Never again!!

glm77777

Last year on our Regal TA they cancelled Bermuda because of a covid outbreak, cool keep us safe.

Except instead of adding a sea day in the mix they had us stay overnight in Cherbourg. What that did was push us back a day and we ended up in Vigo Spain on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Do you know what's open in a small Spanish Catholic town on a Sunday? Nothing, it was a completely wasted stop.

On top of that the fancy new internet system didn't work at all. So we ended up with six straight sea days without any internet.

I get that stuff happens but after I sent a letter to Princess about the situation I got zero response.

Now we are sailing on a crippled ship first week of August and when I enquire with Princes planner I get everything is OK, it will be fixed. Total Barbra Streisand. 

Honestly as long as I get to GB and my helicopter ride in Skagway I'll be fine. But I think about my first Alaska cruise 20 years ago and if this situation had occurred I would feel totally screwed. I feel sorry for the families who are taking this trip and getting an absolute bate-n-switch.

It seams to me that Princess corporate absolutely doesn't give a you know what about their customers anymore. This may be my last cruise on Princess. 

25 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

I get that stuff happens but after I sent a letter to Princess about the situation I got zero response.

That appears to be routine this year…apparently too many letters about issues resulting in their overwhelmed staff being unable to respond. Before this year any issues were quickly addressed but not now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scott4020 said:

Last year on our Regal TA they cancelled Bermuda because of a covid outbreak, cool keep us safe.

Except instead of adding a sea day in the mix they had us stay overnight in Cherbourg. What that did was push us back a day and we ended up in Vigo Spain on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Do you know what's open in a small Spanish Catholic town on a Sunday? Nothing, it was a completely wasted stop.

On top of that the fancy new internet system didn't work at all. So we ended up with six straight sea days without any internet.

Now we are sailing on a crippled ship first week of August and when I enquire with Princes planner I get everything is OK, it will be fixed. Total Barbra Streisand. 

Honestly as long as I get to GB and my helicopter ride in Skagway I'll be fine. But I think about my first Alaska cruise 20 years ago and if this situation had occurred I would feel totally screwed. I feel sorry for the families who are taking this trip and getting an absolute bate-n-switch.

It seams to me that Princess corporate absolutely doesn't give a you know what about their customers anymore. This may be my last cruise on Princess. 

If you booked before May 31/22 you may be able to cancel for a FCC or switch ships.

cripple ship= Crown- I would do something about this.

4 minutes ago, dog said:

If you booked before May 31/22 you may be able to cancel for a FCC or switch ships.

cripple ship= Crown- I would do something about this.

No like I said I really want to see Glacier Bay. Missing ports I have already been too doesn't matter to me.  

18 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

No like I said I really want to see Glacier Bay. Missing ports I have already been too doesn't matter to me.  

Good luck. Hope you get your wish.

Pretty much are feelings after we exited the Regal after 2 weeks this spring. No solarium pools, balconies reverting back to the size of the Ocean Princess of the 90s, virtual no promenade, and bench seating at most of the tables sealed the deal for us. Sorta sad as Princess used to be our favorite line but HAL and Celebrity have replaced them. The atrium area on the Royal Class is amazing but we do not go on cruises to sit inside the cruise ship. 🧐

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Expo67 said:

Pretty much are feelings after we exited the Regal after 2 weeks this spring. No solarium pools, balconies reverting back to the size of the Ocean Princess of the 90s, virtual no promenade, and bench seating at most of the tables sealed the deal for us. Sorta sad as Princess used to be our favorite line but HAL and Celebrity have replaced them. The atrium area on the Royal Class is amazing but we do not go on cruises to sit inside the cruise ship. 🧐

Where was the beach seating? I remember some seating in the dinning room like that.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Where was the beach seating? I remember some seating in the dinning room like that.  

In the dining rooms they had quite a bit of bench seating. Perhaps it is just me but tables and chairs are much more suitable imo for dining. The benches are uncomfortable (especially for shorter people or those slight larger than average) and difficult to get in and out of and make it seem like we are dining in a diner rather than a dining room. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Expo67 said:

In the dining rooms they had quite a bit of bench seating. Perhaps it is just me but tables and chairs are much more suitable imo for dining. The benches are uncomfortable (especially for shorter people or those slight larger than average) and difficult to get in and out of and make it seem like we are dining in a diner rather than a dining room. 

I remember some of them.  I would not sit on them because for me they uncomfortable for my back.

14 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Some of the 2 tops are set up along benches with one person on the bench the other in a chair on the other side of the table. Common in earlier Princess ships as well

Just now, ldtr said:

Some of the 2 tops are set up along benches with one person on the bench the other in a chair on the other side of the table. Common in earlier Princess ships as well

That is right.  My DH would take the bench seat.  I would use the chair.

Only reason I don't like bench seating is because we like the round table, shared seating.   If we sailed as one big group it might be different, but when it's just the two of us we need to meet more passengers on the ship.  

Dining at a 2 top is what we've been doing for years now & it provides a somewhat private dining experience if you know which table to request.

People alongside can be ignored if you don't want to have that cruising type of conversation. They quickly get the message when you only briefly respond to their comments.