Silversea buys Crystal Endeavor

Mr Luxury

Another issue here--with the Silver Explorer leaving the SS fleet next year, without adding the Endeavor--what (if anything) will replace it in Antarctica, the Kimberley etc.? SS has already shifted from the Explorer to the Cloud beginning November 2023 for the Antarctica fly/cruise packages.

19 hours ago, taxatty said:

Another issue here--with the Silver Explorer leaving the SS fleet next year, without adding the Endeavor--what (if anything) will replace it in Antarctica, the Kimberley etc.? SS has already shifted from the Explorer to the Cloud beginning November 2023 for the Antarctica fly/cruise packages.

The refurbished Wind will replace the Explorer. But it would be wonderful if they added the Endeavor.

Edited by highplanesdrifters
Edit

19 hours ago, taxatty said:

Very good question above, plus the added info/response of "The refurbished Wind will replace the Explorer. But it would be wonderful if they added the Endeavor."

We want to do the cruise to Antarctica.  The more good ships doing this adventure routing that makes things better and provide more options.  Look forward to seeing how this all works out.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Very good question above, plus the added info/response of "The refurbished Wind will replace the Explorer. But it would be wonderful if they added the Endeavor."

We want to do the cruise to Antarctica.  The more good ships doing this adventure routing that makes things better and provide more options.  Look forward to seeing how this all works out.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

I agree. We are also looking to return.  But what ship?  I would like an itinary that does more than 3 days in South Georgia. Hard to find.

• 3 weeks later...

Silversea's advice to customers - they got that out quick 🙂

Dear

We are thrilled to announce a brand new addition to our ultra-luxury fleet of expedition ships: Silver Endeavour.

Designed to take curious travellers to the most remote regions of our planet in unparalleled style and personalised comfort, Silver Endeavour is one of the most luxurious expedition ships at sea.

Built to PC6 polar class specifications, she is the perfect vessel for exploring the last great wildernesses on Earth. State-of-the-art technology and exploration amenities will push the limits of immersive adventure, ensuring Silversea’s trademark levels of luxury, comfort and service.

Exquisite restaurants, signature bars and lounges, an indulgent spa, a two-storied solarium with pool and whirlpool, immersive observation areas, Zodiacs and more await you – together with opportunities to interact with fascinating polar experts onboard.

Silver Endeavour will enter service in November 2022, replacing Silver Explorer for the 2022/2023 Antarctica season – including the ship’s Antarctica Bridge sailings.

Guests booked on those voyages will receive a dedicated communication in the next few days.

As part of the ongoing RCL Cares program, Royal Caribbean Group will protect the deposits of guests who were originally booked on Crystal Endeavor and make a new booking on one of the Group's global brands – Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Silversea Cruises. To the extent the Crystal Endeavor guests do not receive their deposits back from Crystal or other sources, the Royal Caribbean Group will refund any amount paid on their new booking up to the amount of their lost deposits from Crystal. Complete terms of the offer will be provided on www.silversea.com soon.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard this beautiful addition to our fleet and are confident that your expedition aboard Silver Endeavour will provide you with enriching, authentic and unique experiences.

Kindest regards,

http://i.email.silversea.com/wpm/1035/ContentUploads/Images/MIA/RM_SIGNATURE_revised-final.jpg

Roberto Martinoli,
President and Chief Executive Officer

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

As part of the ongoing RCL Cares program, Royal Caribbean Group will protect the deposits of guests who were originally booked on Crystal Endeavor and make a new booking on one of the Group's global brands – Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Silversea Cruises. To the extent the Crystal Endeavor guests do not receive their deposits back from Crystal or other sources, the Royal Caribbean Group will refund any amount paid on their new booking up to the amount of their lost deposits from Crystal. Complete terms of the offer will be provided on www.silversea.com soon.

An excellent effort to get former Crystal customers

(but, only with regard to this particular ship) to move

to SS (or book RCL or X instead--but I don't see too

many former Crystal pax booking an RCL cruise).

Edited by taxatty

Found the answer to our collective question @highplanesdrifters

From the Silversea blog

Silver Endeavour will replace Silver Explorer for this winter’s Antarctic season, sailing all of its Antarctica cruises. Silver Explorer will resume operations for the upcoming 2023 Kimberley season as scheduled, subsequently sailing in the South Pacific before leaving the fleet in November 2023, when her charter agreement ends.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FauxNom said:

Silver Endeavour will replace Silver Explorer for this winter’s Antarctic season, sailing all of its Antarctica cruises. Silver Explorer will resume operations for the upcoming 2023 Kimberley season as scheduled, subsequently sailing in the South Pacific before leaving the fleet in November 2023

That's interesting, and a little odd perhaps? Is Explorer still cruising in the south Pacific this fall? And then will it sit idle somewhere during the Antarctica season, with many of the crew shifting from Explorer to Endeavour? Will Endeavour then sail to the South Pacific doing the existing Explorer cruises in March-May. And then what? Will the Endeavour go idle as the Explorer resumes operations in Australia? Will there be a new set of itineraries for Endeavour after Antarctica? More questions yet to be answered… 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Is Explorer still cruising in the south Pacific this fall? And then will it sit idle somewhere during the Antarctica season, with many of the crew shifting from Explorer to Endeavour?

It seems like they ought to add voyages in Australia for the Explorer, since those have been sellling well.  Who knows where Endeavor will go after its southern stint? I'm guessing the Arctic.

We are booked on the last Explorer voyage; Papeete to Valparaiso, Oct 27, 2023.

Was told today that this will be the Explorer's last voyage, the Endeavour will not take

the Explorer's place in the South Pacific, the Endeavor will be polar focused.

• Like 1

We received an email today that the Endeavour will be sailing the Explorer's 2022/2023 Antarctica Schedule, including the Bridge program. I wonder if the company is letting the Explorer "go" earlier than previously anticipated. We had booked three cruises over the last couple of years with the Explorer; obviously, all were understandably cancelled. Sigh. It was a ship I would have liked to have sailed on; maybe we will have to try Ponant once just for the chance :)!

Take care and happy travels, ALL!

Anne and Bob

2 hours ago, WesW said:

We are booked on the last Explorer voyage; Papeete to Valparaiso, Oct 27, 2023. Was told today that this will be the Explorer's last voyage, the Endeavour will not take the Explorer's place in the South Pacific, the Endeavor will be polar focused.

Glad to hear you're not losing your farewell voyage on the Explorer, Wes.

The "polar focus" will be interesting to see, since bth the Cloud and Wind are scheduled to be sailing Norway/Iceland/Greenland next summer. Are there enough people to fill a third ship in the same region? Or will they do extensive (and expensive) northwest passage trips? With the other ships' cruises already on sale for quite awhile, it's a little late to add a new ship and fill it with customers in less than a year. It will be interesting to see how quickly they announce Endeavor's spring/summer 2023 voyages. And equally interesting, how much more they will charge per day versus the Wind and Cloud. 😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FauxNom said:

From the Silversea blog

Silver Endeavour will replace Silver Explorer for this winter’s Antarctic season, sailing all of its Antarctica cruises. Silver Explorer will resume operations for the upcoming 2023 Kimberley season as scheduled, subsequently sailing in the South Pacific before leaving the fleet in November 2023, when her charter agreement ends.

Thanks FN, I figured it was too good to hope for.

Just watched a YouTube video of Endeavor from Crystal launch. Wowza what a ship! No wonder they went bankrupt.

• Like 2

I just booked the non-bridge 20-day Antartica cruise on the Silver Endeavor for Feb.12 next year, I have a few days to consider before making a deposit, but seems like a good deal from Silversea since they are currently offering these Antartica cruises for the prices of the old Silver Explorer itineraries as they still do not have the the Endeavor officially on their website but are already taking bookings with the Silver Explorer itineraries and prices 

Edited by gojirra

On 7/18/2022 at 11:03 AM, smoky angus said:

We received an email today that the Endeavour will be sailing the Explorer's 2022/2023 Antarctica Schedule, including the Bridge program. I wonder if the company is letting the Explorer "go" earlier than previously anticipated. We had booked three cruises over the last couple of years with the Explorer; obviously, all were understandably cancelled. Sigh. It was a ship I would have liked to have sailed on; maybe we will have to try Ponant once just for the chance :)!

Take care and happy travels, ALL!

Anne and Bob

Maybe consider the Endeavour for this coming season in Antarctica?  I sailed her last year in Iceland, and she was beautiful.  

On 7/18/2022 at 9:24 AM, FauxNom said:

From the Silversea blog

What about the Port Williams to Valparaiso leg (before the "South Pacific") -- will that be Explorer again, or still Endeavor?  Or does that count as "South Pacific"?

On 7/18/2022 at 10:59 PM, highplanesdrifters said:

@Stickman1990Thanks for posting that letter.  We are on Explorer in May 2023.  I wonder if they will replace the rest of Explorer trips with Endeavour.

My reply no longer relevant

Edited by Port Power
Delete

On 7/18/2022 at 11:30 PM, FauxNom said:

Video announcement

I also wonder if the ship will take over the continuation of the Explorer's schedule post-Antarctica. That would be pretty cool since I have a trip in Australia planned for next May.

I think our May cruise in Australia and the subsequent itineraries will continue as planned before Explorer moves to its new owners.  I can't see SS Endeavour taking over the Australian itineraries.  

Apologies.  I saw Faux Nom has already answered.

But SS Explorer might now be able to expand its Australian season.  Kimberley cruises are selling like hotcakes!

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 2