LIVE Carnival Ecstasy 6/20-6/25

MeganGC1983

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I have no first hand experience on that one. Someone posted it…I believe on my Glory thread. But it definitely is an a thing out of New Orleans. 

Might have to do with the first Mardi Gras rivalry.  Which parade came first New Orleans or Mobile?😄

Thank you for a great review, and safe travels to MeganGC and her family!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We bought in planner. If you buy on board, they keep it. That bottle of Bacardi was $85. 

Thanks, I know the bottle of Vodka was over $100, would hate to buy it if they end up allowing her to buy Cheers! Thanks for the review!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tradestock said:

Might have to do with the first Mardi Gras rivalry.  Which parade came first New Orleans or Mobile?😄

I doubt it has anything to do with that...But to answer your question it started in Mobile when Mobile was a part of Louisiana.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tradestock said:

• Legend has it that French explorer Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville first introduced Mardi Gras to the area in 1699, after he sailed into the Gulf of Mexico on March 6 (Fat Tuesday), and set up camp on the west bank of the Mississippi river about 60 miles south of New Orleans. He named the site Point du Mardi Gras, in honor of the holiday which had been celebrated in Paris since the Middle Ages.

• The true origins of Mardi Gras can be traced all the way back to ancient Greece and Rome, when early Christians with Pagan roots feasted and celebrated ahead of the somber days of Lent

• Like 5

Hey Soul Sistah, is that Mistah Mistah on the radio?

Thanks for another VR cruise with The Megan's.

As cool as it was to see the whole fam in action, can't wait to wee the mischief, manhem and merriment that comes next on OUR Liberty...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We bought in planner. If you buy on board, they keep it. That bottle of Bacardi was $85. 

You can order bottles from room service.  They just have to be 'consumed in the room.'  😉

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/~/24-hour-room-service  

Looking forward to the next review and the daily receipt countdown.  😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roscoe13 said:

Hey Soul Sistah, is that Mistah Mistah on the radio?

Thanks for another VR cruise with The Megan's.

As cool as it was to see the whole fam in action, can't wait to wee the mischief, manhem and merriment that comes next on OUR Liberty...

I’m really excited to see OUR Liberty crew. I felt like I was cheating on them on the Ecstasy. Jufri was nice, but Teodoro, Aris, I Nyoman, Hong, Alberto, he is not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I feel like every man on the lido has a cough while I eat. And a woman just sneezed. If I get sick for Liberty… (shaking fist) 

My husband got COVID sometime during our Quantum cruise last week. Travels every week for two years and then finally meets Miz Rona on vacay. I hope that isn’t in your cards!