Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

20 minutes ago, MaryLT28 said:

Thanks for the promo info as I don't seem to ever see them; we don't use a TA so maybe that is part of the issue.  We are also scheduled for Hong Kong to Bangkok in Oct and really hoping Hong Kong fully opens up in time. 

Have you joined either of the rollcalls that include our cruise?  If not, you should.  So far I think we are the only ones that are only on the HK to Bangkok segment.  

New promo I just received:  Sorry about the color.  Hard to cut and paste!

Reduced Fares
Special Airfare Offer
Plus, $25 Deposit

ASK FOR OFFER: EBD

BOOK NOW

This August, we are delighted to launch two new river ships that allow you to explore Egypt’s Nile River and Southeast Asia’s Mekong River in comfort. Both ships are inspired by our award-winning river and ocean ships with elegant Scandinavian design for which we are known, and their arrival is yet another milestone in our 25th anniversary year. The newest vessel in our fleet of Nile River ships, the Viking Osiris, hosts just 82 guests and is the most modern vessel on this legendary waterway. On the Mekong River, which winds its way through Vietnam and Cambodia, the new Viking Saigon hosts just 80 guests and offers panoramic views of one of the world’s most scenic regions. New departure dates are now available in 2023 and 2024, but staterooms are filling up quickly, so book your voyage today.

• Like 1

We received an email with a promo code (EBD) for the Longitudinal World Cruises on the repositioning of the Expedition ships.

Checked it out and it didn't change the regular prices and offers available to everyone on the website.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, Clay Clayton said:

He wanted to let me know that there was a “flash sale” on some with a 50% solo supplement. Had him email me and here’s what he said:

Pursuant to our phone conversation, the following itineraries have a 50% discount off the single supplement fee on Veranda or Deluxe Veranda cabins:

Iconic Western Mediterranean

Journey to Antiquities

Ancient Mediterranean Treasures

Greek Odyssey

Australia & New Zealand

Komodo & The Australian Coast

Bangkok, Bali & Beyond

Across the Bay of Bengal

Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities

Mediterranean Antiquities

This offer expires on 15 JUL 22 on select dates and while supplies last.

Earlier this month in a fit of IPS (Itchy Passport Syndrome) I had randomly called Viking asking about any reduced single supplements and was offered this  -  thus my Jan Med Treasures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just want to comment that I think it is really annoying and deceptive that viking doesn't disclose all available discounts.  I guess they find their marketing effective in gaining new clients however keeping loyal ones is just as important .  Recently booked a river cruise and was told no codes only to find out the next day there is indeed a wonderful code with free airfare.... Luckily I have a fabulous TA who got it for me however viking rep would not budge when I called before her.  Alls well that ends well but I am very  thankful to all on my travel buddies with good info!

• Like 5

In my 10 years of cruising Viking, I have just received my first "postcard".

Is it a river cruise promotion......no.

Is it an ocean cruise promotion......no.

It is for the Expedition cruise, Antarctic Explorer  for the period October 2022 to March 2023.

Fares starting at $9,995 with free business airfare with suites.

Promotion code ANT22   Expires 8/31.

Savings is substantial for the cheapest categories, but is still what I consider to be expensive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if I missed it and this offer has already been posted, but I just saw a thick brochure and cover letter my mother got from Viking that includes an offer WOV22 which provides between $500 and $2000 of cabin credit, depending on the trip length, for selected itineraries.  See the screen image for more details.  Offer expires August 31, 2022.  

It seems to be a pretty attractive offer to me but the big downside is that it looks to require very early payment for sail dates that are further out.

B6C90B7A-1FAB-4A54-8D06-A8791749A450.jpeg

Edited by slewis7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a follow up to my previous post, I tried the “Price & Build” function of the Viking web site to find dates for a few of the specified itineraries for the offer which included the free air.  This Price & Build function allows entering an offer code but web site told me the WOV22 offer code was either expired or invalid every time.  

I then chatted online with a Viking representative, who told me that the code was valid but it does not provide for free air (which contradicts the flyer).  The rep also told me to search around for better offer codes.  

I guess I will try to work with my travel agent instead, but not a good experience. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for posting a clearer version of WOV22.

To be fair, the offer does say "up to free airfare".  And I know the "up to free airfare" applies to the "Grand European Tour" river cruise.  How do I know?.........That river cruise always offers free air.

it is somewhat unnerving to have to play this game...how do I get the best price and most perks!!  We have many nights aboard Viking ships...Ocean and River...why can't they just offer us the best price when I call and ask to spend $$$ onXYZ cruise!  Frustrating.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, slewis7 said:

As a follow up to my previous post, I tried the “Price & Build” function of the Viking web site to find dates for a few of the specified itineraries for the offer which included the free air.  This Price & Build function allows entering an offer code but web site told me the WOV22 offer code was either expired or invalid every time.  

I then chatted online with a Viking representative, who told me that the code was valid but it does not provide for free air (which contradicts the flyer).  The rep also told me to search around for better offer codes.  

I guess I will try to work with my travel agent instead, but not a good experience. 🤨

you have to call viking to get this code applied but it works.  I got 500 onboard credit for an ocean cruise that is 15 days.

Wondering if you can use more than one code per cruise?  I used RVR23 for a river cruise and received free air but wondering if WOV22 would also give onboard credit...

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, I was able to use the Price & Build web site function and successfully apply the RVR23 code with a river itinerary sailing in 2023 I was looking at.  

I had just received an email from my travel agency this morning that references the RVR23 code.  From what I can tell, this code applies to river cruises for selected 2023 dates and provides free international air fare from some gateways as well as the $25 deposit.  The offer expires August 31.

Regarding the $25 deposit: if you are booking a cruise and you don’t have any existing Viking bookings, I believe you would have to pay in full 12 months prior to the sailing.  In that case, it seems that the low deposit is not at all helpful unless the sailing occurs well over a year after your booking date.  Anything sailing within 12 months of your booking date, you will need to pay in full at booking time.  Right?

14 minutes ago, slewis7 said:

Interestingly enough, I was able to use the Price & Build web site function and successfully apply the RVR23 code with a river itinerary sailing in 2023 I was looking at.  

I had just received an email from my travel agency this morning that references the RVR23 code.  From what I can tell, this code applies to river cruises for selected 2023 dates and provides free international air fare from some gateways as well as the $25 deposit.  The offer expires August 31.

Regarding the $25 deposit: if you are booking a cruise and you don’t have any existing Viking bookings, I believe you would have to pay in full 12 months prior to the sailing.  In that case, it seems that the low deposit is not at all helpful unless the sailing occurs well over a year after your booking date.  Anything sailing within 12 months of your booking date, you will need to pay in full at booking time.  Right?

Generally speaking you are correct, however, some of us have experienced shorter final payment times.  For example, we booked our October 2022 Ocean cruise in mid May 2022 (prior to the $25 deposit) and I expected final payment to be due within a day or three of booking. Instead for some unknown reason it wasn’t due until the end of July 2022. Unfortunately Viking canceled that cruise yesterday😢

Do bear in mind that the 6 month PIF date if you have a cruise already booked isn’t automatic. You have to ask for it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Generally speaking you are correct, however, some of us have experienced shorter final payment times.  For example, we booked our October 2022 Ocean cruise in mid May 2022 (prior to the $25 deposit) and I expected final payment to be due within a day or three of booking. Instead for some unknown reason it wasn’t due until the end of July 2022. Unfortunately Viking canceled that cruise yesterday😢

Do bear in mind that the 6 month PIF date if you have a cruise already booked isn’t automatic. You have to ask for it. 

Definitely ask for the delayed final payment.  We took advantage of the $25 deposit deal and booked a 2024 ocean cruise.  We have a paid in full cruise scheduled for this October.  I asked to delay final payment, and they gave me October 1, 2023, which is 6 months before sailing.

Edited by Ktwofish
  • Like 3

It puzzles me how Viking UK and Viking US/CA operate different promotions. In the UK airfare is always included in all prices, promotions or otherwise. Yet in North America you have to pay for airfare unless promoted as a free airfare offer, like the one above AFA22. 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Selion said:

Thanks for posting.

Did not receive it.  As another poster said, if you are currently booked -- I am -- email promos seem to stop.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Edited by FetaCheese
addl info
  • Like 1