Michael's Club on Solstice

bh6605

Over the years on the M class ships I've loved Michael's club. Excited there's one on our trip on the Solstice next month but I think it's only for Retreat or Concierge guests or something? If so I'm bummed. How well do they check ie could I sneak in and enjoy the ambiance?

I am posting from the Solstice.  We also love Michael’s Club and Luminae so book suites to gain entrance.

Trust me — the Retreat Concierges know who has access.  On this sailing someone tried to gain entrance several nights ago to play the MC piano, and were promptly told to leave.

Thanks Northern Aurora. Good to know. And actually nice to see they uphold the rules and push back. So many times on our past celebrity cruises it seems the staff is reluctant to dare tell any passenger to follow the rules. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bh6605 said:

Good point. However its still strange they made it a  "premium" location when it seemed like nobody ever used it (but me) on cruises years ago. 

It was well used on Reflection back in February.  I guess it's funny how folks use it when it becomes exclusive!

They’ve eliminated the Zenith benefit to use  it and restrict use to Suite passengers.Think that they could restore access on M and S Class ships when the number of Zeniths is low and then I can book Celebrity cruises.

12 hours ago, bh6605 said:

Good point. However its still strange they made it a  "premium" location when it seemed like nobody ever used it (but me) on cruises years ago. 

Not strange at all. Since it was not being used much that made it a good space to repurpose. 

We enjoyed Michaels Club just last week on Solstice. They get to know you real fast. We had an issue with the Premium Drink pkg that was not given to our adult son in our suite so when we made a visit just after boarding to get that corrected they learned all our names real fast and remembered us for the rest of the cruise and would call us by name when they saw us other places on the ship. 

• Like 1

Went with my parents on an Alaskan cruise in 2018 on the Solstice.   They made friends with a couple who were in a suite and took them to Michaels (parents were in Aquaclass).  I wasn't with them at the time but they told me about it later.  When I told them they didn't have access they were surprised as no one had said anything.  They never went back once they found out but we had a laugh about it.

Am looking at sailing Solstice this Fall.  I know Micheal’s Club is the Retreat’s exclusive bar/lounge area.

What I don’t know is if you can only enter Micheal’s Club with a keycard, like the Retreat Lounge on “E” class ship.  That would alleviate who is and isn’t allowed in.

I do agree that the Concierges know who is allowed and not allowed in, pretty quickly.  They introduce themselves as soon as you enter.  So, they know who is sailing in a suite and can identify them.

Even those of us who sail in Suites get to know each other pretty quickly in the Retreat Lounge.  I would assume the same for Michael’s Club. 

Edited by graphicguy

1 hour ago, Orator said:

They can't use key cards on the M & S Class ships since they ardesignated muster stations and they need to remain open in case of an emergency.

OK, then.  Looks like the Concierges have done a good job in knowing who is, and who isn't allowed into Michael's.

That said, I wonder if Micheal's as Muster Station would be changed now that is a private retreat for Suite guests?  Or, just make Micheal's the muster station for the suite guests.

Edited by graphicguy

6 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OK, then.  Looks like the Concierges have done a good job in knowing who is, and who isn't allowed into Michael's.

That said, I wonder if Micheal's as Muster Station would be changed now that is a private retreat for Suite guests?

Where would you put the Muster Station? They already use all available space, including the Photo Gallery on the S Class ships. There are legal requirements that can’t be avoided.

Yes, all of the exclusive areas on Celebrity have become very confusing. We enjoyed Michaels on the Eclipse and Equinox a few years back and we were in suites both times. I can’t recall how they checked that fact. But it was a nice, quiet place to relax and have a drink. I had no Celebrity experience back when it was open to all. When we were on those cruises, Michaels was the muster station only for suite guests. 

when the older ships are “revolutionized” I understand Michaels will be redecorated and renamed as the Retreat Lounge. 

37 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That said, I wonder if Micheal's as Muster Station would be changed now that is a private retreat for Suite guests?  Or, just make Micheal's the muster station for the suite guests.

I don't think they can change that. The muster stations are designated for safe evacuation when the ship is designed and they never get changed. 

1 hour ago, Dolebludger said:

Yes, all of the exclusive areas on Celebrity have become very confusing. We enjoyed Michaels on the Eclipse and Equinox a few years back and we were in suites both times. I can’t recall how they checked that fact. But it was a nice, quiet place to relax and have a drink. I had no Celebrity experience back when it was open to all. When we were on those cruises, Michaels was the muster station only for suite guests. 

when the older ships are “revolutionized” I understand Michaels will be redecorated and renamed as the Retreat Lounge. 

That's what I was thinking.  Just make Micheal's the Muster Station for the Suite Guests.

32 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That's what I was thinking.  Just make Micheal's the Muster Station for the Suite Guests.

Or, they can completely change the procedure for the Muster drill. Several lines changed during Covid. Some used the interactive TV system.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yes, and then they can add "priority access to lifeboats during an emergency" to the list of Retreat perks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orator said:

Or, they can completely change the procedure for the Muster drill. Several lines changed during Covid. Some used the interactive TV system.

You're referring to the muster drill. Nothing about muster stations has changed AFAIK.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Makes no sense on M class where, for example, suites are aft and mid, and Michael's is forward.

BTW... change to suite only access ca. 2014.  

22 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Before embarkation, appropriate staff are given a print-out of suite passengers, which includes names, photos and which suites they are in

I've long suspected this based upon a number of different encounters that would be difficult to explain any other way, but never had it confirmed.  Where did you tumble to that bit of information?