Updates To Deposit Policy

shepherd really

4 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Maybe if I had transferred to a TA.   I will only transfer to a TA when I have finalized the price.  I will then confirm the amount of refundable OBC before I transfer.

I have used the same travel agent for my last 3 Oceania cruises, but still want to know what perks I am getting before the transfer.

Then you understand the drill with what happens when you call O’s 1-800 line. Not sure what your complaints are. Enjoy your cruise.

Just now, roberts2005 said:

Maybe if I had transferred to a TA.   I will only transfer to a TA when I have finalized the price.  I will then confirm the amount of refundable OBC before I transfer.

I have used the same travel agent for my last 3 Oceania cruises, but still want to know what perks I am getting before the transfer.

As regards TA transfer, what you are doing is what most savvy folks do, at least until they are comfortable with a particular agency and agent. Even then, having a backup is the smart thing to do. What some posters here on CC seem to forget is that their trusted agent today can be gone tomorrow (quit, retire, ill or worse).

Note as well that I am not suggesting any kind of bidding activity among TAs. Rather, it is often the case that a particular travel agency or its consortium is currently in a better position with OCAPP et al. incentive funds to do more for your deal. And if you do multiple cruises annually, each agent you trust may still get plenty of your business.

6 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Again, appreciate the advice.  By the time of this cruise we will be over 10.  My TA normally will provide close to 10% refundable OBC..  I will ask about any additional OBC in lieu of needing gratuities.

I’ll transfer as soon as I confirm everything with the onboard ambassador.

Hope to meet you in October.

We’ll see you at the Meet & Greet!

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Then you understand the drill with what happens when you call O’s 1-800 line. Not sure what your complaints are. Enjoy your cruise.

No complaints.  Happy for the advice and the results.

Would have never known about the Onboard booking discount being available for 30 days prior as well.

That and being reminded rates were going up July 1.

Overall I saved $ 2,200.00.   If I waited till I was onboard, I would have saved only $1,000.00

On 6/30/2022 at 1:57 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Do you realize that prices are going up on July 1?

So, I just checked and the fare for my category went down $100.  Lots of availability in all but the top and bottom three categories.

Lesson learned, don't believe everything someone posts on the internet.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

So, I just checked and the fare for my category went down $100.  Lots of availability in all but the top and bottom three categories.

Don’t shoot the messenger. Many prices for the most desirable itineraries went up while hard to sell stuff went down.

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

See post #7 😉

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LNielsen said:

Our deposit for a 22 day Stockholm to Dublin in 2024 was $500/pp when we booked on board in May.    

Yes GV  are usually more for  the deposit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Yes GV  are usually more for  the deposit

I wasn’t aware it was considered a GV, I never really knew where that threshold was.  Thank you.  

Our upcoming 30 day next year I would assume is. That sucker set us back $1,500/pp, not booked on board.    

The 22 day we had booked for this this year, we cancelled, was $750/pp as was the 10 day we did back in May.  I think that’s where I get confused.

14 minutes ago, LNielsen said:

I wasn’t aware it was considered a GV, I never really knew where that threshold was.  Thank you.  

Our upcoming 30 day next year I would assume is. That sucker set us back $1,500/pp, not booked on board.    

The 22 day we had booked for this this year, we cancelled, was $750/pp as was the 10 day we did back in May.  I think that’s where I get confused.

If you check O  website  & click GV   it will show cruise  usually consisting of 2 or more segments

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/cruise-finder#time_frame=2023-1|2023-2|2023-3|2023-4|2023-5|2023-6|2023-7|2023-8|2023-9|2023-10|2023-11|2023-12&marketing_region=grandvoyages&sort=featured:desc&page=1&pageSize=10

Also if you do manage to book a true B2B  they will ding you  for each cruise  $750 pp

I am sure the expert here will have something to say as to why this is 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If you check O  website  & click GV   it will show cruise  usually consisting of 2 or more segments

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/cruise-finder#time_frame=2023-1|2023-2|2023-3|2023-4|2023-5|2023-6|2023-7|2023-8|2023-9|2023-10|2023-11|2023-12&marketing_region=grandvoyages&sort=featured:desc&page=1&pageSize=10

Also if you do manage to book a true B2B  they will ding you  for each cruise  $750 pp

I am sure the expert here will have something to say as to why this is 😉

Your link was quite helpful. Thank you.  Yes, the 2024 - 22 day does fall under GV. I must have missed that in the brochure, or it didn’t indicate it.   Whatever the case may be, I appreciate your insight.  

On 6/30/2022 at 1:45 PM, shepherd really said:

Just got this forwarded from my travel agent in regard to deposits and cancellations:

Updates To Deposit Policy
Please be advised of the following updates that will go into effect on July 1, 2022 for new bookings only.
  • For standard cruises where the deposit is currently $750 USD per guest, the new deposit amount will change to $500 USD per guest.
  • For standard cruises where the deposit is currently $1000 CAD per guest, the new deposit amount will change to $750 CAD per guest.

I looked on the O website and it is still showing the $750 deposit and has not been updated to $500.  Does anyone know if the deposit for suite guests has also been reduced?

Frankly, the 20% deposit for suite guests is ridiculously high compared to the other cruise lines we travel on.  And in this time of covid and the financial problems of the cruise industry, I am really reluctant to loan Oceania $6000 (for a $30,000 cruise) for over one year.

7 minutes ago, goletans said:

We booked a cruise yesterday and the deposit was $500 pp. However, they increased from 120 days to 180 days when their administrative fee of $500 for any cancellations goes into effect.   

How long was the cruise you booked??

Usually 15 days +  the  penalty  period is  180 days

44 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Frankly, the 20% deposit for suite guests is ridiculously high compared to the other cruise lines we travel on.  And in this time of covid and the financial problems of the cruise industry, I am really reluctant to loan Oceania $6000 (for a $30,000 cruise) for over one year.

I wonder if it because there are less top suites than other lines

People may book at the lower deposit then cancel when penalty phase kicks in    ..holding the cabin in limbo

7 minutes ago, goletans said:

20 days

It has  been 180 days  for many years  so not a change  in policy

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Cruises of less than 15 Days:

DAYS PRIOR
TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT

• 91-120 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++
  • 76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Cruises 15 days or longer except 180-Day Voyages:

DAYS PRIOR
TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT

• 151-180 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++
  • 121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Before we did our B2B on the Sirena from Istanbul to Southampton, we had our TA book 2 Vista cruises in 2024 that had just been released. While onboard I asked the Oceania Club Ambassador to see about the onboard booking discounts. As we had booked them within the 30 days prior she happily reran them to get us and additional $400 booking savings for each plus the (two) $100 OBCs for us to use. My impression was this was SOP so no big deal.  

• Thanks 1