Can I Make a 10:55am Flight from AMS

robin13

So, it seems that the only flight out of AMS to DFW non-stop is at 10:55am.  I will be getting off of a cruise at 7am (or I hope) on a Wednesday.  Do you think if I walk off the ship with my luggage that I can make that flight?  I really don't want to have to spend another day in Amsterdam as I need to get home.  Thoughts?

No way you can make this flight time....We'll be sailing out/in Amsterdam late July-early Aug. Lot's of discussions on how bad it's recently been getting through AMS...2-3 hours minimum. So glad we booked a 2:30pm flight AMS-LAX via SEA...no big deal with a connection.

10 hours ago, robin13 said:

So, it seems that the only flight out of AMS to DFW non-stop is at 10:55am.

You would be trying to navigate AMS at the worst time of the day for queues, as things currently stand.

There should be plenty of one-stop itineraries to DFW that have you arriving on the same day, although I suspect that most of these will have the aggravation of a connection at a US point rather than one in Europe.

I would absolutely urge you to choose a one-stop at a later departure time. Something like KLM/Delta via Atlanta/Minneapolis/Detroit, AA via Philadelphia, United via Houston/Chicago/DC, or BA via London. Possibly even Air France via Paris, Iberia via Madrid, or Air Canada via Toronto. Obviously, I am not sure the exact schedules of some of these, so they may be earlier than desired, but I was trying to show how many options there would be. 

I think I'm just going to stay an extra day in Amsterdam and then leave my hotel at 6am to get to the airport for the 10:55am flight.  I'm using AA miles so there isn't much to choose from.  Thank you all for the responses.  Last time I was in Amsterdam was in 1975 as a 17-year-old teenager.  Pretty sure things have changed (lol).

1 hour ago, robin13 said:

I think I'm just going to stay an extra day in Amsterdam and then leave my hotel at 6am to get to the airport for the 10:55am flight.  I'm using AA miles so there isn't much to choose from.  Thank you all for the responses.  Last time I was in Amsterdam was in 1975 as a 17-year-old teenager.  Pretty sure things have changed (lol).

Good choice....Yahoo just had an article warning of travel woes especially at AMS where it took many as long as 6 hours to get through and urging to take a carry on as well as checked bags. Lot's of luggage delays also...some not getting their luggage for a week...YIKES !!!

• Like 1