any chance Arrivecan will go away?

9 hours ago, 5waldos said:

For those of you complaining about ArriveCAN- have you ever tried to visit the USA as a foreigner? Yes AC can be a tiny bit pesty- but just a tiny bit. And yes- some of the instructions have been confusing. But nothing like the red tape many have to go through to visit here. 

So true.

When the US implemented the current requirements, it convinced me to also get a Canadian passport. If I enter the US on my UK passport, I require fingerprints, photograph and e-visa, which costs money.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 5waldos said:

For those of you complaining about ArriveCAN- have you ever tried to visit the USA as a foreigner? Yes AC can be a tiny bit pesty- but just a tiny bit. And yes- some of the instructions have been confusing. But nothing like the red tape many have to go through to visit here. 

We're Canadians, we live to complain. In the winter we complain about the weather - too cold. In the summer we complain about the weather - too hot. In the spring we complain about the weather - too wet. In the fall we complain about the weather - too hot - too cold - too wet -  too short ... and the Blue Jays are bums again for not getting to World Series. And if our favorite NHL Team gets off to a 0 and 3 start to begin the season;  😱 "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

Our official national symbol might be the the red maple leaf but it should be red WHINE.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Our official national symbol might be the the red maple leaf but it should be red WHINE.

Its not Canadians who are doing most of the complaining about ArriveCan, its our friends from the south.

• Like 3

I am from Montreal,  Canada 

Recently  we did a b2b. NYC, Halifax  , NYC, Bermuda,  NYC, Halifax,  NYC and then drive home

. We did arrive can 3 times in 14 days 

When we came home, the border agent did have us explain . So he had the info from arrive can.

It is not just for covid. 

It is easy and free. 

And you have plenty of time to submit. 

21 minutes ago, cruiseryyc said:

Its not Canadians who are doing most of the complaining about ArriveCan, its our friends from the south.

Our Canadian pastime is complaining about ourselves. Our American cousins' pastime is complaining about everything and everybody that's not themselves. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

We're Canadians, we live to complain. In the winter we complain about the weather - too cold. In the summer we complain about the weather - too hot. In the spring we complain about the weather - too wet. In the fall we complain about the weather - too hot - too cold - too wet -  too short ... and the Blue Jays are bums again for not getting to World Series. And if our favorite NHL Team gets off to a 0 and 3 start to begin the season;  😱 "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

I'm late to the party because I'm with Rogers and pay way too much for wireless, internet and TV and roaming and the system breaks down all the time!!

Just now, d9704011 said:

I'm late to the party because I'm with Rogers and pay way too much for wireless, internet and TV and roaming and the system breaks down all the time!!

Oh yeah... I just got back from Europe and the AC flights through Toronto were fine and ArriveCAN was quick and easy to complete.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Oh yeah... I just got back from Europe and the AC flights through Toronto were fine and ArriveCAN was quick and easy to complete.

I'm glad your return from Europe went smoothly. ArriveCan is such a simple app to use. As for Pearson, did you buy a lotto ticket afterwards? Hey, when you're on a winning streak...😉

Also glad your Roger's is back up. I sometimes think my Cogeco is bad but Roger's sure has been having issues in recent years. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 2:12 PM, sunsetme said:

What purpose does it serve at this point?

vaccination is requrired still and they're expanding it to take place of the old sheets you filled out or filled out on arrival at kiosk. so they're going to expand it for custom declaration and etc as well as passport info and etc for pre flight review

3 hours ago, gilboman said:

vaccination is requrired still and they're expanding it to take place of the old sheets you filled out or filled out on arrival at kiosk. so they're going to expand it for custom declaration and etc as well as passport info and etc for pre flight review

AriveCAN 2.0 is in the works.  It is expect to replace the need to fill out any declaration card or use the kiosk when entering Canada.   The should speed up the entire customs immigration process.