Carnival Cruise Line to Bring Costa Venezia to the U.S. In 2023, Costa Firenze in 2024

2 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Thanks, very interesting and somewhat disappointing if true because the Costa by Carnival was supposed to be a unique hybrid experience.

Will have to see how the official details compare once released.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Costa-by-Carnival-new-ships-dose-dolce-vita

Both of the Costa ships area bout the same length 1060+ feet but hold 100s more cruisers than Royals Navigator and the sister ships also. They are close to the same length. These are newer ships as stated before. Firenze 2020 and the Venezia 2019

On 7/14/2022 at 12:32 PM, KmomChicago said:

Thank you for sharing. 

Based on this - I think there is an overload of PR on Costa by Carnival and making due with what they have. Costa has too much capacity given current market trend. Carnival offloaded a lot of tonnage so transferring ships makes sense. However, they clearly do not have the liquidity to fully rebrand the ships to Carnival and are meeting halfway. This is the same case as Luminosa. I think what we will see are the ships named Carnival Venezia and Carnival Firenze and nothing more than Italian-themed ships to avoid retrofitting. Meals, entertainment, crew, etc will all be Carnival. Public spaces remain Italian - Essentially a Las Vegas’ Venetian Hotel at sea.  

I’m not buying the whole ‘Costa by Carnival’ ploy anymore …