How will Bermuda be handled on the 10/31 Reflection TA?

This is an interesting question! We are sailing on Edge from Rome to Ft Lauderdale! We also will make a stop in Bermuda! Presently you need to fill out a form & pay $40! I am not sure if my need to submit a negative test also but as cruise becomes closer rules will most likely change!

I would guess you will have to pony up the $40 and get a BTA.  

They no longer require you to upload a Negative Test result.   But their website says you must present a negative test result and a BTA prior to embarkation onto ship.   When we did the opposite directing all passengers were required to have one to board and it was a mess at the Terminal.   Some passengers stuck for 6-7 hours while they got theirs processed.

Latest instruction - Jun 2 - You can now apply 30 days prior to embarkation

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Effective 3 June 2022:

Cruise Ship Passengers may begin the Travel Authorization Application 1 month prior to embarkation date, and you are encouraged to apply as soon as your embarkation date is available.

1. All passengers MUST have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorisation (TA) before arriving at the embarkation terminal.

2. All passengers MUST be vaccinated, and are required to upload their vaccine card at time of application.  (For those traveling with children, complete your TA application first, then attend to your children.)

3. All passengers over the age of 2 years – MUST submit an application and pay the $40.00 fee by Mastercard or Visa.

4. Travel Authorization are reviewed and prioritized by embarkation date.

5. All passengers MUST have a negative COVID-19 test result to show at the embarkation terminal, along with their APPROVED Travel Authorization (see below for Accepted Test types).”

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would guess you will have to pony up the $40 and get a BTA.  

They no longer require you to upload a Negative Test result.   But their website says you must present a negative test result and a BTA prior to embarkation onto ship.   When we did the opposite directing all passengers were required to have one to board and it was a mess at the Terminal.   Some passengers stuck for 6-7 hours while they got theirs processed.

Latest instruction - Jun 2 - You can now apply 30 days prior to embarkation

Effective 3 June 2022:

Cruise Ship Passengers may begin the Travel Authorization Application 1 month prior to embarkation date, and you are encouraged to apply as soon as your embarkation date is available.

1. All passengers MUST have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorisation (TA) before arriving at the embarkation terminal.

2. All passengers MUST be vaccinated, and are required to upload their vaccine card at time of application.  (For those traveling with children, complete your TA application first, then attend to your children.)

3. All passengers over the age of 2 years – MUST submit an application and pay the $40.00 fee by Mastercard or Visa.

4. Travel Authorization are reviewed and prioritized by embarkation date.

5. All passengers MUST have a negative COVID-19 test result to show at the embarkation terminal, along with their APPROVED Travel Authorization (see below for Accepted Test types).”

A negative test result is still required 2 days before arriving in Bermuda. 

Cruise voyages that take more than 4 days to get to Bermuda from the embarkation port:

All passengers regardless of vaccination status must undergo a further supervised antigen or COVID-19 NAAT on-board, by the ships medical team, no more than 2 days before passengers are to come ashore in Bermuda. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are also on an October TA that is scheduled to stop in Bermuda.  It's just too soon to know what the rules will be then. All that can be known now is that IF the current rule is still in place, Celebrity is going to have to test everyone on board no more than two days before the ship arrives in Bermuda.  I rather doubt they are going to want to do that and risk finding a bunch of "positive" guests they will then have to put in isolation for the remainder of the cruise.  (Quite frankly, if the current rule is still in place, I'd be happy if we skipped Bermuda.  Just speaking for myself, of course.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would like to have the option not to get off the ship in Bermuda! For the few hours we will be there rather not fill out form, pay $40 each and take another test!😡 Stopping there isn’t worth it!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Grandma7 said:

What if you do not plan on getting off in Bermuda and just want to stay on the ship? I have no desire to pay $40 and go thru hassle  if getting tested. I am scheduled on Reflection TA.

Not an option at this time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

The issue is that if Celebrity isn’t dealing with it now, then when? When it is too late?

It’s still June. The TAs are months away. Much can change between now and then. What would you have Celebrity do now, based on pure speculation?   

14 hours ago, Cruising is my passion said:

We are booked on Reflection TA 10/31/2022. After the stint across from the Azores, there is a port stop in Bermuda before the last Sea Day going to Fort Lauderdale. How will Bermuda be handled for guests? 

We will be there with you.  Too far in the future to know where Bermuda will be with their protocols then.

To those talking about not getting off the ship, Bermuda is insisting all go through the hoop if a ship will dock there. 

Edited by canderson
Typoz

2 hours ago, LJJQ said:

I would like to have the option not to get off the ship in Bermuda! For the few hours we will be there rather not fill out form, pay $40 each and take another test!😡 Stopping there isn’t worth it!

Bermuda requires the $40 from every passenger if the ship is in Bermuda waters. You won't have that option of staying on the ship and not paying the $40. . 

Talked with my TA who called Celebrity. As of now, the Bermuda Visitor form will need to be completed no later than 24 hours prior to embarkation….with the $40 pp fee. Currently Bermuda is also asking for a negative Antigen test. Confused because the form gives requirements for cruise passengers arriving in Bermuda more than 4 days after embarkation. Leads me to believe that I highly doubt they will accept the negative test taken for embarkation in Barcelona, but don’t know if Celebrity will be testing all guests for Bermuda. That would be opening a Pandora’s Box. I am sure there will be changes. Lots of hoops!

3 hours ago, Grandma7 said:

What if you do not plan on getting off in Bermuda and just want to stay on the ship? I have no desire to pay $40 and go thru hassle  if getting tested. I am scheduled on Reflection TA.

While I have no knowledge of what will happen in October, the rules when we were on the Eastbound TA was that 100% of the ship had to have the authorizations or the ship could not enter Bermuda's Waters.   It was a mandatory requirement of boarding.   Even if you did not plan to leave the ship you had to pay the $40 pp.

BTW - when we left the ship in Bermuda we were never asked for the Authorization as the ship had been 100% cleared.

Some may say no one knows before October.   I agree.  I would bet that Bermuda won't be dropping their money making grab of about $80,000+ per ship any time soon.

41 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Currently Bermuda is also asking for a negative Antigen test. Confused because the form gives requirements for cruise passengers arriving in Bermuda more than 4 days after embarkation. Leads me to believe that I highly doubt they will accept the negative test taken for embarkation in Barcelona, but don’t know if Celebrity will be testing all guests for Bermuda. That would be opening a Pandora’s Box. I am sure there will be changes. Lots of hoops!

Putting aside that no one knows what the rules will be in October (as has been said numerous times above  🙂 ), you are not reading the current rules correctly.  The negative test needed for embarkation is now the same one Celebrity currently requires (e.g., for fully vaxxed guests a negative antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding).   Then, for cruises not arriving in Bermuda until more than 4 days after embarkation, there is the additional requirement of a negative test no more than 2 days before arrival.

The current rules are clearly stated at this link; check it periodically for updates.

25 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Putting aside that no one knows what the rules will be in October (as has been said numerous times above  🙂 ), you are not reading the current rules correctly. 

No, I think the OP has it right -- and is correctly assuming that the pre-cruise test for Barcelona embarkation won't do us any good in Bermuda, and is wondering, given the days between Barcelona and Bermuda, how Celebrity will manage testing aboard within 2 days of our arrival there.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

No, I think the OP has it right -- and is correctly assuming that the pre-cruise test for Barcelona embarkation won't do us any good in Bermuda, and is wondering, given the days between Barcelona and Bermuda, how Celebrity will manage testing aboard within 2 days of our arrival there.

I was referring to the OP stating "I highly doubt [Bermuda] will accept the negative test taken for embarkation in Barcelona. .. "  Under the current rules, "doubt" does not enter into it. That single pre-embarkation test is insufficient by itself for any cruise taking more than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda.  

In any event, I think the most important point is that we all do agree that we have no idea right now what Celebrity will do on the TAs IF Bermuda's current rules remain in place.  🙃

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the 4 Celebrity TAs sailing in October with port calls in Bermuda.  Three of those four -- on the Beyond, the Edge, and the Reflection -- are not overnighting.  The Beyond is scheduled to be in Bermuda on Oct. 22 from 8am-4pm, the Edge on Nov. 4 from 8am-3:30pm, and the Reflection on Nov. 10 from 8am-3:45pm. 

I'm booked on the Silhouette TA, which is scheduled to be in Bermuda from 3pm on Oct. 30 to 3pm on Oct. 31.  While this is an overnight, that first day is pretty wasted.  (The original schedule, recently changed, was 12:30-12:30.)

I can certainly understand folks with the non-overnights not wanting to go through the hassle of the Bermuda travel authorization and testing process under the current rules. I don't want to do it even with the overnight.

Edited by Turtles06

Summit has been sailing with stops in Bermuda since May.  Bermuda accepts the 2 days prior to sailing COVID test that is required by Celebrity. They do not require an additional test.  As it was early on, Bermuda no longer requires that you submit your negative COVID test with your Authorization form.  They do require that you submit your vaccine information with the form along with the $40.

This is the current requirement. Things can change. 

Edited by Zigster

Just now, Zigster said:

Summit has been sailing with stops in Bermuda since May.  Bermuda accepts the 2 days prior to sailing COVID test that is required by Celebrity. They do not require an additional test. 

Except that they DO require an additional test when the ship "takes longer than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda from embarkation port."  (Direct quote from the current rules to which you have linked.) While that has not been the case on the cruises from the East Coast, it will most definitely be the case on the TAs leaving from Europe in the fall.  Hence the concerns expressed in this thread by folks who are booked on some of those TAs, should the current rules still be in place then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Hence the concerns expressed in this thread by folks who are booked on some of those TAs, should the current rules still be in place then.

There really should not be a concern. If the rule does not change either Celebrity will do testing onboard or Celebrity will skip Bermuda. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

While I have no knowledge of what will happen in October, the rules when we were on the Eastbound TA was that 100% of the ship had to have the authorizations or the ship could not enter Bermuda's Waters.   It was a mandatory requirement of boarding.   Even if you did not plan to leave the ship you had to pay the $40 pp.

BTW - when we left the ship in Bermuda we were never asked for the Authorization as the ship had been 100% cleared.

Some may say no one knows before October.   I agree.  I would bet that Bermuda won't be dropping their money making grab of about $80,000+ per ship any time soon.

I read where Bermuda has the excess funds in their budget through 2023.  The $40 is not going away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

There really should not be a concern. If the rule does not change either Celebrity will do testing onboard or Celebrity will skip Bermuda. 

Celebrity’s choices are obvious, that’s not the issue.  Some folks are certainly concerned about possibly testing positive in the middle of a TA and having to go into isolation for the rest of the cruise, just because of a port call to Bermuda (and especially the ones that are pretty short).

1 minute ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I read where Bermuda has the excess funds in their budget through 2023.  The $40 is not going away.

Through March 2023. They might let it drop after March 2023. If there are changes more likely the vaccination requirement will remain and the testing requirement will be changed. Nothing is for sure though.

• Thanks 1