Best Lobster Roll in Bar Harbor?

swdke

I can’t say which is the best but we enjoyed one at the West End Cafe About 5 years ago.  We are going back to Bar Harbor this Fall, so I am curious for other opinions.

• Like 3

Can't remember the location that I had a great lobster and my wife had a great fish platter.

The lobster is so sweet from the waters. I can't wait till we return and enjoy another one.

The lobster roll at the West End Cafe won my contest for best lobster roll of our entire NE/Canada cruise in Sept. 2019.  I will add that my wife's fish and chips was also delicious, and their blueberry pie (served warm, with vanilla ice cream) was the best piece of pie I've ever had.   (Sure would love to have that meal again now!)

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQZaPUka1PrigHx3SfLUI8zj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569763821

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQYUP0EolxgdfXKkXKPNPt3r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569763821

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQbA5hvHDM6JE4k0bjJ9MaEC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569763826

(photos by turtles06)

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

The lobster roll at the West End Cafe won my contest for best lobster roll of our entire NE/Canada cruise in Sept. 2019.

Argh — I meant West Street Cafe! (I must have had London on my mind. 😄)

• Like 1

If you are sailing on NCL, West Street Cafe is right across from where the tender lets you off.

Another "favorite" is Stewman's Lobster Pound, right next door to where the tender lets you off.

I'll admit, I was surprised. I expected the tender to drop off by the town pier further down, not next to the Harborside.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:49 AM, slewis7 said:

I can’t say which is the best but we enjoyed one at the West Street Cafe About 5 years ago.  We are going back to Bar Harbor this Fall, so I am curious for other opinions.

Ditto. Had great lobster roll there in 2019 and had first gone there in 2012. Get the combo of chowder, lobster roll, blueberry pie. YUM!

Edited by BAYA
corrected restaurant name
  • Thanks 1

While Stewman's has the great atmosphere of a lobster pound, you pay a premium for that waterfront seating. We had a tour guide suggest the West St Cafe since the prices are a little lower with it not having a water view.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2022 at 1:25 PM, M5M said:

Wondering about current "market price"....for lobster roll and/or whole lobster.  I understand fluctuations, but for September 2022.....any specific knowledge?  

we paid $20 for 3 0z lobster roll in Newport RI

we are now hitting the Canada stops and they have all been 4oz roll for $29.00CAD or $22,00 usa 

On 9/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, roxievegas said:

we paid $20 for 3 0z lobster roll in Newport RI

we are now hitting the Canada stops and they have all been 4oz roll for $29.00CAD or $22,00 usa 

Last month in Bar Harbor - price was $30 for a lobster roll....we took the blueberry pie instead and it was amazing!

19 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

So where do we find the best blueberry pie???

Having visited Bar Harbor several times, besides the baked goods there are many shops that sell many blueberry items and products to enjoy at home. When we brought items home, opening them brought memories of our visit to Bar Harbor, our most favorite New England Port of Call.

• Like 1

Right at the dock where they drop you off from your tender is a little hole in the wall (really small) you can get coffee, pastries, sandwiches.  The blueberry pie is $5.00, very good.  They have other stuff and it is very busy - 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2022 at 5:05 PM, Turtles06 said:

The lobster roll at the West End Cafe won my contest for best lobster roll of our entire NE/Canada cruise in Sept. 2019.  I will add that my wife's fish and chips was also delicious, and their blueberry pie (served warm, with vanilla ice cream) was the best piece of pie I've ever had.   (Sure would love to have that meal again now!)

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQZaPUka1PrigHx3SfLUI8zj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569763821

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQYUP0EolxgdfXKkXKPNPt3r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569763821

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQbA5hvHDM6JE4k0bjJ9MaEC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569763826

(photos by turtles06)

Maine blueberry pie is heavenly.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 5:44 PM, 1025cruise said:

In all honesty, you won't get a bad Lobstah roll in Bah Hahbah. Yes, some might be better, but you won't be upset at any choice you make.

We were in Bar Harbor in late September and went to the Dog & Pony Tavern.  While we enjoyed the beer and cider selection there, my wife and I agreed that their lobster roll was mediocre at best.  It was not very flavorful and the texture was off. 

• 4 weeks later...

Was there in October.... West St Cafe great and price was reasonable... Stewmans great and nice atmosphere... buy more $$$

Have been to Geddys also very pricey ($38 for lob roll)and I did not feel 'lobsta' roll was as good at all. No taste= cold fries. So busy we did not see our waiter again after we got our meal. very dissapointed

Just my experience

• 1 month later...