Drinks prices?

Lesley Styles

Download the Celebrity app on any smart device and link to your cruise, you can then see menus for all restaurants and bars and the list of drinks and wine by the glass will listed with pricing. There are 2 drinks packages, the standard has all drinks and wines up to $9 each, the Premium drinks package has all drinks  and wines by the glass to $15. There is not a good choice of wines under the $9 but a much better list at $15 and under.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

The app lists the price for fancy craft cocktails but if you want to know the price of a plain old gin and tonic (using the well brand gin) you are out of luck.  My best guest would be $8 or $9 per cocktail.

A drink with well brand liquor is likely in the $8-9 range.  Specialty coffees $5-6 without liquor.  Other than Beringer White Zinfandel no wine under $ 9 that I have seen.  Add a additional 20% gratuity to beverage prices.  

if you booked a cruise only fare you may want to do the math and add the daily gratuity and a estimate of what you think you would spend on drinks and see how that compares to the Always Included fare.  Sometimes the difference is less than it would cost to pay as you go for drinks.

Drinks package! Only way, in my humble opinion.

Posted this before but the look of shock watching a grown man nearly cry because of his bill on Eclipse many years ago convinced me never to pay drink by drink.

We’re doing a short Cunard trip with no package and I’m already sweating! Lol

On 6/25/2022 at 10:14 PM, dreamer321 said:

The app lists the price for fancy craft cocktails but if you want to know the price of a plain old gin and tonic (using the well brand gin) you are out of luck.  My best guest would be $8 or $9 per cocktail.

i was looking for the price of a jack daniels and had to look at every bar and restaurant menu using the app to finally find it.  Perhaps look a little more, hope you find it.

On 6/25/2022 at 10:25 PM, jelayne said:

A drink with well brand liquor is likely in the $8-9 range.  Specialty coffees $5-6 without liquor.  Other than Beringer White Zinfandel no wine under $ 9 that I have seen.  Add a additional 20% gratuity to beverage prices.  

if you booked a cruise only fare you may want to do the math and add the daily gratuity and a estimate of what you think you would spend on drinks and see how that compares to the Always Included fare.  Sometimes the difference is less than it would cost to pay as you go for drinks.

on our sailing on Equinox in August there is a 9% discount on the drink package if buying pre cruise.  So this may be something to look at also.

Totally agree with swjumbo the drink package is the only way IMO. But it all depends on if you like to try different cocktails and like to drink. If you are not a drinker probably not worth it. But I agree who wants a huge bill at the end of the cruise. I’d rather know upfront. I don’t want to be nickel and dimed. I want the comfort of knowing I can try what ever I want with a surprise at the end of the cruise.
Even if you go over the price of the drink allowed in your drink pkg you have to just pay the difference.

You have to decide what is right for you and your family.

Enjoy!

Until a few years ago we never had a package... but we were Elite... so the evening cocktail hour from 5-7 was all we needed. Plus the occassional bottle of wine with dinner.. you can save that same bottle for the next evening..if you don't finish it.... I like unsweet iced tea.. so the Ocean view cafe satisfied that need..along with their coffee... sometimes at breakfast...I put a dollop of whipped cream..from the pancake section... 

A few years ago we had an AI perk.. and I have to say..it will be hard to go back... I love specialty coffees from the Cafe.. which run about $5.. if you don't have AI. And it was nice not to have to think about the bill total. But I did find I drank a lot more than normal... because it was covered....