No more automated assistant?!

I used to call Royal's automated assistant to get cruise confirmations, but lately when I try, I'm asked for my agency number. When I say "I don't have one" I'm routed to a live agent who first has to try to upsell. I always thought it was strange that Royal doesn't send a confirmation after booking anyway.

Anyone have any better luck with the automated assistant?

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Has not worked in almost a year now.

But I've been using it all along up until about a month ago, by calling directly at 888-307-8413.

Just another reason why Royal has the worst user experience of all the cruise lines I've booked with.

40 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

But I've been using it all along up until about a month ago, by calling directly at 888-307-8413.

Just another reason why Royal has the worst user experience of all the cruise lines I've booked with.

That is a different number than the one that has been published previously:

RCL Automated Invoice #:

866-562-7625, press #4.

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That is a different number than the one that has been published previously:

RCL Automated Invoice #:

866-562-7625, press #4.

That one is broken too. "For security purposes please say or enter your Agency number." 🤬

Thanks anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

I used to call Royal's automated assistant to get cruise confirmations, but lately when I try, I'm asked for my agency number. When I say "I don't have one" I'm routed to a live agent who first has to try to upsell. I always thought it was strange that Royal doesn't send a confirmation after booking anyway.

Anyone have any better luck with the automated assistant?

Are you looking for an invoice for a booked cruise.  If so, you should have received invoice/ confirmation automatically.  Many times, I get more than 1.  Call Customer Service.  By the way I've called CS and other departments many times over and never got a sales pitch.

Ps.  If you know your booking number you can get information on Royal's website.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Are you looking for an invoice for a booked cruise.  If so, you should have received invoice/ confirmation automatically.  Many times, I get more than 1.  Call Customer Service.  By the way I've called CS and other departments many times over and never got a sales pitch.

Ps.  If you know your booking number you can get information on Royal's website.

Nope, I never automatically get an invoice. That would be ideal...just like NCL and Carnival!

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Are you looking for an invoice for a booked cruise.  If so, you should have received invoice/ confirmation automatically.

That process was also broken for months, but recently I have received booking invoices via email every time I make a payment on a cruise - so maybe they fixed that one.

I've never NOT gotten an invoice immediately. Most of the time they tell me exactly when it is sent. A few times I've asked for one.....will NEVER get off the phone until I get one. I check over everything!!! Did a price change a few weeks ago and when I looked at the invoice noticed my cabin had been changed. Might not have caught that until we boarded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packedandready said:

I've never NOT gotten an invoice immediately. Most of the time they tell me exactly when it is sent. A few times I've asked for one.....will NEVER get off the phone until I get one. I check over everything!!! Did a price change a few weeks ago and when I looked at the invoice noticed my cabin had been changed. Might not have caught that until we boarded. 

Gone are the days where we can blindly trust their system. When I first started out cruising with Royal, I didn't have to worry about anything going wrong with the reservation, but now they've changed everything left and right. I got panicked and check my reservations at least once a week after reading that they change people's stateroom or cancel reservations without notice. It just like they're playing the game You snooze, you lose with us.

If I book directly by calling RCI, yes I get an invoice.  If I book online and pay a deposit, I have to call for the invoice, and yes, the auto-line has been broken for some time.

Same issue with Celebrity.

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

If you know your booking number you can get information on Royal's website.

The guest invoice is the only semi-reliable accounting of your cruise cost. The "pricing details" on the website can have numbers that just make no sense (see below and note it doesn't add up).

My cruise cost has changed four times over the last couple months and never once did I get any notice or guest invoice sent without calling and asking for one.

20220318 Price Details.JPG

Edited by publicpersona

12 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

If I book directly by calling RCI, yes I get an invoice.  If I book online and pay a deposit, I have to call for the invoice, and yes, the auto-line has been broken for some time.

Same issue with Celebrity.

This has also been our experience. 

Lately seems the only way to get to the "OLD" dial-a-digits to get a confirmation is call during business hours and hope the auto attendant rolls you over to it. I also got to it by pressing 5 at some point to "plan a new cruise" IIRC and THEN could do the 4-2-1 to get a confirmation.