Anyone book several cruises with that $1 deposit?

KKB

Booked a B2B2B in late 2023.  14 Day Queensland, 4 Day Southern Australia, and 14 Day New Zealand. Now my wife has started looking at the two cruises on the same ship that are just before these cruises. 24 Day Hawaii/Tahiti South Pacific Crossing (SF to Sydney) followed by a 2 Day Australia Seacation that would get us from Sydney to Melbourne where the currently booked cruises start. I'm not sure if I'm up for 58 days on Grand Princess. (Not to mention we would have to pay for the cruises!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I've booked six, two for summer 2023 (Northern Lights and Iceland/Greenand) and 4 in March-April 2024 for Australia/NZ.  Trying to decide if I go Sydney to Hong Kong and fly home or do a trans-pac from Sydney to SF as the concluding cruise.  I booked both and have over a year to decide which to do.  

However, unless the website's been u[dated, the 2024 cruises are not showing as $1.00 deposits, although my PVP assures me that this is not the case.

Edited by DCThunder

It's for every cruise I looked into. I booked one for September (not sure if the timing will work) and another for August 2023.

Took several minutes to login, but worth it to have two essentially on long term hold. 

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

I've booked six, two for summer 2023 (Northern Lights and Iceland/Greenand) and 4 in March-April 2024 for Australia/NZ.  Trying to decide if I go Sydney to Hong Kong and fly home or do a trans-pac from Sydney to SF as the concluding cruise.  I booked both and have over a year to decide which to do.  

However, unless the website's been u[dated, the 2024 cruises are not showing as $1.00 deposits, although my PVP assures me that this is not the case.

I think your PVP is wrong...it says 2022 & 2023 under Cruise Deals on the Princess website

Edited by KKB
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Gee....$1 to hold a cruise with zero return or one FCD gets you OBC.   Hmmmmm

Nice to book some "possibilities" without tying up $.

• Like 6

I learned today that the $1 deposit promotion does NOT include Full Suites even though there is no disclaimer of this on the Princess website. I tried to book a Window Suite on the Grand Princess and it showed the deposit of $1000 for two people. I then did a mock booking for a balcony and that did show the deposit as $2 for two people. So I did a Live Chat and was told that Full Suites are not included in the $1 deposits. I was told that the information sheet they have there specifically excludes Full Suites so I suggested the person on the chat to to the website under Cruise Deals and look for themselves. He came back and said I was correct but there was nothing he could do even after escalating to a supervisor. I told the rep this really felt like a 'bait & switch' scenario.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Gee....$1 to hold a cruise with zero return or one FCD gets you OBC.   Hmmmmm

Yeah... Stupidly I have no FCDs available to use. It is entirely my (okay, our) fault. When one fails so miserably to prepare it's good to at least have a fallback so we booked under the $1 promo.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, bagney said:

I learned today that the $1 deposit promotion does NOT include Full Suites even though there is no disclaimer of this on the Princess website. I tried to book a Window Suite on the Grand Princess and it showed the deposit of $1000 for two people. I then did a mock booking for a balcony and that did show the deposit as $2 for two people. So I did a Live Chat and was told that Full Suites are not included in the $1 deposits. I was told that the information sheet they have there specifically excludes Full Suites so I suggested the person on the chat to to the website under Cruise Deals and look for themselves. He came back and said I was correct but there was nothing he could do even after escalating to a supervisor. I told the rep this really felt like a 'bait & switch' scenario.

uh, no

†$1 Deposits applies to full, standard deposits only and shall not further reduce already reduced or discounted deposits. Discount already reflected on listed/advertised deposits. Offer is valid on new bookings made between June 30, 2022 and July 5, 2022, for all Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. cruises up to 55 days. Suite category staterooms and cruises in which final payment is required are not eligible for this offer. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and may not be combined with other offers.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, voljeep said:

uh, no

†$1 Deposits applies to full, standard deposits only and shall not further reduce already reduced or discounted deposits. Discount already reflected on listed/advertised deposits. Offer is valid on new bookings made between June 30, 2022 and July 5, 2022, for all Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. cruises up to 55 days. Suite category staterooms and cruises in which final payment is required are not eligible for this offer. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and may not be combined with other offers.

This is a screen shot I took of the $1 Deposit Full Terms yesterday before 'chatting' with Princess and the language you have highlighted is NOT there - after my discussion with Princess and possibly others, they updated the language: 

13949D83-DFA4-4887-B129-15D42FC5812B_1_101_o.jpeg

Edited by bagney
Grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bagney said:

This is a screen shot I took of the $1 Deposit Full Terms yesterday before 'chatting' with Princess and the language you have highlighted is NOT there - after my discussion with Princess and possibly others, they updated the language: 

13949D83-DFA4-4887-B129-15D42FC5812B_1_101_o.jpeg

congrats - seems like Princess 'regularly' posts things and then lets its customers (beta group) figure out what all is wrong 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, KKB said:

I think your PVP is wrong...it says 2022 & 2023 under Cruise Deals on the Princess website

Well, I got the confirmations last night that had $1.00 deposits for 3 2024 Australia voyages, so I guess he was not wrong.

• Like 1

My TA called this morning as we needed to actually pay the deposits. I was going to give him my credit card number but he said he's traveling and would just use his own credit card. Guess he's willing to believe I'll pay him the $6 for our 3 cruises at a later date. 🤑

• Haha 4

Sadly, as pointed out above, full suites are not included and have no reduced deposit.  I would have been thrilled with any type of a discount on suite deposits, but nope. Were hoping to book 2024 New Zealand, and still might, but lost some of the excitement to pay $1600 deposit today when the room next door is being had for $1.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

My TA called this morning as we needed to actually pay the deposits. I was going to give him my credit card number but he said he's traveling and would just use his own credit card. Guess he's willing to believe I'll pay him the $6 for our 3 cruises at a later date. 🤑

He's a trusting soul, I guess...😀