Customs and immigration question

jenster6

We are on enchanted princess in October to new England and Canada .what is the procedure for clearing customs and immigration on arrival back into New York? 

Do they do it on board the ship or when you get off? When we did it on cunard in San Francisco, they came on board and it took ages . 

We have a connecting flight from new York to Boston that was at 13.25 so would have lots of time , but the flight time has moved to 10.45 and I'm not sure if we will make it in time.

Thanks , any suggestions welcome 

Okay, had to check the itinerary, as Caribbean Princess has a different itinerary.  Caribbean re-enters the US in Bar Harbor, after Canada, so Immigration is done there, and just customs in NYC.  But, since NYC is your first stop after Canada, both will be done in NYC.  I've never known CBP to do an onboard clearance in NYC, especially for a closed loop cruise.

1 hour ago, jenster6 said:

We are on enchanted princess in October to new England and Canada .what is the procedure for clearing customs and immigration on arrival back into New York? 

Do they do it on board the ship or when you get off? When we did it on cunard in San Francisco, they came on board and it took ages . 

We have a connecting flight from new York to Boston that was at 13.25 so would have lots of time , but the flight time has moved to 10.45 and I'm not sure if we will make it in time.

Thanks , any suggestions welcome 

Call the airline tell them you cannot make that time  that is why you booked the later flight

When the airlines moves your flight that much, they will rebook you later when you tell them that earlier time is not possible.  Be clear when you call it is because the airline changed the time.

My last cruise on NCL Breakaway that left and returned to NYC had clearance on board the ship. They had facial recognition set up in the dining room and lines snaked around the ship. After identify was confirmed, they collected our customs form right there and from there it was off the ship, collect luggage if you set it out, and on to the street.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on this, I rang the airline and explained and they put us on a flight from JFK instead of EWR ,same time s our original flight and at no extra cost ,even though it was now almost 3 times the price we paid , so we are very happy with that