Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

9 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

Regarding being told that one has to rebook for a different date, something is "off" here.

Once pax have cancelled according to the proper terms and paid whatever penalties are in force, they should be "free agents", able to book whatever cruise they wish - including the same trip that might now be discounted - subject to availability.

I know of nothing in the Viking terms and conditions that restricts pax from selected future bookings just because they cancelled a prior trip - would love to see that if someone knows otherwise.

If Viking is inventing new booking rules to preclude pax from properly exercising contractual terms to their benefit, I'd be extremely disappointed. Hopefully, someone will cancel and rebook the next day to test this and let us know. 🍺🥌

CurlerRob -

I totally agree with you!  We had done this a couple times in the past with no issues (cancel at >120 days, pay the $100pp penalty, and book the same cruise at the sale price).

I do wonder if Viking has changed the rules this year however.  I could find nothing in writing on this.  Several phone calls to them shared the same result - no re-booking the same identical cruise.  So had our TA try.  Same result. 

TA did find a clever workaround - you can "transfer" the original booking to a future cruise  (keeping the same booking number).  Since we had just a $25 deposit pp, at some point we will just cancel that "dummy booking" and give up the $25.  We did some dummy cruise in 2025.   The TA then booked the promo cruise as a new booking #, saving thousands.  (on the itinerary we had just "given up").  Once room inventory freed up (takes a day), we even got our same cabin number back.   This probably works best if you haven't paid anything except the deposit.

FYI - looking forward to meeting you soon on our Saturn Iceland cruise!

Kent

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, mimijes said:

Just spoke to my TA. She checked with Viking and they said I would have to rebook for a different sailing. 
Oh well! ☹️

May I suggest having your TA call the L/A Office until they receive an agent that knows the booking rules. Sadly, dealing with L/A agents lacking in training/experience is all too common.

I expect my TA to ask the Viking agent on what grounds they are refusing to rebook the same cruise once you cancelled, as that is the question I would be asking my TA.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

I received AES23 by email - but it only listed 2 of the 10 cruises shown here. Weird.

Click "Check Availability".  Will open a new tab with all cruises listed with prices, then select "Learn More" for any cruise.  Will open a new page listing available dates with prices.  Select your date, then cabin categories will show prices.  You know the rest!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Click "Check Availability".  Will open a new tab with all cruises listed with prices, then select "Learn More" for any cruise.  Will open a new page listing available dates with prices.  Select your date, then cabin categories will show prices.  You know the rest!

👍👍👍

Mississippi Promo

Category Upgrade (V2-DV1)

Free Air

Offer Code FLS

Expires May 3, 2023

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/en/river/FLS/20230429.html

Offer FLS:
Offer valid on bookings made from Apr 29 to May 3, 2023. Cruise from $3,999 per person based on Dec 1, 2023 departure of Heart of Delta; select Dec 2023 departures of New Orleans & Southern Charms in categories V2-DV1; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Complimentary upgrade from Veranda to Deluxe Veranda (V1-DV1) valid on select dates. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by May 3, 2023. 2023: Pay in full by May 31, 2023. 2024: Pay in full by Jul 31, 2023. Offer expires May 3, 2023.

• Like 1

Great Lakes sale

Offer GLC23: Offer valid on bookings made from May 3 to May 31, 2023. FREE roundtrip airfare plus reduced cruise fares valid on select Jun–Aug 2023 departures of Great Lakes Collection; May 15, Aug 5 & 17, 2023 departures of Canadian Discovery; May 26, Jun 9 & Jul 7, 2023 departures of Undiscovered Great Lakes. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by May 31, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires May 31, 2023.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/en/expedition/GLC23/20230503/undiscovered-great-lakes.html?contid=30002025432_1000209554&utm_id=email_vrc.54804942&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54804942&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

Also one of my favorite lecturers, Russell Lee has a new video on Viking TV

https://viking.tv/tv/this-week-on-viking-tv/tuesdays/get-acquainted-with-the-great-lakes-with-guest-lecturer-russell-lee?contid=30002025432_1000209554&utm_id=email_vrc.54804942&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54804942&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

Mediterranean Quite Season FMA23

image.thumb.png.fcffc9fe4b70432f96f504cb9da8aeb8.png

Offer FMA23: Offer valid on bookings made from May 5 to May 31, 2023. $25 deposit plus up to FREE airfare valid on select Nov & Dec 6, 2023 departures of Cities of Antiquity & the Holy Land; Dec 20, 22, 2023 & Jan 3, 31, 2024 departures of Mediterranean Antiquities; Jan 10 & 24, 2024 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by May 31, 2023. 2023: Pay in full by May 31, 2023. 2024: Pay in full by Jul 31, 2023. Offer expires May 31, 2023. 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, milling73 said:

Did anyone see the recent sale code for South America cruises this Fall? Can you share please?

thank you!

If you click on the FMA23 promo link above there are some SA 2023 fall cruises included near the bottom of the page.

Edit: Try this link

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

2 hours ago, milling73 said:

Did anyone see the recent sale code for South America cruises this Fall? Can you share please?

thank you!

Just got these in the last two days -

South America Ocean is EBD

South America Expedition is EAN23

Both are good through the end of May

2 hours ago, starrmom999 said:

does anyone have a promo code for Malta, Morocco and Mediterranean for December 2024

No promo code required, it’s discounted under the current 25th anniversary sale.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/western-mediterranean/malta-morocco-and-the-mediterranean/pricing.html

30 minutes ago, lkear said:

Anyone know of any promo codes for grand European tour?

See post #660

Currently it’s EBD, the generic Early Booking Discount, which doesn’t really do anything as everyone gets the current discount if you go to the website link.

55 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

See post #660

Currently it’s EBD, the generic Early Booking Discount, which doesn’t really do anything as everyone gets the current discount if you go to the website link.

Try FMA23

Thank you for all the help … I am on the Neptune and want to book 2 more cruises but the want tell me the promo codes.  I found a link but because we are in Europe in sends me to the UK site that won’t work 

we want to book far eastern in Oct 2024 and Grand European in September 2025

any help with codes would be much appreciated 

just throw them out and I will try and give them to on board agent 

as Kim possible said … please and thank you 

I had a daughter and watched to much of her shows

• Like 1