Difference between NCL and RCL.

yoolykeme

3 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Is it always possible to switch from fixed to MTD onboard? Can they say no if too many want MTD? Do you know?

I have switched to MTD a couple of times with no problem and have never heard of someone being unable to switch— but I have heard of people being unable to to switch from MTD to fixed dining once on board.

4 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Is it always possible to switch from fixed to MTD onboard? Can they say no if too many want MTD? Do you know?

As I posted previously, we tried to switch to MTD on three cruises. We were successful only once. They can, and do say “no.” YMMV

4 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

As I posted previously, we tried to switch to MTD on three cruises. We were successful only once. They can, and do say “no.” YMMV

So sometimes it's not possible to do it and then it's best to do it as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I really don't understand why anyone would disagree. If there are no guarantees that it can be done on the ship, why not do it as soon as possible? 

While that might seem like an obvious answer, there are a couple posts on this thread that have the rest of us scratching our heads. 

I thought it was possible to select and/or change one's dining time preference in the online account section. It's been too long since our Royal cruise and I really don't remember. I do remember that when I booked the option was available.

The dining deal for us, is we like the set times.  We leave the ship during the day and maximize the day doing that.  Prefer to have a time and walk in and not have to deal with lines, reservations etc.  My only issue is kind of with the times,  most of the assigned times is like 6 or 8 and 6 is to early.  Which they would have have a 5 and 7 or 530 and 730