Ezair...Can you mix and match 2 different one way tickets?

The Collie

Hi @The Collie, sometime you will need to call EZAir if they can book you on a flight you do not see. Actually most times I have checked EZAir, they show 2 different carriers when booking a roundtrip itinerary. Example for my trip for LA to Vancouver. Many options included outbound on American and return on United or Air Canada. There is no rule on EZAir you have to fly in your return carrier the same as your outbound. It depends on what flights EZAir is able to get at their preferred rates. Not all available flights are available to be booked by EZAir.

As a side note, you cannot book 2 one way flights on EZAir. You might get 2 one way flights on different carriers when you book a roundtrip booking. If you book a one way either outbound or return on EZAir, you are locked and EZAir assumes you are making other arrangements for the other flight and you can not decide to add another one way booking. If you want to use EZAir, decide if it works for roundtrip offerings or only one way before you book, once booked you can only change if before 45 days before flight of cruise whichever date is earlier IF you book ‘flexible’ fare, but then you are subject to current fares.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wallyj said:

If you book a one way either outbound or return on EZAir, you are locked and EZAir assumes you are making other arrangements for the other flight and you can not decide to add another one way booking.

that's what i needed to know. thank you. 

18 minutes ago, The Collie said:

It seems on a roundtrip that if you start with Alaska Air, you must then fly back with Alaska Air. I want to fly on AA but fly home on southwest. Does the system allow you to do it as 2 separate one way flights?

Southwest does not have ticketing agreements with other carriers.

You could use EZ Air going and just buy your ticket on the return directly with Southwest.

You don’t see them as an option on EZAIR, do you?

2 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I would doubt very much that you could ever use EZ air to book a Southwest ticket

Southwest books on its own web site exclusively

Yes, I was surprised when checking EZAir for flights to SEA from LA and they listed some Southwest flights, but I am sure they have very limited Southwest offerings.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

You could use EZ Air going and just buy your ticket on the return directly with Southwest.

I saw your response. 

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

southwest is on ez air however it won't allow (from what i can see) for me to go from burbank to seattle on aa, and then return through southwest.

2 minutes ago, The Collie said:

because both tickets are cheaper on ez air than if i book elsewhere

It could be because Southwest does not have a ticketing agreement with any carrier, which means they have to be on a separate ticket.  Also, be careful because their fares are not flexible fares on EZAir if you are seeing them. They would be restricted fares.  You might call EXAir to see if they could do it.  They are swamped with all the flight cancellations though.  If you’re traveling soon, they may be able to help.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Collie said:

because both tickets are cheaper on ez air than if i book elsewhere

Call EZAir to see if they can manually book these 2 for you as a roundtrip itinerary. Sometimes they have restrictions on combinability which is why they are not showing as an option as a roundtrip itinerary.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Call EZAir to see if they can manually book these 2 for you as a roundtrip itinerary. Sometimes they have restrictions on combinability which is why they are not showing as an option as a roundtrip itinerary.

Okay I had a long hold (why I came on here to ask) and the employee said that I can just call and have them book it as 2 different reservations so apparently while people booking may get blocked (I don't know if I will be as my cruise is on hold) if I call per the rep they can just book for me doing the first flight on Alaska and then returning through Southwest.

41 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Also, be careful because their fares are not flexible fares on EZAir if you are seeing them. They would be restricted fares.

When I have seen Southwest in EZAir, it is almost always Restricted.  So if you book, say, an outbound Flexible flight on American, for the return you probably wouldn't see Southwest listed as EZAir will only pull up carriers with Flexible options.

image.png.0681a6f2d7de3f67bf20eb2d3521a1a6.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Collie said:

Okay I had a long hold (why I came on here to ask) and the employee said that I can just call and have them book it as 2 different reservations so apparently while people booking may get blocked (I don't know if I will be as my cruise is on hold) if I call per the rep they can just book for me doing the first flight on Alaska and then returning through Southwest.

Just remember fares can change in a blink of an eye, so now your flights are your best choice, but the fare may change by the time you actually book since your cruise is only on hold and not ‘booked’.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Just remember fares can change in a blink of an eye, so now your flights are your best choice, but the fare may change by the time you actually book since your cruise is only on hold and not ‘booked’.

Already happened 😞 Last night one way was $32 cheaper. My fault for booking last minute. 

25 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

When I have seen Southwest in EZAir, it is almost always Restricted.  So if you book, say, an outbound Flexible flight on American, for the return you probably wouldn't see Southwest listed as EZAir will only pull up carriers with Flexible options.

image.png.0681a6f2d7de3f67bf20eb2d3521a1a6.png

yup all the sw flights are restricted that i saw

1 hour ago, The Collie said:

It seems on a roundtrip that if you start with Alaska Air, you must then fly back with Alaska Air. I want to fly on AA but fly home on southwest. Does the system allow you to do it as 2 separate one way flights?

Yes. Short and simple. Flying Southwest to SeaTac next Sunday. But often / usually flying 1 carrier out and another back. That's the beauty of EZAIR.  Book whatever works best. Just so happens that it's SW next week

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@The Collie, hope you are not considering the Crown Princess as there are quite a few  posts regarding her changed/greatly reduced itinerary where you will NOT be getting much Alaska port time.

Initially that's what I was going to do until people on here said to run! I really wanted Icy Point since I've never been there. Been to Ketchikan. Decided to do Discovery even though it does go to Ketchikan.

1 hour ago, The Collie said:

Initially that's what I was going to do until people on here said to run! I really wanted Icy Point since I've never been there. Been to Ketchikan. Decided to do Discovery even though it does go to Ketchikan.

That's smart. The ship has been skipping Icy Strait Point even though it's still listed as a stop on the upcoming cruises. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

That's smart. The ship has been skipping Icy Strait Point even though it's still listed as a stop on the upcoming cruises. 

Was wanting to do the one on 6/25 but I figured that the repairs wouldn't happen in time to go to Icy! The other alternative was going with Carnival since they go to sitka (I've never been there either), but the balconies are extremely expensive as are the few remaining outside cabins. Was offered a really cheap rate to get an inside cabin but honestly, I do need a window. I need natural light even if it's an obstructed view. The deal with Princess was really good considering they had a very low single supplement and I figure I won't see that again when I want it. 

• Like 1