Princess New Premier Plus

We have the Premier for our Australia cruise (13 day/7 day B2B) and are excited about all aspects. A few years ago, when they had the unlimited photo package, we made it home with approximately 300 photos from a 15 day Hawaii cruise. We weren't spending all of our time at the photos, but when we were there, we didn't do the "stock" poses; we had fun with it, and did our own things; the staff loved it, we loved it, and we brought home some gems. We now plan to do the same with the Premier package pictures to help get our money worth, 🙂

We aren't going to spend all our time opening and closing our door, but if we win something, all the more fun! From all the naysayers on here, odds are looking good, lmao!

We always enjoy the specialty dining; on Majestic it is delightful, so we will savor that portion of the package.

WIth regards to the drinks, we are definitely aficionados of lovely wines, so the Premiere will hold us in good stead there.

Those who want to tell us how to spend our money, or what a waste it is: thank you, we hear you, and your words have gone out the other ear, as we will get good value from it.

As has been said, there is something for everyone, and different strokes for different folks.

Premiere Package is a stroke for us.🥂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

These are the wine menus from Vines on the current Crown Alaska sailing. 

D9C65D09-F287-4ED2-8B5D-1D018F6D8313.jpeg

81B92C22-CE4E-4870-AB4E-6950E446AF03.jpeg

F00282E0-3324-4517-8D40-0C039ADC591C.jpeg

That looks very similar if not pretty much the exact same Vines menu (including prices) from when I was on the Crown in late May, before the Premier roll out. They ran out of the Cloudy Bay Sauv Blanc by day 3 of 7 which was a bummer.

We did the upgrade to Premier on our upcoming Thanksgiving Cruise on the Discovery. 

It came out to about $20 a day ($290 for 2) for the upgrade. 

For us it was a no brainer. I drink mostly Cab at dinner and the upgrade to the Napa Cabs they have listed are a no brainer. We also plan to do 2-3 Specialty dinners anyway and purchase some pictures as my wife loves the opportunity to pick and choose without feeling gouged to buy them 1 at a time. 

We should break even or get real close to it without even mentioning the benefit on not having to do the wifi dance as we will both have 2 items connected.  

In the end the opportunity to get our pictures, prepay for our specialty restauraunts and get the upgraded wine I want should make it worthwhile. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, rheathslc said:

That looks very similar if not pretty much the exact same Vines menu (including prices) from when I was on the Crown in late May, before the Premier roll out. They ran out of the Cloudy Bay Sauv Blanc by day 3 of 7 which was a bummer.

The whites might be the same as when we cruised in May as I never looked at them, but the reds are not the same price.  I know that the Belle Glow Pinot Noir and Gaza Ca'Promis were not more than a dollar or two above the $12 limit.  I am surprised, but glad to see the Nikiara because on another ship's menu posted online (below) it was only available by the bottle.  Also the menu below shows  the Chocolate Block at 16 not 13 and the Zinfandel at 16 not 15.  This menu was posted shortly after the Premier package started.  I wonder if prices have settled down? I've posted that menu below so you all can compare and see all the differences which is weird. Hope we get some others on ships currently post their Vines menus.   We have chosen Premier package  because we only like their more expensive wine and mostly only drink wine, always get pictures, eat at specialty restaurants, and would like to try the different wifi package like Mattnday.

IMG_1118.PNG

IMG_1119.PNG

Edited by Mary Ann 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mattnday said:

We did the upgrade to Premier on our upcoming Thanksgiving Cruise on the Discovery. 

It came out to about $20 a day ($290 for 2) for the upgrade. 

For us it was a no brainer. I drink mostly Cab at dinner and the upgrade to the Napa Cabs they have listed are a no brainer. We also plan to do 2-3 Specialty dinners anyway and purchase some pictures as my wife loves the opportunity to pick and choose without feeling gouged to buy them 1 at a time. 

We should break even or get real close to it without even mentioning the benefit on not having to do the wifi dance as we will both have 2 items connected.  

In the end the opportunity to get our pictures, prepay for our specialty restauraunts and get the upgraded wine I want should make it worthwhile. 

One big benefit of upgrading to Premier (for me) is that the dining credits are available to be used in the app to reserve specialty dining in advance. That is NOT the case with OBC. If you want to book specialty dining in advance you have to pay out of pocket even if you have OBC. If you want to use OBC for specialty dining, you can't book until you're onboard. And with so many people booking in advance, availability was pretty limited even on day 1. And with the Premier credits you can cancel and rebook if your plans shift without having to worry about when you'll get the refund for the cancelled booking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

The whites might be the same as when we cruised in May as I never looked at them, but the reds are not the same price.  I know that the Belle Glow Pinot Noir and Gaza Ca'Promis were not more than a dollar or two above the $12 limit.  I am surprised, but glad to see the Nikiara because on another ship's menu posted online (below) it was only available by the bottle.  Also the menu below shows  the Chocolate Block at 16 not 13 and the Zinfandel at 16 not 15.  This menu was posted shortly after the Premier package started.  I wonder if prices have settled down? I've posted that menu below so you all can compare and see all the differences which is weird. Hope we get some others on ships currently post their Vines menus.   We have chosen Premier package  because we only like their more expensive wine and mostly only drink wine, always get pictures, eat at specialty restaurants, and would like to try the different wifi package like Mattnday.

IMG_1118.PNG

IMG_1119.PNG

Fair point. I don't pay as much attention to the reds. 🙂 Unless I'm at Crown Grill.

2 hours ago, cococruiser said:

Can we upgrade to premier onboard, or do we need to upgrade before boarding?

You can purchase the stand alone beverage package up to four days prior to the cruise or on day 1 onboard. You can also sign up for Princess Prizes separately onboard according to what I read. And you can also upgrade to the multi-device wifi once onboard. But I'm pretty certain if you want the whole Princess Premier package at the $75pp/day (or $25pp/day extra if you already booked Plus) which includes the Premier drinks package, photos, dining credits, multi-device wifi, and Prizes) you have to upgrade to Premier in advance (most likely prior to 3 days in advance - similar to spa bookings). I can't find it in the T&C but I swear I read it somewhere. 

This is regarding the stand-alone drink package as referenced above:

image.thumb.png.bc07f30089402fe9be3973edf09e4b86.png

• Like 2

As much as it's fun to joke about the PRIZES.....I do find it interesting to hear people's analysis on why they are upgrading to Premier. Some of the reasons likely would be why I could see Blue Card (new) cruisers would go for it. As a stockholder, if it helps Princess 'get back' financially, I think it's great! For us, Plus just barely works, but glad there are different options for different folks and the way each likes to cruise.

☺️

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rheathslc said:

It almost seems to be a hybrid of my first week in the Caribbean (old pricing) and my second week on the Caribbean Princess (after the price change).  Maybe they walked back some of their price increases?

7 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I am surprised, but glad to see the Nikiara because on another ship's menu posted online (below) it was only available by the bottle.

Vines tends to have a more extensive by the glass offerings. While some wines are only available by the bottle in MDR or other bars, vines might have them by the glass. 

Nikiara is very good. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Vines tends to have a more extensive by the glass offerings. While some wines are only available by the bottle in MDR or other bars, vines might have them by the glass. 

Nikiara is very good. 

I'm really bummed that the Diamond doesn't have Vines. That's the ship we're on for the two 5-day B2B cruises that I upgraded to Premier. I like to grab my favorite glass of wine from Vines on my way to dinner since I know I can't get it in the MDR. Also no International Cafe. 😞

1 hour ago, rheathslc said:

I'm really bummed that the Diamond doesn't have Vines. That's the ship we're on for the two 5-day B2B cruises that I upgraded to Premier. I like to grab my favorite glass of wine from Vines on my way to dinner since I know I can't get it in the MDR. Also no International Cafe. 😞

Yep, that's exactly what I do. I wonder where they will be serving good wines by the glass. It's a mystery that I will be happy to volunteer for 🙌😅

Went on the Crown Princess July 4th week. Got the all you drink package. They charged us for two bar tabs - one on the Vines Bar and one at Tradewinds. I still have not received a refund. We checked every day but the last day for any additional charges. The last day we couldn't go to the front desk for a Bill check, and sure enough we got charged. I have called and still no refund. I was worried about charges since I heard from other "all you can drink" cruisers that they were charged also. It has a been a month and they have yet to refund us. We had a cruise booked in Feb. but cancelled. This is not right. If it is all you can drink then they should not charge. I am very upset about this....and I am a Platinum cruiser. Not nice at all!

3 hours ago, omynameistaken said:

Yep, that's exactly what I do. I wonder where they will be serving good wines by the glass. It's a mystery that I will be happy to volunteer for 🙌😅

Went to Vines on Crown...grabbed a glass....I had the all you can drink package...and ya know what...they charged our account. This was on the 4th of July Crown...I called and asked for a refund...to this day I have not received a refund. Buyer BEWARE!

Edited by SmedonSeas
spelling

Yes, you definitely want to check your account every day.  Last November, we had what was obviously a new waitress at Alfredo's.  We ordered a glass of wine that was one dollar over the Plus package.  She asked us at least twice if we understood we would be charged and we assured her it was fine.  Lo and behold when the charge came through it was $13, the entire price of the wine.  It was easy enough to go to the service desk and get it changed right then since they knew it was too much for someone who had the Plus package.  Once you find mistakes like this, it is natural to check it every day - it's so easy to do now that it's on the app.  We have also found out if we wait a day or two, we might not remember what bar or drink we had.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

Went on the Crown Princess July 4th week. Got the all you drink package. They charged us for two bar tabs - one on the Vines Bar and one at Tradewinds. I still have not received a refund. We checked every day but the last day for any additional charges. The last day we couldn't go to the front desk for a Bill check, and sure enough we got charged. I have called and still no refund. I was worried about charges since I heard from other "all you can drink" cruisers that they were charged also. It has a been a month and they have yet to refund us. We had a cruise booked in Feb. but cancelled. This is not right. If it is all you can drink then they should not charge. I am very upset about this....and I am a Platinum cruiser. Not nice at all!

12 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

Went to Vines on Crown...grabbed a glass....I had the all you can drink package...and ya know what...they charged our account. This was on the 4th of July Crown...I called and asked for a refund...to this day I have not received a refund. Buyer BEWARE!

Sorry this happened to you.  I am aware that this can happen to folks and often it gets fixed on-board, but at end of voyage, it may not be possible.

For me, a couple of drinks aren't going to be a huge amount to be waiting for and it is an unintentional mistake.

If it happened to me, I would make a PDF scan of my final stateroom account and write a nice email to CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com, include the PDF, and mention my ship and cruise date and booking number.  I would let them know I was on a Plus fare and had some incorrect charges to my account.  I would detail the dates and amounts and provide a total dollar owed to me and ask them to please refund me that amount. 

It might take a while, but I would prefer to have a request like this in writing instead of calling as I know they are swamped with calls and I may not get an experienced rep when calling. 

Hope you eventually get what is owed to you.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SmedonSeas said:

Just of note, it’s not an ‘all you can drink package’ but limited at 15 alcoholic drinks and no sharing with others is allowed.  But, it is hard to reach that limit within a 24 hour period.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1