Footware in Luminae.

chromered7

On 6/24/2022 at 2:05 PM, Daneenm said:

OK, I am sure this is a hot button, but really asking so I don't cause an issue.  I have sparkly flip flops that I generally wear out to dinner or whatever in the summer.  Will these be OK?  When coming in after an active day in walking shoes, these are a nice break.  I can and will follow the rules and buy specific shoes if these are not acceptable.  Just wondering about other people's experience.

just fine. I think the issue is only rubber flip flops. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Chic nights only applies to the MDR. You can dress up if you wish. 

The dress code in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants is Smart Casual for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your “Evening Chic nights.”

oh for crying out loud....  don't make a simple question about sport shoes at dinner into a chic vs non-chic  venue thread. Been discussed hundreds of times and the same people respond the same way....every single time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

oh for crying out loud....  don't make a simple question about sport shoes at dinner into a chic vs non-chic  venue thread. Been discussed hundreds of times and the same people respond the same way....every single time.

Here is the FAQ's from Celebrity's website.  Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The published suggested dress policy is very clear and simple to understand. At least we believe it is. The policy has nothing to do with whether someone is an experience Celebrity cruiser or not. Others opinions (stink eye) doesn't matter.  If the staff at the entrance to the MDR says nothing then so be it.  The staff shouldn't have to play fashion police, but...

I get myself in enough trouble not acknowledging what my wife is wearing and what we are wearing is colored coordinated (according to her) for that evening. What others wear (feet, head, body), is way above my job description and paygrade. Now where is the Sommelier. 🍷

• Like 4

On 6/24/2022 at 1:05 PM, Daneenm said:

OK, I am sure this is a hot button, but really asking so I don't cause an issue.  I have sparkly flip flops that I generally wear out to dinner or whatever in the summer.  Will these be OK?  When coming in after an active day in walking shoes, these are a nice break.  I can and will follow the rules and buy specific shoes if these are not acceptable.  Just wondering about other people's experience.

I would think you are fine. What they really are concerned with is poolwear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, emmas gran said:

It seems that some people think they have more knowledge than experienced Celebrity cruisers and will argue the point all the time.

Has nothing to do with experience. It's written by the service provider in plain english. Either you observe it, or you don't. period.  Whether you do or not is always a hot topic hear. I have no idea why.  Why people have the need/desire to circumvent it is a mystery to me...same people who insist Celebrity honor everything else to the letter, and beyond...as long as it suits them.

All of these shoes are described as flip flops. I doubt any female wearing a pair of these or similar shoes would be turned away. The cheap rubber shoes with the toe thong from the dollar store are also flip flops. Personally, I believe it is the latter that are not allowed. Your opinion may differ.

COACH Women's Franki Platform Flip-Flop Sandals & Reviews - Sandals - Shoes  - Macy's    Naturalizer Women's Liliana Embellished Flip Flop Sandal, Sandals | Famous  Footwear  Clarks Women's Eliza Shore Flip Flop Sandal, Sandals | Famous FootwearBest Flip Flops in 2021

image.jpeg

Edited by MarKay525

It's very interesting how times have changed.  A number of years ago my then teen-age son was not allowed into the theater on "formal" night because he had a pair of athletic shoes on.  True story.  He had dressed in a sport coat, etc., for dinner but then changed into a collared shirt, khakis and athletic shoes.  These days it seems like almost anything goes.  I personally believe in following the rules and the rules don't say anything about shoes in the dining rooms except for beachy type flip flops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarKay525 said:

All of these shoes are described as flip flops. I doubt any female wearing a pair of these or similar shoes would be turned away. The cheap rubber shoes with the toe thong from the dollar store are also flip flops. Personally, I believe it is the latter that are not allowed. Your opinion may differ.

COACH Women's Franki Platform Flip-Flop Sandals & Reviews - Sandals - Shoes  - Macy's    Naturalizer Women's Liliana Embellished Flip Flop Sandal, Sandals | Famous  Footwear  Clarks Women's Eliza Shore Flip Flop Sandal, Sandals | Famous FootwearBest Flip Flops in 2021

image.jpeg

Yes!  Thank you so much @MarKay525!  My go to summer dinner shoes are like the ones in the top row of your examples.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:56 PM, Fly and Sail said:

I think he meant to say designer sneakers (at least that's what I get from it). Shoes like Prada America's Cup look very much like casual dress shoes and I shifted to those for many years now myself. Never had an issue in any setting. Would I wear them with a tux? Probably not. But with a sports jacket and slacks it looks pretty good.

Anyway as others said I don't feel like X is enforcing much of a dress code at any venue including Luminae or BLU, let alone the MDR.

Exactly right you never underestimate the class of Prada.

Obviously you haven’t been on a Celebrity cruise recently.  I was on Celebrity 2 weeks ago.  You can wear anything.  I saw things on that cruise that I have never seen on any cruise.  Hats in all restaurants. Flip flops and shorts at any meal.   Swimsuits in MDR.  Chic nights aren’t chic. They are slovenly.  I thought that I had seen it all until I saw several in pajamas at breakfast.  Previously on any cruise,  I had never seen that type of dress.  It really was sad.  
There were people who dressed well.  However, since nobody is excluded for “ violating the dress code”.  Going forward, there is no dress code.  

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Obviously you haven’t been on a Celebrity cruise recently.  I was on Celebrity 2 weeks ago.  You can wear anything.  I saw things on that cruise that I have never seen on any cruise.  Hats in all restaurants. Flip flops and shorts at any meal.   Swimsuits in MDR.  Chic nights aren’t chic. They are slovenly.  I thought that I had seen it all until I saw several in pajamas at breakfast.  Previously on any cruise,  I had never seen that type of dress.  It really was sad.  
There were people who dressed well.  However, since nobody is excluded for “ violating the dress code”.  Going forward, there is no dress code.  

That is unbelievable, and sad. Curious, which ship were you on?

We were on the Edge in March and dined in Luminae. Though the dress code is “relaxed” in Luminae we never saw anything even close to what you have described. On a previous Edge cruise we did see several men trying to enter with hats or baseball  caps but they were asked to remove them at the entrance.

If, going forward, there is no dress code, X's self description of “modern luxury” has a whole new meaning. 

Ok-- So, another thread on Dress Code ---

Flip flops , crocs, baseball hats, tank tops , shorts , etc, etc look like crap in a dining room at night time.

( Birkenstocks with socks  --- Really ?? )

Yea, I get it--- " It's my cruise, It's my comfort , It's my , It's my -- etc etc "

We know it's difficult times for Cruise Companies -- even more difficult for Staff to confront a passenger for fear of being disciplined for upsetting a long time Celebrity customer.

Is it SO friggin hard to follow the Guidelines that the Ship requests ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

We were just on a Alaska sailing this month. The only thing I saw was men wearing baseball caps in doors (Not in a dining room). But that is not against the dress code. While I think eating breakfast outside of your cabin in pajamas is not something I would do. I don't see it as a violation of the dress code. I did see people turned away from the helicopter pad because of open toe shoes and or slippers.

What I like about Celebrity is their dress code. I would like to wear my jeans at dinner with a collared shirt. I dont want to cruise and have to wear a sports coat in the evening like some of the higher end cruise lines. Evening Chic is a option to dress up more if you wish.