Celebrity Summit Boarding Time - Cape Liberty - Bermuda

MSR74

Hello all. I thought I posted this question but I don't think I did since it isn't in my history.

I am cruising on Celebrity Summit out of Cape Liberty on July 24th to Bermuda. From experience, does anyone know a roundabout time of when we can expect to board and what time the terminal (Cape Liberty) opens for check-in? The cruise line couldn't really give me a specific answer. I know that the terminals generally open early in FLL and MIA and in my experience, boarding has begun at roughly 11am, but I haven't sailed out of Cape Liberty.

Thank you for any info.

Have you done check-in for your cruise yet, it normally opens up about 45 days from sailing.  Doing check in on the app is pretty fast and easy.

We have only sailed from FL since the restart but when we did check-in we had a choice of boarding times to select from.

Boarding, at least in FL, is done by time slot, so if your time is 12:30 and you show up at 11 you will be waiting until the folks who are scheduled for 11, 11:30 and 12 have been boarded.  It is a much smoother process, no large crowds and long lines.  
Once on the ship you go directly to your cabin where you sea pass cards will be in a envelop by the door.  You can drop off any carryon luggage and go have lunch

Your cabin will not be ready for occupancy until 1-1 30 but al least you won’t encounter all the backpacks & rolling suitcases in the Oceanview

I sailed on 5/23. My boarding time was 11am. I wasn't sure how traffic would be, so the car picked my group up in Manhattan at 10am.  We had no traffic at all and arrived around 10:25am. There were already people inside waiting to board, probably 100 or so. We checked in and sat down for 10 minutes, then they let us on the ship. It was smooth and pleasant!

On 6/19/2022 at 2:18 PM, BarbaraB2 said:

What determines the time you get? Is it first come or cabin category? What is the latest for a Bermuda cruise?

First come.    You select the boarding time during On-Line Checkin.    If you want an early time checkin first day it opens at 45 days before the cruise.

Suites and Zenith can check-In and board at anytime regardless of check-in time on boarding pass.

We had noon checkin. Drove to port. Was there about 11:30. It was quiet. Sat on bench waiting for noon. We were asked if we would like to checkin. Nobody seemed to care about appointment times.  Appointment times are a good way to stagger the crowding that can happen.  We checked in very quickly. Had printed copies of Covid test results, Bermuda travel authorization, boarding passes. Also had passports and vax cards in hand. All 5 got checked quickly. We were on the ship by noon.  People who didn’t print out forms were on phones locating all the info. Print out forms will expedite the process. Dropped bags in cabin, picked up sea passes, watched safety video, checked into muster station (sea pass or boarding passes scanned), and then to lunch. Concierge lunch in MDR was good.