Adventure of the Seas 2022 disembarkation day - get off the ship!

Am I correct in assuming that everything (except breakfast places) is closed on the ship on disembarkation day?

Our disembarkation time will be one of the last slots and I’m wondering if I have any place to hide (like the gym) from my DW while she is frantically packing up everything.

Also, has anyone done the MDR in 2022 on disembarkation day?  How was it?  Or just the mobbed windjammer? 

12 minutes ago, Seannie said:

Am I correct in assuming that everything (except breakfast places) is closed on the ship on disembarkation day?

Our disembarkation time will be one of the last slots and I’m wondering if I have any place to hide (like the gym) from my DW while she is frantically packing up everything.

Also, has anyone done the MDR in 2022 on disembarkation day?  How was it?  Or just the mobbed windjammer? 

You are going to pack the night before and leave your luggage out in the hallway by 11 PM. There should only be a couple of things to pack in the morning. Bring a carryon or backpack with essentials and electronics to add PJ's and stuff in. 

Have an early breakfast in the MDR or Windjammer. Go back and pick up your bag. Pick up your luggage in the terminal and depart. 

Is that what you are asking? Please don't try to carry off your bags with a late departure slot. You will just clog up departure for everyone else. Let them handle your luggage. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seannie said:

I have any place to hide (like the gym) from my DW while she is frantically packing up everything.

Go up on the bow and enjoy the NY skyline.

Feel free to disembark with your luggage at any time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Or maybe you could help!

I was asking for this response obviously but DW is a first-born.  

She wants to be in charge and she doesn’t want anyone in her way.  Trust me on this one.

I’m better off hiding.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Seannie said:

She wants to be in charge and she doesn’t want anyone in her way.  Trust me on this one.

I’m better off hiding.

I do most of our packing except for whatever hubby wants in his backpack.   He usually sits on the balcony while I pack.

We always put our luggage out the night before and just have our small backpacks to take with us when getting off the ship.   So much nicer to do this.

Mdr and Wj are open for breakfast and will be very busy and chaotic.   We usually go when they first open to avoid the craziness.  Or we go to lounge and just get coffee and Danish.   Room service not available that morning.

24 minutes ago, Seannie said:

I’m better off hiding.

Glad you saw I was making a joke.  I don’t let hubby help either!!

32 minutes ago, Seannie said:

I’m better off hiding.

Thanks for the update.  Remind me of what cruise "NOT" to go on 😬🤣

Who actually "packs" to leave the ship.  We generally dump dirty clothes in the suitcases and shut them lol.  I do not fold dirty clothes.  Clean ones that weren't worn sometimes are kind of packed, but that's because we use packing cubes and can just zip those shut with the clean things inside.  

OP, I'm a first born too and I'll gladly have my DH do all the packing to go home.  Now, I do it before the cruise because I make sure we have everything we need and it's crosspacked.  When packing to go home, as long as everything is in bags and drawers and closets are empty, I don't really care.  

There is nowhere for you to hide.  Public spaces/bars/gym are closed and even the WJ closes early.   You're supposed to wait in your cabin to debark.

We always do MDR on the last morning.  We go to breakfast, come back to our cabin and wait for our time.  We pack the day before and put our bags out.  Someone said by 11, that varies by ship, some are by 10.

Edited by BND

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

You are going to pack the night before and leave your luggage out in the hallway by 11 PM. There should only be a couple of things to pack in the morning. Bring a carryon or backpack with essentials and electronics to add PJ's and stuff in. 

Have an early breakfast in the MDR or Windjammer. Go back and pick up your bag. Pick up your luggage in the terminal and depart. 

Is that what you are asking? Please don't try to carry off your bags with a late departure slot. You will just clog up departure for everyone else. Let them handle your luggage. :classic_smile:

I should’ve made it clear that the big suitcases will be packed the night before for crew pickup but with multiple kids there’s still a lot of carry on to pack.  I’m imagining a lot of last minute search and rescue of missing stuffed animals and blankies tucked inside Pullman compartments.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Thanks for the update.  Remind me of what cruise "NOT" to go on 😬🤣

Duuuuude I was looking forward to YOU being the one to help me hide.  Just one more for the road - a Bloody Mary on the Bow (Biker19 set me up with a good spot) on Disembarkation morn!  

Then again, the bars will probably be closed hah.