Quick wash/dry and cooler undies for a hot climate

pcur

I finally found undies that are perfect (for me) on cruises when it's hot and humid.  For some of you that may be business as usual in your home climate.  I live in a "dry heat" area in CA, so these are my all the time undies now.  (Apologies for the BIG pictures).

First of all the bra.  It looks like it will fall apart in the washer/dryer, but I think these are made from the stretch materials they use to make ice skating costumes.  I adore these bras, and I have white, blush, gray, and black.  34A is the smallest they have.  $25-$30 each.  These have a plastic under wire only in front, and are incredibly comfortable.  I will put silicone strap holders under the shoulder straps if the strap starts to curl.  I wear a C cup, but the girls are dense and heavy.  Once the bra is on, it does not move on me.  Plus, they are very pretty.  On a cruise, soak in a sink with a little of the bath gel/shampoo, swish around, blot with a hand towel, hook in the back, and hang on the lower rack in the closet like the hanger is "wearing" the bra.  Dry in 3-4 hours.

image.thumb.jpeg.62c53b1754b8f118b0e561c9182f2d72.jpeg

Panties:  Breezies Modal fabric.  Unbelievably light, stretchy, breathing, and wash/dry in about 2 hours.  This set is the correct fabric, and the panty next to the black pair is a lovely soft pink print.  This set is also sold on Ebay.

71vsRtuUyRS._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Edited by pcur

When searching for undies I searched “wicking” undies.  They are perfect fit, comfortable and dry quickly.  Most of the wicking fabrics have a structure which also prevent odor - within limits.   I tried a number of brands and all were to my standards 

my DH surprisingly likes his too

they are also ideal for packing light

Edited by Mary229

I still have my stash of Ex-officio undies that I bought for a trip back in 2009.  I only use them for travel so they will last in case they stop making them.   My everyday jockey microfiber undies dry overnight, too.  

I don't have a "quick dry' bra.  I usually take 3 non-wire bras with me so I will have a dry one while others are in drying process.  I've got a few Sweatty Betty pullover bras that I like and really don't take up much room.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Those look like a great product.  Is the fabric slightly padded or sheer or somewhere in between

The ones i have are the Stamina bra.  not padded and not sheer.  You do get a little bit of uniboob if you have a lot, but i don't mind.  It is kind of a double fabric, but with waffle knit in places to help with heat dispersion.  hard to describe. pick a color other than white on the page to better see the 'waffle'.   I wore them all Summer last year, and i loved them.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2022 at 3:02 PM, 57redbird said:

Please tell us the bra brand....

Hi, I was going to ask the same question.....it is a very pretty bra. What brand?

15 hours ago, jhsocal said:

Has anyone tried those panties you discard after one use?Thought of them for part of the time if you did not want to wash panties every night.

I have a pack of them in my luggage as backup should the laundry not get back in time.  Eh, so so.   I would not wear them daily. 

• Thanks 1

I have never tried them and I  don't wash what I bring every night.  I know some gals throw stuff out before disembarking but I am not one of them. I actually bought some new undergarments recently and love them.......I am an all cotton Jockey gal. I love their products. Breathable and fits correctly.🙂

The undies i take with me dry easily overnight.  i've always just taken 5 minutes of my nighttime regime to do a little wash in the sink.  It's not hard, and 5 minutes isn't a big deal to me.  But, then, I'm used to handwashing when i go camping.

• Like 1

I tried the kind that you throw out. The fit, for me, was awful. I just bring enough cotton panties to either have the ship do the laundry or I use the self service laundry on the ship - if there is one.