded time frame to make excursions and specialty reservations.   If your cruise is full many popular excursions may be completely  filled (you could be shut out)at this point and specialty restaurants may only have fairly undesirable times available.  If it were me I'd do some homework on excursion and specialty restaurant reservation availability.

https://www.rssc.com/discover-more/blog/upgraded-amenities-of-your-concierge-suite

Edited by RetiredandTravel

20 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

1) All of the complimentary wines available aren't widely advertised so you need to ask some questions.  For instance if you order a chardonnay you will get one of the less expensive ones while a nicer French one is available, ask for the French white burgundy and they'll give you all you want.

This list is a little dated I think there is a more recent one somewhere.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2645719-current-explorer-complimentary-wine-list/

Hear is a more recent wine list from my March Navigator cruise.  Wine lists between the ships differ due to supply chain and vintage changes.

0906FED4-8BCF-40AE-8C9E-51B41D422237.jpeg

C154E4B9-0925-43F9-921D-7373F0781971.jpeg

Edited by NCCruzQueen