Aft Haven Rooms (Getaway)

KKB

So Haven is forward...and I am seeing discounted upgrade bids on these.

I do like an Aft cabin but is something lost in the experience being on the other end of the ship (and potentially several floors down?)

I realize if I bid on these that I have a better shot at getting my offer...but the distance from Haven is a concern.

(those Aft cabins are also requiring a bit more minimum bid than the Courtyard & Forward Facing penthouses)

Thanks!

Edited by KKB

If you want the largest balconies, you want some of the aft-facing suites. For me, nothing is lost by being at the opposite end of the ship and a few decks down. Others may feel differently.

Having 2 full bathrooms with a large balcony is better for us than the 2BR Family suite that's located within the Haven enclave.

Personally, I would book directly instead of bidding. I'm particular when it comes to balcony size and stateroom configuration of the aft-facing suites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was on the Breakaway (sister ship) in May in Aft Haven. We loved it.  I spent so much time just lounging on my Balcony.  I do not mind walking and we were on deck 13 so it was only a couple decks up, it took less than 5 minutes to get to the Haven area. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jlabs03 said:

I spent so much time just lounging on my Balcony.  I do not mind walking and we were on deck 13...

Deck 13 has the smallest aft-facing balconies and you still enjoyed lounging. Imagine being on a huge balcony such as deck 9 or 12.

• Like 1

Just now, Two Wheels Only said:

Deck 13 has the smallest aft-facing balconies and you still enjoyed lounging. Imagine being on a huge balcony such as deck 9 or 12.

In March 2023 I have an Aft Haven on deck 12 on the Breakaway so I will get to see the differences.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Personally, I would book directly instead of bidding. I'm particular when it comes to balcony size and stateroom configuration of the aft-facing suites.

I got a good deal as a solo in a balcony & the bid options are so good I could possibly get Haven for half of the booking directly price--truly my ONLY reason for bidding. 

I could never justify full price. I'd rather cruise more.

5 minutes ago, KKB said:

I got a good deal as a solo in a balcony & the bid options are so good I could possibly get Haven for half of the booking directly price--truly my ONLY reason for bidding. 

I could never justify full price. I'd rather cruise more.

Even the "worst" aft-facing suite is still sweet. 😊

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Even the "worst" aft-facing suite is still sweet. 😊

Loved our Aft balconies on Celebrity Constellation & Edge.

Plus I actually LIKE the walk--very easy to get my steps in w/o trying!

We truly do not care but I figured I'd never get a chance to get Haven for such a deal so should give it a go.

I'm happy with my standard balcony if not--I love the location.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KKB said:

(those Aft cabins are also requiring a bit more minimum bid than the Courtyard & Forward Facing penthouses)

We were in a forward facing penthouse on Getaway in February. The cabin was huge - but the balcony was really small. Really only big enough for one person to enjoy comfortably. So if a big balcony is your aim, go for the aft facing cabins.

6 hours ago, KKB said:

So Haven is forward...and I am seeing discounted upgrade bids on these. I do like an Aft cabin but is something lost in the experience being on the other end of the ship (and potentially several floors down?) I realize if I bid on these that I have a better shot at getting my offer...but the distance from Haven is a concern. (those Aft cabins are also requiring a bit more minimum bid than the Courtyard & Forward Facing penthouses) Thanks!

The Aft suites give you a lot more space than the penthouse rooms in the Haven (which are glorified balcony rooms). 

35%-40% of the Haven rooms are not in the Haven complex. There are Aft Facing Haven, Forward Facing Haven, and Haven Spa rooms which are all outside the complex. So, you are not alone and it is up to you how much you use the Haven facilities. (We like the forward facing Haven since they are the cheapest and give you extra space in the separate living room). 

We sailed in 9316 on the Getaway.  Our balcony was ENORMOUS.  

More than made up for the walk to the haven proper, which we rarely used outside of meal times anyway.

From what we had read, it was the largest balcony on the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wil e coyote said:

We were in a forward facing penthouse on Getaway in February. The cabin was huge - but the balcony was really small. Really only big enough for one person to enjoy comfortably. So if a big balcony is your aim, go for the aft facing cabins.

LOL I saw it in the video--but it is only me this time!

So I have Sailed in the Forward Facing and the 2 bedrooms' Haven Suites. I agree, the forward facing Balcony is absolutly tiny! But the Bedroom is huge, with a forward facing window which was nice. the bathroom was also very large!

Now the 2 bedroom is the way to go!, Bathroom is amzing floor to ceiling windows in shower and Tub!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

So I have Sailed in the Forward Facing and the 2 bedrooms' Haven Suites. I agree, the forward facing Balcony is absolutly tiny! But the Bedroom is huge, with a forward facing window which was nice. the bathroom was also very large!

Now the 2 bedroom is the way to go!, Bathroom is amzing floor to ceiling windows in shower and Tub!

The 2BR seems a bit wasteful for just me.😉

• Haha 1

If you enjoy great views, glorious sunrises, superb sunsets and romantic stargazing, then the Aft Haven is for you. Guaranteed it is a long walk to Haven proper but the Aft Haven is probably the best cabin on the ship. If you never do it again, do it at least Once.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

If you enjoy great views, glorious sunrises, superb sunsets and romantic stargazing, then the Aft Haven is for you. Guaranteed it is a long walk to Haven proper but the Aft Haven is probably the best cabin on the ship. If you never do it again, do it at least Once.

Doubt I will ever be up early enough for a sunrise...night owl here.

We did love our aft balcony on Constellation & Edge so that I know i will enjoy.

• Like 1

We sailed in 2020 on the Getaway in an Aft Cabin, 14th deck,  I think 14872.
It was a total of 5 minutes to the Haven private area, a walk we never minded and since we were on deck 14 and the entrance was on 16 we always used the stairs.
Having a living room and a separate bedroom was fantastic, and especially handy when the butler brought breakfast in the morning as he didn't have to disturb us, just set up and go.
The rooms also have two bathrooms, which isn't super important to use, but does come in handy.
As for the deck, ours was not one of the super sized, but it was more than enough for us. We hosted a party on the deck with 14 people in attendance, and there still was room for more. Being aft, we never had a bad wind, we didn't experience soot as some have, and watching the wake while underway was incredibly relaxing. Additionally we really enjoyed the 250--270 degree view while in port.
Note -- the window washing trolley is stored alongside the aft on deck 14 on the Getaway, so the view forward along the ship is partially obstructed.
In conclusion, for us, we love the aft cabin and have booked it for our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise. LIke any cabin on board, it has its pluses and minuses. For us the pluses far out way the couple minuses.

• Like 4

I’ve sailed twice in the aft PH on the Getaway deck 9 - and will book that location again in a heartbeat! I honestly didn’t mind the 5 minute walk to the Haven restaurant.

Another bonus for me was the fact that the Haven bar always seems to have the same people sitting there for hours - sometimes making it difficult to even get a drink let alone a seat. With the Prime Meridian bar on deck 8 directly below us, we just ran up and down the stairs. The bartenders there are just as fabulous and got to know us well. Sure we didn’t get the fancy smoked drinks - which I wouldn’t drink anyway - but they had their own “specials” that they would make up for us. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1