Good Spirits at Sea up to date menu price?

ScratchTheRat

I’m already booked and have the drinks package included thanks to my Travel Agent. We did Princess Plus last year and this bar was included but with the addition of the Premier package which we definitely don’t need, I was wondering if the pricing of the drinks would be different.

can you confirm the cost of the drinks at Good Spirits? Are they $12 or under and still on the plus package?

I just got off the Ruby, and all drinks were at $12 or less.....but it sounds (according to bar tender, so take that as you will) the prices of these drinks will be going up.   It's "ok" if they go up $1-2 because I'd just pay the difference.  If they go up to $18, then I'll just go bar hopping everywhere else like I used to 🙂

6 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I just got off the Ruby, and all drinks were at $12 or less.....but it sounds (according to bar tender, so take that as you will) the prices of these drinks will be going up.   It's "ok" if they go up $1-2 because I'd just pay the difference.  If they go up to $18, then I'll just go bar hopping everywhere else like I used to 🙂

Good spirits at sea is where we do all our drinking so hope it’s still included 😞

8 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

Unless they end up changing the "just pay the difference" option and it will now become pay the full price, which is what I'm betting on happening.

I can get a fifth of single malt scotch for $45 and at 15 'shots' - that's about $3 per shot - if that scotch is still included in PLUS - it's all good

A $12 'bottle' of wine should pour about 5 'Princess' glasses ( not mine ) - OK, I'm still good with drinking a $12 cab ...

7 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Unless they end up changing the "just pay the difference" option and it will now become pay the full price, which is what I'm betting on happening.

Paying just the difference in price is still listed under the terms and conditions: "Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price."

• Like 1

Good Spirits drinks this week are still $12 on the Caribbean Princess.  Last night QR codes starting updating with price increases for wine (although they don't appear to be charging those prices yet - it seems to be getting ready for Saturday).  Unfortunately, the Good Spirits menu actually doesn't list the price so the QR code still points to the old menu (which includes a lot of drinks they haven't offered in many months).  I'll try to see what I can find out.

15 hours ago, tonit964 said:

The terms and conditions for both drink packages clearly state that you still just pay the difference.  If they were going to change that, the time to do it would have been with the introduction of the new drink package.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, prmssk said:

Good Spirits drinks this week are still $12 on the Caribbean Princess.  Last night QR codes starting updating with price increases for wine (although they don't appear to be charging those prices yet - it seems to be getting ready for Saturday).  Unfortunately, the Good Spirits menu actually doesn't list the price so the QR code still points to the old menu (which includes a lot of drinks they haven't offered in many months).  I'll try to see what I can find out.

The terms and conditions for both drink packages clearly state that you still just pay the difference.  If they were going to change that, the time to do it would have been with the introduction of the new drink package.

Thanks so much! It's our favourite bar!

I can’t get a real answer out of the servers at Good Spirits about any price changes. I think we will have to wait until Saturday to find out what happens. On the Emerald in February, this was my favorite bar. I loved so many of them, the Cartagena Cool, Bangkok Mule, Vanilla Sky, etc.  Now on the Caribbean Princess I’m not all that impressed. 

10 hours ago, candydane said:

Why is it your favorite?  We haven’t been on a ship with that bar yet so just curious what will make it special.

I like drinks that are a bit unique and have a flavour to them.

I don't drink beer and I'm bored of the normal cocktails, your woo-woo, your manhattan, your martini etc. Good Spirits at Sea have unique cocktails designed specifically for this bar and each is made by an expert mixologist and they make it a show as well showing you how they make it and how it was designed. 

At the end you get a collectable card to take home showing you how to make it yourself.

• Like 1

On the Caribbean Princess I was told they didn’t go up but considering the mess of the transition to the new package and prices I don’t necessarily trust the answer I got. I wasn’t charged extra but there were other drinks last week that I thought I would be but wasn’t. Maybe someone this week will (or next) will have a clearer answer. 

• 1 year later...