Footware in Luminae.

chromered7

3 minutes ago, travlr21 said:

It all probably depends. Baseball caps were permitted in Luminae on the June 5 Eclipse cruise. All week, both lunch and supper. I guess Alaska is more casual.

On Apex in L at dinner we saw shorts, hats, etc.  They are wishing to not lose a guest over clothing so it is what it is. 

4 minutes ago, travlr21 said:

It all probably depends. Baseball caps were permitted in Luminae on the June 5 Eclipse cruise. All week, both lunch and supper. I guess Alaska is more casual.

I wouldn’t count on that being true on all ships , I don’t recall seeing baseball caps in Luminae on any ship , did summit earlier this year . 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chromered7 said:

What sort of footware is allowed in Luminae? I only ask because on the none Chic nights would expensive sports shoes be allowed? I will be taking a pair of dress shoes for the chic night’s.

I don’t believe the cost of your sports shoes will really matter to Celebrity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

On Apex in L at dinner we saw shorts, hats, etc.  They are wishing to not lose a guest over clothing so it is what it is. 

That is interesting. We were walking up to be seated for dinner and a couple had just walked up, he in shorts and she in a nice skirt and sequined top.  The hostess told the gentlemen that he would need to change into pants in order to be seated at dinner.

As They walked away the wife was saying "No big deal lets go downstairs and you can change to your pants".  He replied I didn't bring any pants, I thought it would be like 
Carnival.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

No rubbery flip flops, but otherwise wear what footwear you like in Luminae

OK, I am sure this is a hot button, but really asking so I don't cause an issue.  I have sparkly flip flops that I generally wear out to dinner or whatever in the summer.  Will these be OK?  When coming in after an active day in walking shoes, these are a nice break.  I can and will follow the rules and buy specific shoes if these are not acceptable.  Just wondering about other people's experience.

Edited by Daneenm

From Celebrity Cruises 

What kind of shoes should you wear on a cruise?

Footwear should not be an afterthought when packing your suitcase for a cruise. While you might have the urge to throw in a pair of flip flops and call it a day, there are a few other essential shoes you’ll need to bring along on your trip.

Flip flops, sandals, or waterproof slides

These shoes will take you back and forth from your stateroom to the pool and vice versa. They also come in handy if you choose to visit the onboard spa.

Sneakers or comfortable walking shoes

If you’re planning on doing a lot of walking around the ship during days at sea, pack a pair of sneakers or other comfortable walking shoes. Sneakers will also be useful if you try out a fitness class or use the gym equipment in the ship’s state-of-the-art fitness center.

Shoes or sandals for dinner

Since flip flops are not allowed in the evening, make sure to bring comfortable shoes or sandals to wear during dinner in the main room.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lovrccl said:

On the Apex now.  Two gentlemen, one at lunch and one at dinner  were asked to remove their baseball caps before being invited to enter the dining room.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, chromered7 said:

What sort of footware is allowed in Luminae? I only ask because on the none Chic nights would expensive sports shoes be allowed? I will be taking a pair of dress shoes for the chic night’s.

Even cheap sports shoes or any other kind of shoes no matter the cost or evening.:classic_rolleyes: It's what you want to wear. 

Edited by davekathy

20 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Wear what you want, I will be there in my bedazzled stilettos LOL

Do they match what shoes your wife is wearing??? When us short guys wear extended heels, they call them Lifts!

den

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, quicklabs said:

On the Apex now.  Two gentlemen, one at lunch and one at dinner  were asked to remove their baseball caps before being invited to enter the dining room.

A consistently inconsistent policy, fleetwide and no matter the dining venue or time of day/evening. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I don’t believe the cost of your sports shoes will really matter to Celebrity.

I think he meant to say designer sneakers (at least that's what I get from it). Shoes like Prada America's Cup look very much like casual dress shoes and I shifted to those for many years now myself. Never had an issue in any setting. Would I wear them with a tux? Probably not. But with a sports jacket and slacks it looks pretty good.

Anyway as others said I don't feel like X is enforcing much of a dress code at any venue including Luminae or BLU, let alone the MDR.

Edited by Fly and Sail

55 minutes ago, Daneenm said:

OK, I am sure this is a hot button, but really asking so I don't cause an issue.  I have sparkly flip flops that I generally wear out to dinner or whatever in the summer.  Will these be OK?  When coming in after an active day in walking shoes, these are a nice break.  I can and will follow the rules and buy specific shoes if these are not acceptable.  Just wondering about other people's experience.

The staff member at the dining venue will let you know. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 2:34 PM, chromered7 said:

Chic nights only applies to the MDR. You can dress up if you wish. 

The dress code in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants is Smart Casual for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your “Evening Chic nights.”

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Chic nights only applies to the MDR. You can dress up if you wish. 

The dress code in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants is Smart Casual for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your “Evening Chic nights.”

Not required.  Only a suggestion in the Celebrity Today for the MDR.