Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

I received an email from Viking yesterday with the promo code JUL4.  It's $25 deposit for expedition, ocean and river cruises.  Here's the text:

This year marks our 25th anniversary, and to celebrate, we are offering you the opportunity to book any voyage with a $25 deposit during our Independence Day Sale. Whether you wish to explore the rivers of Europe, trace the shores of the Mediterranean or journey to Antarctica, there is no better time to start exploring the world in comfort. We look forward to welcoming you on board in 2023.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, burnabyjean said:

17 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

I received an email from Viking yesterday with the promo code JUL4.  It's $25 deposit for expedition, ocean and river cruises.  Here's the text:

This year marks our 25th anniversary, and to celebrate, we are offering you the opportunity to book any voyage with a $25 deposit during our Independence Day Sale. Whether you wish to explore the rivers of Europe, trace the shores of the Mediterranean or journey to Antarctica, there is no better time to start exploring the world in comfort. We look forward to welcoming you on board in 2023.

Thanks to you both for posting. I tried it on the US website and while it doesn’t appear to apply to the cruise I want to book it does for lots of others. 

Hopefully others will continue to post as they get promos🤞

You don’t need a promo code for this,  it is the overall July promotion and is listed on the website.  I booked two cruises for next year yesterday just calling in.  So I wonder what the difference between a promo Cade and the monthly promotion really is?

• Like 1

Clay, check again.  According to the Viking newsletter I got this morning, it applies to everything.

Last month, in celebration of our 25th anniversary year, we introduced a $25 deposit for our river voyages. And now, we are expanding this special offer to our ocean and expedition itineraries. With so many destinations to choose from, you can journey to the places that top your travel wish list, in comfort.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SantaFe1 said:

You don’t need a promo code for this,  it is the overall July promotion and is listed on the website.  I booked two cruises for next year yesterday just calling in.  So I wonder what the difference between a promo Cade and the monthly promotion really is?

The promos we have received and used via email before have included one or more of the following:

-Category Upgrade 

-Reduced Price

-Silver Spirits

-Air

-Shipboard Credit

For our October 🤞 cruise we paid $1000pp less than the website price for a V2 and are in a D2-could have been a D1 but the last one disappeared while Inwas booking😢 and got all the perks above. In the past we have usually only gotten the upgrade and air. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clay Clayton said:

The promos we have received and used via email before have included one or more of the following:

-Category Upgrade 

-Reduced Price

-Silver Spirits

-Air

-Shipboard Credit

For our October 🤞 cruise we paid $1000pp less than the website price for a V2 and are in a D2-could have been a D1 but the last one disappeared while Inwas booking😢 and got all the perks above. In the past we have usually only gotten the upgrade and air. 

Thanks.  On our first Viking cruise, 5 years ago, we got a choice of things, like gratuities, or silver spirits, etc.  I have gotten shipboard credit on a few, but not through a promo code.  
This time, we got final payment 4 1/2 months out on one of the cruises!  This is unheard of for Viking.  And all I did was ask the agent what was the best he could do for me.  

12 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Clay, check again.  According to the Viking newsletter I got this morning, it applies to everything.

Last month, in celebration of our 25th anniversary year, we introduced a $25 deposit for our river voyages. And now, we are expanding this special offer to our ocean and expedition itineraries. With so many destinations to choose from, you can journey to the places that top your travel wish list, in comfort.”

I misspoke, it does apply but it shows up on the website before even inputting the code.  While a reduced deposit is nice, I’m hoping for more😂 so will wait and hope it doesn’t sell out. At this point, only ES1 and PJS are gone. Everything else is available.  If anyone would like to book the Owner’s Suite ($19,999 pp)on our behalf I will be happy to provide our contact information. 😊

2 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Thanks.  On our first Viking cruise, 5 years ago, we got a choice of things, like gratuities, or silver spirits, etc.  I have gotten shipboard credit on a few, but not through a promo code.  
This time, we got final payment 4 1/2 months out on one of the cruises!  This is unheard of for Viking.  And all I did was ask the agent what was the best he could do for me.  

I didn’t even ask and for some reason final payment for our Oct 27 cruise was due on June 30!  I started a thread and there doesn’t seem to be a pattern I can discern of who is getting the more generous PIF dates and who is still having to pay 12 months ahead. 

• Like 1

Received a V brochure a few days ago.  "Independence Day Sale". Has same offer: JUL4.  Rivers, Oceans, Exp.  Has $25 dep., and many cruises featured.  Some have free air, others list  air price.  V had been offering free air on some river itins for a couple months, Grand Euro Tour among them.  I do hope, and expect, an excellent TA would have access to all current offers.  From another CC topic, I learned about TA consortiums, or consortia.  Searched net, and learned about them, what they are, and can do.  (Also learned both terms are correct)! Discovered my online TA belongs to a very large one, and is highly rated.  Now I understand how they can offer such generous OBC and perks.  Thank you to that poster (FlatBushFlyer?) who discussed it. Think it was topic about using/not using TAs.

Edited by FetaCheese
Edit
  • Like 2

Just got a phone call from a Viking rep I had contacted a couple of weeks ago unsuccessfully trying to shake out a discounted solo rate for DMIL on a cruise we thought she might like.  

He wanted to let me know that there was a “flash sale” on some with a 50% solo supplement. Had him email me and here’s what he said:

Pursuant to our phone conversation, the following itineraries have a 50% discount off the single supplement fee on Veranda or Deluxe Veranda cabins:

Iconic Western Mediterranean

Journey to Antiquities

Ancient Mediterranean Treasures

Greek Odyssey

Australia & New Zealand

Komodo & The Australian Coast

Bangkok, Bali & Beyond

Across the Bay of Bengal

Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities

Mediterranean Antiquities

This offer expires on 15 JUL 22 on select dates and while supplies last.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great idea, hopefully we can keep the side "chatter" to a minimum so as to keep the thread readable.

We also booked a river cruise using a promo code which popped up in a targeted FB ad around Memorial Day. $25 deposit and free airfare. I'm pretty sure I looked at the "standard" website at the time, and the airfare was not free. So I booked thru Viking and later transferred to my TA.

• Like 1

I am really appreciating this thread.  We have booked our first Viking River and Ocean for May 2023.  We booked through a Viking agent and got zero perks.  Since we have had to pay our final payment already, if a promo code comes up, will we be able to take advantage of it?  We would love to have gratuities, SSP, OBC, anything.  This will be our first cruise without any onboard credit.

Thank you for any info!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fount said:

I am really appreciating this thread.  We have booked our first Viking River and Ocean for May 2023.  We booked through a Viking agent and got zero perks.  Since we have had to pay our final payment already, if a promo code comes up, will we be able to take advantage of it?  We would love to have gratuities, SSP, OBC, anything.  This will be our first cruise without any onboard credit.

Thank you for any info!

You would most likely have to cancel then rebook. You could lose perks from the original booking, and cruise and air fare may have increased since your original booking. You also will most likely not be able to keep your original cabin. Having said all that, I have rebooked a couple of times and did save money. Just be sure to do all the math.

9 hours ago, Squawkman said:

You would most likely have to cancel then rebook. You could lose perks from the original booking, and cruise and air fare may have increased since your original booking. You also will most likely not be able to keep your original cabin. Having said all that, I have rebooked a couple of times and did save money. Just be sure to do all the math.

Thank you so much for this info.  I believe the cabin category is all sold out.  We know we're going to have a great time without any perks!  

8 hours ago, fount said:

Thank you so much for this info.  I believe the cabin category is all sold out.  We know we're going to have a great time without any perks!  

I am sure you will.  If you haven’t already discovered it, you might want to review the thread for those new to Viking. It has lots of advice and tips to make the most of your cruise. 
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2416372-tips-for-new-viking-ocean-cruisers/page/62/#comment-62141739

9 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I am sure you will.  If you haven’t already discovered it, you might want to review the thread for those new to Viking. It has lots of advice and tips to make the most of your cruise. 
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2416372-tips-for-new-viking-ocean-cruisers/page/62/#comment-62141739

Thank you Clay!  Yes, I have really enjoyed reading that thread!  I've learned so much!

• Like 1

I returned from a 10-day vacation this week to find 4 (!) Viking brochures in my mailbox: 2 of the skinny folded booklets, one envelope with a detailed Antarctica brochure and one large envelope containing an almost 1/2 inch book with river, ocean and expedition cruise info.  The latter mailing included a sheet of paper detailing offer code WOV22 offering $25 deposits, varying airfare & shipboard credit deals depending on the itinerary.  When I do a sample booking on the Viking website for several of the listed itineraries and put in the offer code I get the error “The code entered is either invalid or has expired. Please enter a valid offer code.”  Per the mailing the offer is valid 7/15 - 8/31/22 and appears to apply to travel years through 2024.  

Has anyone tried to use this offer code with any luck?  I’m going to run it by my TA but I like to do my research ahead of time.

2B4B2A75-EB83-4D47-BE5C-75AC6960C00C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LisaDee said:

I returned from a 10-day vacation this week to find 4 (!) Viking brochures in my mailbox: 2 of the skinny folded booklets, one envelope with a detailed Antarctica brochure and one large envelope containing an almost 1/2 inch book with river, ocean and expedition cruise info.  The latter mailing included a sheet of paper detailing offer code WOV22 offering $25 deposits, varying airfare & shipboard credit deals depending on the itinerary.  When I do a sample booking on the Viking website for several of the listed itineraries and put in the offer code I get the error “The code entered is either invalid or has expired. Please enter a valid offer code.”  Per the mailing the offer is valid 7/15 - 8/31/22 and appears to apply to travel years through 2024.  

Has anyone tried to use this offer code with any luck?  I’m going to run it by my TA but I like to do my research ahead of tit

Perhaps a call to V to inquire.

I checked with my PCC to see if it would be applicable to any of my currently booked cruises, and he wasn’t even willing to check to see if it would be a better deal.  I tried online and couldn’t find any of our cruises that the code would work for.  Very curious now…

Here's a promo code for Antarctic trips:

Antarctic Explorer

13 DAYS | Buenos Aires to Ushuaia

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &
FREE International Airfare
Plus, Newly Reduced Fares

ASK FOR OFFER: ARC22

ENDS AUG 31, 2022

Oct–Dec 2022;
Jan–Mar 2023 Departures

• Like 1

Thanks for the promo info as I don't seem to ever see them; we don't use a TA so maybe that is part of the issue.  We are also scheduled for Hong Kong to Bangkok in Oct and really hoping Hong Kong fully opens up in time.