Live from the Mardi Gras 6/25, is the third time the charm

jimbo5544

20 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Enjoy the ride !!  It was very exciting and glad we did it at least an hour after lunch

Carnival has a promotion that expires today...we are looking at Havanna room with balcony...i know you said you would review latter can i ask if we should look at a regular balcony room versus Havanna.   We are looking to relax (not late night party people)  and feel we would use the balcony area of our room.  We haven't cruised in many years so we might as well be considered new to it all.  

24 minutes ago, AlkaSelzer said:

Carnival has a promotion that expires today...we are looking at Havanna room with balcony...i know you said you would review latter can i ask if we should look at a regular balcony room versus Havanna.   We are looking to relax (not late night party people)  and feel we would use the balcony area of our room.  We haven't cruised in many years so we might as well be considered new to it all.  

I was considering a Havana room on the Celebration yesterday..  I became less and less interested as I watched You Tube videos.  The Havana Bar has a live band playing Cuban music at night and while the music was  very good, it is not conducive to relaxation.  Then I asked my PVP for his opinion.  He has never had anything negative to say in the past, but he reported clients being disappointed in the experience on this class of ship vs. the previous classes with Havana areas.  Also said that when he was touring the Mardi Gras, a fellow employee thought the pool was actually a hot tub and was looking around for the pool.  I am still waiting to see what Jimbo has to say, but gave up on the Havana booking.  

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

12 hours ago, AlkaSelzer said:

Do it

Thanks for this, Jimbo!! I'm on the Scarlet Lady right now but just a couple weeks from my big friends trip back on the Mardi Gras and this is making me so excited!!

Have you noticed if Club Ocean is open for 2-5yos? No big deal, just saw it was open on this current sailing on the Magic so we've got our fingers crossed!!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

15 hours ago, jfbbarry said:

Will you be posting the daily activity sheets?  Not sure what they call them on Carnival. 
Do all outside Havana cabana rooms have the swinging chair on the balcony ?

I can post them. All the outside HC rooms have the swings.  

14 hours ago, keels81 said:

Thanks for this, Jimbo!! I'm on the Scarlet Lady right now but just a couple weeks from my big friends trip back on the Mardi Gras and this is making me so excited!!

Have you noticed if Club Ocean is open for 2-5yos? No big deal, just saw it was open on this current sailing on the Magic so we've got our fingers crossed!!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I do not know bit can ask.