LIVE Carnival Ecstasy 6/20-6/25

MeganGC1983

On 6/23/2022 at 7:05 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

The Girl at the end of the Bar

F0F70A6E-F771-4AA6-A93D-03BCA5E8FF9B.jpeg

Dang that must be a strong drink- I would call it girl now on the floor!  In the waaay back machine isn’t that a large Kamikaze? Last time drank those Michael Jackson’s Thriller video premiered and end of my nite was not pretty in pink like this photo! Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

My husband got COVID sometime during our Quantum cruise last week. Travels every week for two years and then finally meets Miz Rona on vacay. I hope that isn’t in your cards!  

Oh no! Hope it’s a mild case. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Dang that must be a strong drink- I would call it girl now on the floor!  In the waaay back machine isn’t that a large Kamikaze? Last time drank those Michael Jackson’s Thriller video premiered and end of my nite was not pretty in pink like this photo! Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. 

Yes, it was good though. I didn’t think it was too strong. 

• Like 2

Final thoughts: 

The Ecstasy is showing her age, aren’t we all, 😆 but still has some great high points that we enjoyed.
The upsides: The Neon Bar (piano bar) and Orlando were wonderful. Really hope they do something with all of those neons before she goes to Turkey. Loved China Town and most of the art around the ship. Oh, and don’t forget the size of Punchliners. No one is standing in line there. The food, overall, in the MDR was great. 
The downsides: The Lido Deck with the stage in the middle really makes it awkward and shoves the Red Frog and Blue Iguana bars in the corners… no one puts tequila bars in the corner… pretty sure that’s what Patrick Swayze meant. The air flow is limited and makes them unbearable to sit at. Also, the elevators were smaller and. constantly. Stopping. Some of it was unruly children hitting all the buttons. Some was the adults hedging their bets between the 2 sides of the bay. People don’t like the smart elevators, but I don’t like stopping at every floor. Not my jam. Zero stars. Do not recommend. We really missed Seafood Shack as well. 
   I’m really glad we pulled it off and got to take the kids on a Fantasy class ship. Did I miss the lower capacity? Yes. Were there lines? Yes Crazy kids? Yes. Good service? Yes Did I miss Cheers!? Uhh YES! This definitely sealed the deal for cheers! on the upcoming fall break Dream cruise. 
  As always, thanks to all of you that followed along, contributed, and liked posts. Hope I answered all the questions; if not, give me a shout and I’ll try to fill ya in. 
  Think I’ll catch up on work, sell some fireworks, and do it all again with my Liberty frands before they go home from their contract. 
Thanks again. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 16

Thanks again for your review!

I need to find a job like you so I can cruise more often! I wouldn’t even mind logging in and checking an email or two…

who really needs healthcare workers anyhow?! 😂 thank you again and I cannot wait for your next one! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

How many cruises does this total up for you since the restart?  I was slightly stunned when I saw that I had 5 cruises under my belt since the restart.😱

This was 5 since the restart. With 6-8 scheduled later this year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This was 5 since the restart. With 6-8 scheduled later this year. 

Awesome!  I have another scheduled for Labor Day weekend and two scheduled for next year.  I'm slacking🤣must.book.more.cruises!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Awesome!  I have another scheduled for Labor Day weekend and two scheduled for next year.  I'm slacking🤣must.book.more.cruises!

2022 is about quantity, 2023 will be more about quality. Hoping for Alaska, southern itinerary, and maybe a Panama Canal. 

• Like 3

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

2022 is about quantity, 2023 will be more about quality. Hoping for Alaska, southern itinerary, and maybe a Panama Canal. 

That is on my bucket list.  Right now we are taking my DD who just graduated from college on a family trip to Amsterdam and Paris.  11 Days of Europe fun!!  Of course my other DD who will graduate in 2 years wants to go to Japan.  I've got to squeeeeeeze those cruise trips in there somewhere🤑!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

That is on my bucket list.  Right now we are taking my DD who just graduated from college on a family trip to Amsterdam and Paris.  11 Days of Europe fun!!  Of course my other DD who will graduate in 2 years wants to go to Japan.  I've got to squeeeeeeze those cruise trips in there somewhere🤑!

Sounds so fun! Some day we want to do an Australian cruise and the South Pacific. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 9:17 AM, Saint Greg said:

I have no first hand experience on that one. Someone posted it…I believe on my Glory thread. But it definitely is an a thing out of New Orleans. 

well, you know what they say about NOLA?

No One Likes Alabama (or Atlanta)

😁

Too many LSU and Saints fans

so, maybe Alabama fans feel like they have to prove something when in (or leaving out of ) NOLA

From an LSU and Saints fan..........

N

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BigNance said:

well, you know what they say about NOLA?

No One Likes Alabama (or Atlanta)

😁

Too many LSU and Saints fans

so, maybe Alabama fans feel like they have to prove something when in (or leaving out of ) NOLA

From an LSU and Saints fan..........

N

I don’t think people appreciate Alabama “fans” anywhere outside of Alabama really. South Alabama is Saints territory. The I-10 corridor all the way over to Pensacola actually. So don’t lump Saints and LSU together. The school I despise the most is actually LSU.  YouTube search LSU neck and you’ll see how disgusting they are.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, BigNance said:

Megan,

Really enjoyed your review!  Even without the Cheers package!!

Looking forward to your next one.

Our next cruise isn't until mid August..

N

Thank you! Just 10 days until the review will start. 😉

• Like 2

I always enjoy your reviews and appreciate that you take the time to bring us along. I loved seeing your kids having fun this time around. Stay safe and I look forward to catching up on your next adventure ❤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1