Covid Testing

eabplus2

Hello. There are a group of us going on the Allure on July 9th. Our friends are coming in on Amtrack which leaves NY on the 6th. Where can they get a Covid test near Port Everglades? Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, eabplus2 said:

Hello. There are a group of us going on the Allure on July 9th. Our friends are coming in on Amtrack which leaves NY on the 6th. Where can they get a Covid test near Port Everglades? Thanks in advance

Do a search for either CVS or Walgreens in that area, should be able to find one that does the tests.

33 minutes ago, eabplus2 said:

Lab Doctor.. $49 just walk in. Less than a mile from the port, near 17th street. Open Saturdays 

VISIT OUR FACILITY

Or see if Walgreens on 17th st causeway, right down the road from cruise terminal is offering rapid naat test.  The only problem is they must use the drive thru via car, no walk up to window.

Proctored test or the lab doctor are probably best choices. 

Yes they will have no car and there will be 6 of them. We are flying down on the 8th so I can schedule our tests on the 7th at a local Walgreens. Does Lab Doctor do the NAAT test? Do they get results right away?

33 minutes ago, eabplus2 said:

Yes they will have no car and there will be 6 of them. We are flying down on the 8th so I can schedule our tests on the 7th at a local Walgreens. Does Lab Doctor do the NAAT test? Do they get results right away?

$49 for antigen test with results in 15 minutes if you wait, Pcr is $99 and takes 1 - 2 hours for results.  Antigen is the best way to go. Pcr picks up covid that antigen may miss.  Lab Doctors is half way between the train station and the port. Uber to lab doctors and then Uber again to the port. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The Wi-Fi on the train is probably good enough for a proctored test on board. 

No it's not.  It cuts in and out a lot.  We've taken the Auto Train VA to FL and back 8 times and the Amtrak NE corridor to NY many times.  Internet is not stable.  Between DC and NY, there are tunnels and holes and between DC and FL, there are holes and I would never count on the wifi onboard.  

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BND said:

Not on the train.  Not stable enough and not always working.

Then my better advise was at their hotel. We just did proctored eMed test at our hotel and printed them out couldn't have been easier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 9:48 PM, Ashland said:

Then my better advise was at their hotel. We just did proctored eMed test at our hotel and printed them out couldn't have been easier.

How did you print them out?  Our hotel does not have a business center from what I can find.

36 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

How did you print them out?  Our hotel does not have a business center from what I can find.

No business center ?...I don't believe we've ever stayed in a hotel that didn't....Then ask at the front desk or at least where you might find one to use. Best of luck !!