Does Celebrity have any type of laundry package?

carolyn22

I’m debating on booking a B2B2B cruise in January (28 days total), and obviously I don’t want to take 28 days of clothes!  Dies Celebrity have any type of laundry package, or us everything charged by the piece?

On many sailings they offer a mid cruise fill the bag special for wash & fold items.  I believe the cost is $50.  It is good for things like jeans, cotton undies, t shirts, hankies, socks,  pj's, work-out clothes.  It is not something I would use for delicate items, my blouses, dresses,  my slacks, DH polo shirts or slacks or anything that might shrink.  

The best deal is a suction hook and cord from Harbor Freight or others.  A bit of shampoo in the sink gives a pretty good wash.  Rinse twice and rollup in a bath towel.  Hang to dry overnight.

Lightweight blouses and synthetics hang almost wrinkle free.

Just a thought that will sound better after you see the price to wash a pair of socks.

2 hours ago, carolyn22 said:

Thanks!  That would be helpful if they offer such a deal. 

The bag is $49.95 and they do a fine job for daily use items.  Look for a mid-week special in the Daily Paper which has been as low as $29.95.  If you get the clothes in early in the morning, I have got them back late afternoon the next day.  There is also a menu listing prices by the piece.  We have been pleased with the bag.

I am on vacation and can't be bothered saving a few bucks and doing it myself.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The best deal is a suction hook and cord from Harbor Freight or others.  A bit of shampoo in the sink gives a pretty good wash.  Rinse twice and rollup in a bath towel.  Hang to dry overnight.

Lightweight blouses and synthetics hang almost wrinkle free.

Just a thought that will sound better after you see the price to wash a pair of socks.

57 minutes ago, 39august said:

I wash all my undies and gym clothes in the bathroom sink. Rolling in a towel before hanging, (see above) really helps to dry. 

Socks, work out clothes DH undies, denim, t-shirts , pj’s go in the wash and fold bag.  Can get about 6-7 days in the bag.  Synthetics, delicate items done in the sink.  Anything else goes to dry clean, after all it is suppose to be a vacation.

27 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Socks, work out clothes DH undies, denim, t-shirts , pj’s go in the wash and fold bag.  Can get about 6-7 days in the bag.  Synthetics, delicate items done in the sink.  Anything else goes to dry clean, after all it is suppose to be a vacation.

I recall being in St. Maarten and there was a cruise ship next to us.  Towels and clothes drying on MANY verandas.  I thought that was tacky.  After all, if I can spend over $5000 for a cruise, I can afford $50 for someone to do laundry.  On a side note, a few couples were seen taking their clothes to a laundromat at one of the ports.  I guess that is a way to save a few bucks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I recall being in St. Maarten and there was a cruise ship next to us.  Towels and clothes drying on MANY verandas.  I thought that was tacky.  After all, if I can spend over $5000 for a cruise, I can afford $50 for someone to do laundry.  On a side note, a few couples were seen taking their clothes to a laundromat at one of the ports.  I guess that is a way to save a few bucks.

So agree with you, hate seeing laundry on the verandas.  A few years ago we were on a ship, aft facing cabin.  2nd afternoon we went to our balcony on deck 11 and looked down to count 14 balconies with clothes lines strung across the balconies with everything from underwear to socks hanging there. The lines were there 24/7. Mid cruise they disappeared, seems they were there when housekeeping supervisor came in to check on a problem and a check of all aft cabins occurred.  They knocked on our door about 90 mins after leaving port to check for laundry hanging on our balcony. 

6 hours ago, keesar said:

Spending $5k on a Caribbean cruise is hardly the standard. Many folks are spending 1//10 of that for the entire cruise and maybe they had to save up even for that rather small amount. Calling other people tacky because they don't want to or can't afford to spend $50 on laundry is really lacking good taste as well IMHO.

I don't know what financial situation others are in but if something like this would bother me I'd avoid certain cruise lines where this is the common standard. There are many other (non-PG) things happening on the balconies of adjacent ships that bother me much more. Especially when traveling with children. 😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, carolyn22 said:

I’m debating on booking a B2B2B cruise in January (28 days total), and obviously I don’t want to take 28 days of clothes!  Dies Celebrity have any type of laundry package, or us everything charged by the piece?

Do you have Elite or Elite Plus status by chance? If these are all separate reservations would have have the respective amount of laundry bags included as a benefit. Other than that there are always "specials" in the onboard newsletter towards the middle/end of the cruise that would be suitable for you.

Interesting comments.  Our last B2B would have been about $800 for laundry paying by the piece.  29 days.   Would rather spend that $$ elsewhere.

Putting out laundry on your veranda is both stupid - it blows away - and violates the rules of every cruisline I am aware.

Celebrity as said does just fine for indestructible items but anything that will fade or shrink in a steam laundry IMO needs to be done by hand.  The laundry on board is germ free, but my cotton polo shirts tend to turn from dark blue to faded and my jeans both shrink and fade. DW sadly had delicate tops get two sizes smaller.  Better suited for doll clothes. 

And yes I have things dry cleaned and send out laundry using my elite benefit.  Everyone is different.   How clothes are cleaned is a personal decision as long as it is not hung on your balcony.

My husband gets a shower with his work out T shirt on after walking. After shower he wrings it out and dries it on the chair on the balcony. Sometimes you do not want to store dirty clothes in the cabin

Edited by bluecruisin

56 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Interesting comments.  Our last B2B would have been about $800 for laundry paying by the piece.  29 days.   Would rather spend that $$ elsewhere.

Putting out laundry on your veranda is both stupid - it blows away - and violates the rules of every cruisline I am aware.

Hanging clothes out is something you can do on port days only. I can't see how and where it would blow away to other than just falling on the floor. The railing is off limits though either way.

If I recall the free bag of laundry with Elite status allows up to 30 items per bag. a pair of socks is one bag. Last cruise the bag was cloth..stronger than the paper bags that we had previously...

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Unfortunately I’m just at the Classic level, so no free laundry for me. If they offer some type of deal during the cruises I’ll take advantage of that. I’ll plan to bring some Woolite along, washing what I can in the cabin and sending the rest to the laundry. I don’t feel like schlepping around any of the ports (including Fort Lauderdale) looking for a laundromat. And I definitely won’t try drying my clothes on the balcony!

10 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Hanging clothes out is something you can do on port days only. I can't see how and where it would blow away to other than just falling on the floor. The railing is off limits though either way.

Have been at the Sunset Bar on Millenium and Summit watching clothing disappear into ocean behind the ship leaving port.  They blow overboard from a chair quite easily.

I hang mine in the shower.  Lots less tacky.