Veterans OBC

Oakman58

I was under the impression that the veterans benefit of OBC was automatically applied to your cruise.  I booked a cruise on the Diamond Princess a month ago and the OBC still doesn’t show up on my cruise summary.  And yes, my military status was verified and approved.  How long does it normally take for the OBC to show on the cruise summary?

• Like 2

Mine shows up as soon as I book. Also shows under circle savings account under OBC as a balance. And thank you for your service. Go to payments and credits, open booking balance,  Any OBC should be listed there.

Edited by Moondogy

Mine always shows up immediately, but just to make sure everything is on the up and up I mention it to my TA while booking just to make sure it gets applied.

You might want to go into the live chat and ask about it. I've always had good luck with the live chat and you don't have to wait for someone to get on the line when calling.

Thanks for your service.

We have been cruising since 2001 and my military OBC never shows up when I book a cruise.  I have called many numbers and tried talking to Jan's office in the past and have never been able to get it associated with my princess account.

Each time I make a reservation, even after telling everyone about the military OBC, it never shows up.  I simply call and tell whoever answers there normal line or email the customer service office to let them know that I need to have it included and within minutes it shows up.

Good Luck.

To verify your Military Benefits have at least been added to your PCL account, go to the following once you log into your account.

My Account -> Future Cruise Credits -> Onboard Credits 

You should see the following entry. If you don't, I would contact the folks who you submitted your DD 215 (or other official document to) to find out why it's not at least posted to your account.

Credit ID# Description Earned Expires Status Amount
xxxxxxxxx Military Benefits 10/11/13 Sail By 12/29/31 Active $50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

To verify your Military Benefits have at least been added to your PCL account, go to the following once you log into your account.

My Account -> Future Cruise Credits -> Onboard Credits 

You should see the following entry. If you don't, I would contact the folks who you submitted your DD 215 (or other official document to) to find out why it's not at least posted to your account.

Credit ID# Description Earned Expires Status Amount
xxxxxxxxx Military Benefits 10/11/13 Sail By 12/29/31 Active $50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)

US is DD-214....at least for Army. I thought it was a standard DD form for all US though.

• Like 2

You might have to resend your military information again. Last year there were some posts from veterans that they had to do this........I know we had to. I don't know if it was something with their system or if it was something they wanted you to do every 10 years. 

Thank you for your service! 

• Like 1

Thankfully I’ve automatically received it on every cruise since it was implemented over 10 years ago (2011?). I am very thankful for this token of their appreciation & sorry to learn that some are experiencing a snafu with receiving it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses.  I sent an email inquiry to Princess just now.  I don't cruise until January so there's plenty of time to get the OBC applied.  Although I haven't applied for it yet, hopefully I will get the shareholder credit too. 

36 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Pretty sure it is...DH was Navy and we used DD-214.

DD-214 for the Navy as well. I looked for my DD-214 over my full 4 years of service. Finally found it and returned home very happy. 

28 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just to set the record straight, I retired from the USAF in 1994 was issued the DD-214 as well. 😂

DH, who is also a Ken, retired in 1987.  Where in Alabama are you living?

6 hours ago, famski740 said:

We have been cruising since 2001 and my military OBC never shows up when I book a cruise.  I have called many numbers and tried talking to Jan's office in the past and have never been able to get it associated with my princess account.

Each time I make a reservation, even after telling everyone about the military OBC, it never shows up.  I simply call and tell whoever answers there normal line or email the customer service office to let them know that I need to have it included and within minutes it shows up.

Good Luck.

Did you ever follow the actual process, like submitting your DD214?

4 minutes ago, famski740 said:

I have submitted my DD214 along with the princess form about a half a dozen times.  Still cannot get it to show up in my account.

SNAFU ☺️

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bwana Tom said:

DD-214 for the Navy as well. I looked for my DD-214 over my full 4 years of service. Finally found it and returned home very happy. 

there is a website one can email and get a certified copy of your DD214......I'd link it if I could remember it 🤣

This happened to me on two cruises that I booked last February for next year.  I went to the personalizer to verify the details including OBC and noticed that my verteran's OBC was missing.  I had to call Princess to get it applied.  We take several cruises each year on Princess and have 4 scheduled for next year and it has never happened before.  However they quickly added it when I called.  I had applied for the veterans credit back when it was first introduced and have received a lot of OBC as a result.  

I called Princess this morning about the Veterans OBC not showing on my cruise and although I had to be on hold for a very long time, the credit has now been applied to my cruise.  I am truly thankful to Princess for offering this credit.

While I was on hold, I was beginning to think like this cartoon.

41D93BC9-A8CD-4B7E-B2F9-0B9CA4183E2B.thumb.png.13b6a6f8c02716d37813d22955a16f39.png

• Haha 2