Princess New Premier Plus

On 7/29/2022 at 6:04 PM, JimmyVWine said:

These are the types of places that leave you guessing.  Nice to know that Princess "Plus" has risen to this level in the Dining Rooms, bars and lounges.

Menu Solutions MT2R-TOPA_SWIRL 4" x 6" Insert Swirled Finish Aluminum  Single Panel Alumitent Table Tent With 2 Rings On Top

In conjunction with this new direction, I assume we can soon expect to see laminated dining room menus with photos of the food . . .

On 6/26/2022 at 8:25 AM, Phantom of the Seas said:

2 different menus....one for Plus & one for Premier....what if you have Plus & order a drink on the Premier menu.....do you pay full price or difference?

You pay the difference plus 18%

On 6/29/2022 at 2:54 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Yes, they are supposed to get 5 pours from each bottle of wine.  We’re lucky when they make it 4.  Seriously though, if the wine is covered under the package, it really doesn’t much matter.  Not many people can drink 15 glasses of wine (or 3 bottles of wine) in a day. 

Challenge accepted!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Challenge accepted!!

🤣

I actually can't do 15 glasses of wine. But I can do a few mimosas with breakfast, a few stawberry margaritas with an extra shot during the day, a cocktail and few glasses of wine with dinner and get close. If I start at 7am and don't fall asleep before making it to dinner that is. But the next day or two would likely be almost no alcohol, if any. Haha!

• Haha 1

These are the ones they had to pour that are included with the plus package. Or so my friend was told by the bartender. I’m not certain it’s entirely correct as that Silverado cab is listed on the premier side of the menu for $17. I’m sure everyone is busy and having fun so I’ll take it as an approximation of what’s there for plus. I noticed there’s no whites. He asked the bartender for all the wines included in plus and that’s what he was shown. 

it looks like they are just clearing out odd bits and bobs of inventory.  

48EEB700-8CC5-4B87-BB16-53C0D429B185.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

This is the Crooners wine menu on the Crown this evening. A friend was nice enough to send it to me. 

138F1821-37C1-4FEA-B6A7-18FAAD28A0EC.jpeg

"A' Silverado Cab ( now $17 ) 'used' to be covered by PLUS in Vines ... 

5 day cruise - upgrade to Premier is $20? $25? $30? per person per day ?

2 specialty dinners each included ... a few pics maybe?

and the all important door opening prize package opportunity...

$200 non-refundable OBC from prior promotion

ain't life great to be able to even being in the position to make this decision...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

These are the ones they had to pour that are included with the plus package. Or so my friend was told by the bartender. I’m not certain it’s entirely correct as that Silverado cab is listed on the premier side of the menu for $17. I’m sure everyone is busy and having fun so I’ll take it as an approximation of what’s there for plus. I noticed there’s no whites. He asked the bartender for all the wines included in plus and that’s what he was shown. 

it looks like they are just clearing out odd bits and bobs of inventory.  

48EEB700-8CC5-4B87-BB16-53C0D429B185.jpeg

Thank you for this!  These were some of our favorites from our last cruise, and hopefully if they are clearing out, they still have some by the time we get there in a few weeks.  This makes me feel very good about the Plus pkg.  Add in Knob Creek and Chocolate Mint martinis and I am a happy sailor!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pppatpc2 said:

Thank you for this!  These were some of our favorites from our last cruise, and hopefully if they are clearing out, they still have some by the time we get there in a few weeks.  This makes me feel very good about the Plus pkg.  Add in Knob Creek and Chocolate Mint martinis and I am a happy sailor!

But please remember that things change.  What was available on one cruise may not be on the next one.  I believe you are quite safe with Knob Creek and the Chocolate Mint martini!  I will have to try one of those in September!

• Like 1

Agreed that all wines are subject to change from week to week. By not naming them on the menu for plus they can pour whatever is handy. I’ve got a couple of sailings soon both with and without plus. It’ll be interesting. 
I’m a white wine drinker.  I noticed a drastic decline in choices for me (non chards) since January.  I’ll be bringing some favorites on and picking some up in ports. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Agreed that all wines are subject to change from week to week. By not naming them on the menu for plus they can pour whatever is handy. I’ve got a couple of sailings soon both with and without plus. It’ll be interesting. 
I’m a white wine drinker.  I noticed a drastic decline in choices for me (non chards) since January.  I’ll be bringing some favorites on and picking some up in ports. 

I'm a white wine drinker too but really don't like chardonnay at all. I prefer Sauv Blanc (preferably  from New Zealand) so may have to do the same. We sail in 30 days on the Diamond's first two cruises back and I'm mentally preparing for it to be a little rough as the crew get back in the swing of things. 

11 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

I'm a white wine drinker too but really don't like chardonnay at all. I prefer Sauv Blanc (preferably  from New Zealand) so may have to do the same. We sail in 30 days on the Diamond's first two cruises back and I'm mentally preparing for it to be a little rough as the crew get back in the swing of things. 

We are also thinking it is going to be a little hard getting NZ Sauvignon Blancs.  We’re on the 111 day world cruise and hope the Plus Package works out better than it sounds like right now. 

16 minutes ago, jeno said:

We are also thinking it is going to be a little hard getting NZ Sauvignon Blancs.  We’re on the 111 day world cruise and hope the Plus Package works out better than it sounds like right now. 

I upgraded us to Premier for our two little 5-day B2Bs on the Diamond to try it out. I hope it doesn't spoil Plus for me. 🙂 

25 minutes ago, jeno said:

Cloudy Bay Sauv Blanc...mmm 🤗

• Like 1

Chalk Hills Sauvignon Blanc is available in the main dining room, which I think is a Californian wine and is very pleasant. John also had a glass of a Chardonnay in The Crown Grill which was on the Premier Package. Whispering Angel has also been available in some bars. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suite Susie said:

Chalk Hills Sauvignon Blanc is available in the main dining room, which I think is a Californian wine and is very pleasant. John also had a glass of a Chardonnay in The Crown Grill which was on the Premier Package. Whispering Angel has also been available in some bars. 

Whispering Angel is a lovely dry rose. It used to be included in the Plus package but now sadly is $14. It’s nice that it’s still onboard though!  I do hope they get the supply of wines sorted out and get a reliable supply.  Thanks for reporting back!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Whispering Angel is a lovely dry rose. It used to be included in the Plus package but now sadly is $14. It’s nice that it’s still onboard though!  I do hope they get the supply of wines sorted out and get a reliable supply.  Thanks for reporting back!

So much for the webinar for Travel Agents where Princess said they were not anticipating increasing beverage prices to move them into the Premier package.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, caribill said:

So much for the webinar for Travel Agents where Princess said they were not anticipating increasing beverage prices to move them into the Premier package.

It looks like only wine prices have gone up. The mixed drinks seem to be pretty much the same

• Like 1

We're used to getting the (now) Plus package as a perk from the TA. I suppose we'll keep that for our Nov. cruise and just pay the difference for upgrades from all of the OBC we'll have. Imo, the premium package is too expensive for what's being offered. 

22 minutes ago, loge23 said:

We're used to getting the (now) Plus package as a perk from the TA. I suppose we'll keep that for our Nov. cruise and just pay the difference for upgrades from all of the OBC we'll have. Imo, the premium package is too expensive for what's being offered. 

Do you receive it as a perk or just pay the Plus price instead of the Basic (no frills) price? Or do you pay the no frills price and get the Plus thrown in for free? 

I just won!! opened the door and there it was!!  It really feels great. I wasn't able to get the mega millions ticket I wanted because of this cruise. But I just opened the door and there it was! so happy to win my prize. So glad I did the up grade on the drink package! take that you naysayers! Until I wasn't. it was a princess cruises lanyard! only problem it was for the old key card and this is a medallion ship. Went to guest services and asked for an upgrade since I paid for premium plus - premium alcohol premium prize i thought. you know what they told me? " they are just clearing out odd bits and bobs of inventory". ( i loved that quote) 

Actually  I  was just looking to get back into cruising and this new policy is less than exiting and very similar to other cruise lines.  At least other cruise lines don't count your drinks and they let you order 2 at a time. not that the 15 drink limit is a goal of mine but it is the principle.  I have only reached the 15 drink limit once and yes i remember the day. If you reach the 15 drink limit the bartender MAY do a shot with you! ( #16),  mine did.  We all had a shot of H2O. it was actually one of the most memorable shots I ever took.  

It is tough to get excited when you remember  what it was and you look at what it is and you can only assume that it will be different in a year and not for the better. ( disclaimer : I did not win a PC lanyard, but i would not be surprised if someone actually did )