Celebrity Silhouette Code Bravo Bravo Bravo

cachouonacruise

Hi Everyone,

Just relying on your experience. 

About an hour ago, while docked in Liverpool, An announcement was made on Celebrity Silhouette: Code Bravo, Bravo, Bravo.

A few minutes later, it was followed by : Staging areas decks 2, 5, and 6.

I spoke to an officer on deck 14 and she assured me that everything was under control.

Anyone experienced something similar?

New development: We just received a new announcement: " All mobile and back-up groups return to base. "

This message sounds reassuring.

The captain just announced we had a slightly overheated engine and that everything is fine. 

We are told that safety squads were called out, out of an abondance of caution...  

5 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

This happens quite often. It is a crew drill.

As it turned out, I don't believe it was. But the situation is now resolved. I just hope it won't have an impact on engine performance. 

Thanks for your prompt reply and support.

Alpha code = medical emergency

Bravo code = danger to the ship (such as fire)

Oscar code = person overboard reported

Safe Haven code = "pirate" drill (for the Suez canal / coast of North Africa area - usually)

If it's a drill, there is usually a earlier announcement for the passengers, even if the ship is docked at port and most passengers will be off ship.  I've seen passengers "miss" the pre-announcement and head to their muster stations (with life vests in hand) 😄 during crew drills!  However I have also been on a repositioning half way between the west coast and Hawaii and had a real Bravo code (during a trivia session!) ... which was a bit freaky, as I knew what it meant and the people around me didn't!  Cruise staff stayed very calm and didn't give away a thing, just quietly made sure all the doors to the area were closed (to act as fire doors!) ... apparently the onboard waste incinerator backed up a little and overheated.  Captain made the announcement later on after the danger had been dealt with.  

Edited by westcoasttech
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Should you be leaving shortly? A delay may indicate they want to do further checks…Personally I don’t think there can be an ‘abundance of caution’…Hope you have had a lovely day in Liverpool!

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Should you be leaving shortly? A delay may indicate they want to do further checks…Personally I don’t think there can be an ‘abundance of caution’…Hope you have had a lovely day in Liverpool!

We really had a lovely day in Liverpool, including the benefit of great weather.

However, the ship is now preparing for rough seas, including heavy rain, during the crossing to Iceland.

Furthermore, our itinerary is changed. Our call into Akureyri is cancelled, and replaced by an extra night in Reykjavik.

Concerned over the combined impact of an overheated engine, rough seas and itinerary changed, I approached the manager of Guest Relations. He assured me that our engine status is fine; if it was not, we would stay in Liverpool.

So, I hope that he is not hiding any information. Fingers crossed for a crossing that promises to involve some challenges for the crew.

• Like 1

we had a serious bravo bravo bravo  situation on the solstice in 2012 Venice. A rogue wind hit the side of the ship while docked so hard it broke the mooring posts out of the pier, gangplank went into the water and almost took 2 women. We had just reboarded and all the power went out. Cruisers on the pier were sent into a building. Ship was drifting towards another ship. Captain was rushed back on a police boat. Tugs were rushing to block the ship. After a while the captain announced " we have now regained control of our ship"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

They take the care of life and limb, (passengers and crew), and the safety of their ship at all times as job #1

That's what I was told, and so far, in my cruise experience, the organizational Safety Culture of Celebrity is one of my reasons for choosing this cruise line.