Could a CDC change to pre-cruise testing requirements be coming soon?

On 7/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, SargassoPirate said:

I'm not worried about cruising, flying, eating a restaurant, attending a movie, attending a concert, or any other life activity. I'm vaxxed and boosted.  Sure, there are a few people who are vaccinated and who still get covid, but the illness are milder - which is what the vaccine is supposed to do - and therapeutics are available.  

Consider this information from the CDC and see who is causing the spikes from the variants. 

CDC COVID Data Tracker: Rates of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths by Vaccination Status

Yes, friends got it who are boosted. He was mainly sick one day. He said it felt like the flu that one day, then it was like a mild cold. She was sicker, it was about a week for her, but neither ended up in the hospital and she has Lupus, which is probably why it was worst for her but who knows if she had not been boosted. They are in their early 50's.  My niece, 24, had a baby in March and very nearly died because of COVID.  She spent a month in ICU while my sister took care of her newborn for her with fears, she may be raising that baby. My niece was not vaccinated.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:14 AM, Hlitner said:

The problem for cruisers is that even if you get a very mild or asymptomatic case of COVID (and it is detected) you will likely be quarantined for a week!  That is a bummer when on any vacation.

Hank

It is what it is. However, my niece almost died who got COVID while pregnant. If that prevents me from giving it to a pregnant woman, I am fine with it. I am willing to take the chance. I had to cancel 3 cruises the last 2 years, I am glad I am getting to do this one.

40 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

A prophet is often reviled in his time.

• Haha 1