US to Drop Requirement for Negative COVID Test

schittenden

16 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

90 days of freedom.  Article states they will reassess in 90 days.  

Is that 90 days from Sunday….we fly home on 9/10…That is 90 days from this Sunday…I hope that is the reassessment not when they would put that back in place

1 minute ago, Susanb10567 said:

Is that 90 days from Sunday….we fly home on 9/10…That is 90 days from this Sunday…I hope that is the reassessment not when they would put that back in place

I assume this would be the start of the assessment process so I think you are okay.  ENJOY!  We did a land vacation to Munich in May and the thought of testing and all this entails was stressful.

This is such good news. There are four of us traveling next month. I have 9 eMed tests and have been dithering about ordering more for backup. While we'll still need them for boarding the ship, and I doubt that will end anytime soon, we will save the extras for our December cruise.

1 minute ago, Majkman said:

I too am hoping that Celebrity dumps it!!! We head off to Rome in 22 days for our Med cruise!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

That decision is more in Italy's hands, not Celebrity's. Don't get your hopes up.

Had to take a pre departure test on Wednesday in Barcelona to fly home yesterday.  Thankfully we were both negative.  The clinic specializes in pre departure tests and report a 10% positivity rate of mostly asymptomatic people.  

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I don't see this for a very long time.

I hope the opposite, why should cruise ships be the exception now. Tests aren't required for pretty much anything else, infact nothing else here in the UK at least. 

• Like 3