Vibe Passes Prepurchase

vacation44

I do love the ability to pre-purchase the Vibe passes.  It seemed so senseless having early arrivers rushing to buy the passes on embarkation.  I hope they save a few passes for people who don’t frequent the internet to buy once onboard much like they do for dining reservations.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mertziek said:

I do love the ability to pre-purchase the Vibe passes.  It seemed so senseless having early arrivers rushing to buy the passes on embarkation.  I hope they save a few passes for people who don’t frequent the internet to buy once onboard much like they do for dining reservations.

Ok, I can see a few being held back for the Haven guests and concierges; but I’m not sure if NCL will hold back if they can sell them out.  Still think this is a way to generate revenue and improve cash flow for NCL.  Seeing now that some people are able to add it to their bill instead of ore paying before final payment date.  I truly thought NCL was trying to improve their financial position right now. 

10 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

Will probably have to call NCL.   Single day passes might not be offered based on demand and advance sales.  

My understanding is that you can purchase single day passes on board, you can only pre-purchase passes for the length of your cruise, not single day. 

17 minutes ago, kapper said:

My understanding is that you can purchase single day passes on board, you can only pre-purchase passes for the length of your cruise, not single day. 

Good, glad to hear.  Of my five Vibe experiences, I’m only aware of single day passes being offered on board once.  Encore in February 2022.  I’m sure many others can chime in here, I just haven’t seen the day pass option for others.  

• Like 1

On the one hand, I like the idea of being able to purchase Vibe ahead of time, but I also enjoyed the "quest for Vibe passes"... I've never not been able to get them, and I'm one of those who arrived early to secure a group 1 boarding pass. After making it to Platinum, the quest became a bit easier, but there was still some strategy involved...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

On the one hand, I like the idea of being able to purchase Vibe ahead of time, but I also enjoyed the "quest for Vibe passes"... I've never not been able to get them, and I'm one of those who arrived early to secure a group 1 boarding pass. After making it to Platinum, the quest became a bit easier, but there was still some strategy involved...

I was teasing my wife and friends that this took the competition out of it!   Checking to see who was wearing tennis shoes vs flip flops (bad for running!), who was eyeballing the roped entrance, who was trying to bribe the port guy who takes the boarding group cards, who’s lining up way too early at the front only to see them get angry when Platinum went first, listening to the strategy sessions of others around you in the terminal.   Going to miss those days.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim The Lizard said:

I was teasing my wife and friends that this took the competition out of it!   Checking to see who was wearing tennis shoes vs flip flops (bad for running!), who was eyeballing the roped entrance, who was trying to bribe the port guy who takes the boarding group cards, who’s lining up way too early at the front only to see them get angry when Platinum went first, listening to the strategy sessions of others around you in the terminal.   Going to miss those days.  

I've seen (and done) practically all of those things before in my mission to score a Vibe pass... I was the guy standing right there by the rope instead of sitting in the general waiting area. The security people would tell me to go sit down, and I would just ignore them. 

I remember another time, I was in the waiting area talking to another passenger about my strategy. We both got up at the same time to be closer to the boarding rope, when at least fifty more people got up directly afterwards. I knew at that point that it was on... When I got up to the point where they scan your card, there was a lady there fumbling through her purse looking for her card. I reached over her shoulder and scanned my own card and proceeded past the pack. A few minutes later, the same lady arrived at Headliners to get in line for passes, and she was giving me dirty looks. Seems to me, that if she was experienced enough to know about Vibe, then she should have known that she needed to scan her card to get on the ship...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

We also have an 100% success rate going three for three with our two young adult children leading the way.    However, I will gladly give up the quest.  But, in all honestly, there is a sense of accomplishment and thrill when they hand you the little numbered vibe card.  

• Like 2

On the Getaway 8/29 to Bermuda.  Need to call NCL to book Vibe passes.  When pre-booking must book for entire length of cruise (no single days).  I spoke with a nice young man from NCL who needed to "look up" every item I asked about.  Be sure to question the amount you may be quoted at first as I believe it was first $500 for 2 x 5 days.  I explained I had read it was $20 pp/day.  Then re "rechecked" and the price was $179 pp/day or $358 for 2x 5 days.  I had read in this thread that others paid 179 as well so that sounded more accurate.  Comes to app. $35 pp/day....so much for 20 bucks a day but guess this went up like everything else these days.  I was just glad to get the passes.  BTW, you have the choice to prepay when ordering or reserve and add charge to your account to pay later.  Be aware that if you wait to pay you risk losing the pass by getting bumped for someone who wants to reserve and prepay (so I was told).  Only cruised NCL once so the Vibe will be new for us.  Hope its worth it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbrown5816 said:

On the Getaway 8/29 to Bermuda.  Need to call NCL to book Vibe passes.  When pre-booking must book for entire length of cruise (no single days).  I spoke with a nice young man from NCL who needed to "look up" every item I asked about.  Be sure to question the amount you may be quoted at first as I believe it was first $500 for 2 x 5 days.  I explained I had read it was $20 pp/day.  Then re "rechecked" and the price was $179 pp/day or $358 for 2x 5 days.  I had read in this thread that others paid 179 as well so that sounded more accurate.  Comes to app. $35 pp/day....so much for 20 bucks a day but guess this went up like everything else these days.  I was just glad to get the passes.  BTW, you have the choice to prepay when ordering or reserve and add charge to your account to pay later.  Be aware that if you wait to pay you risk losing the pass by getting bumped for someone who wants to reserve and prepay (so I was told).  Only cruised NCL once so the Vibe will be new for us.  Hope its worth it?

Wow!  Could you imagine thinking you were good for Vibe purchase and then getting bumped if you didn’t prepay????  Holy smokes.  I prepaid, simply because that’s what the lady from NCL instructed me to do.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I've seen (and done) practically all of those things before in my mission to score a Vibe pass... I was the guy standing right there by the rope instead of sitting in the general waiting area. The security people would tell me to go sit down, and I would just ignore them. 

I remember another time, I was in the waiting area talking to another passenger about my strategy. We both got up at the same time to be closer to the boarding rope, when at least fifty more people got up directly afterwards. I knew at that point that it was on... When I got up to the point where they scan your card, there was a lady there fumbling through her purse looking for her card. I reached over her shoulder and scanned my own card and proceeded past the pack. A few minutes later, the same lady arrived at Headliners to get in line for passes, and she was giving me dirty looks. Seems to me, that if she was experienced enough to know about Vibe, then she should have known that she needed to scan her card to get on the ship...

Some guy on Escape a few years ago yelled at my wife in guest services line that she was rude and almost knocked him down while running for Vibe.  My wife insisted that she didn’t do anything of the sort but repeatedly apologized, trying to smooth it over with this total stranger.  I finally told him to knock it off, everyone in line was getting a pass, and just chill.  Best part?  We were all in Vibe together all week, and he bitched non stop about what a waste of money it was.  

The next Escape cruise we got stuck behind a group of 25 who fanangled their way to early boarding because ONE of their group was in a wheelchair.  It was a family reunion.   Of the 25, 22 got refunded on day two because they didn’t like that they couldn’t smoke in Vibe.  

it’s the best people watching spot on the ships.  

• Like 1

I just got my Vibe pass for my Prima cruise over Thanksgiving. The first agent told me that I had to wait until after final payment date. The chat agent referred me to reservations. The third agent also tried to say it was too early to book. I said I "know" someone who purchased a pass for a Prima sailing in February. (Thanks @sid_9169) 🙂 He put me on hold again and was able to add it to my booking. It's still so new that they are referring to emails. As an FYI, it's listed in their system under entertainment and not amenities if the agent can't find it. I also got a separate entertainment receipt in addition to the updated booking invoice. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reeinaz said:

I just got my Vibe pass for my Prima cruise over Thanksgiving. The first agent told me that I had to wait until after final payment date. The chat agent referred me to reservations. The third agent also tried to say it was too early to book. I said I "know" someone who purchased a pass for a Prima sailing in February. (Thanks @sid_9169) 🙂 He put me on hold again and was able to add it to my booking. It's still so new that they are referring to emails. As an FYI, it's listed in their system under entertainment and not amenities if the agent can't find it. I also got a separate entertainment receipt in addition to the updated booking invoice. 

Thank you.

Right now, you are the longest out that Ive read to get a pass. 

I dont cruise until next July but I did call yesterday and tried and got an agent who first told me I have to wait to book it online but I could tell she really disnt know what I was talkkng about. Then I asked her how far in advance can I book and she told me I can book my restaurants six months on advance (is this true, I havent been on the boards since 2019). 

I said Vibe isnt a restaurant and then she told me since I booked with a TA I should book through them. Finally, I asked, if I was just calling you today to ask how far in advance I can book Vibe from a reservation date, how long would thst be. She had to put me on hold for about 8 minutes and came back and said 90 days. I said thanks and hung up. 

2 hours ago, js said:

Thank you.

I dont cruise until next July but I did call yesterday and tried and got an agent who first told me I have to wait to book it online but I could tell she really disnt know what I was talkkng about. Then I asked her how far in advance can I book and she told me I can book my restaurants six months on advance (is this true, I havent been on the boards since 2019). 

I said Vibe isnt a restaurant and then she told me since I booked with a TA I should book through them. Finally, I asked, if I was just calling you today to ask how far in advance I can book Vibe from a reservation date, how long would thst be. She had to put me on hold for about 8 minutes and came back and said 90 days. I said thanks and hung up. 

It's definitely bookable more than 90 days out, as I'm 211 days from sailing, and bboked it a couple of days ago...

3 hours ago, js said:

Thank you.

We’re at 231 days out (sailing Feb 25/23) on the Bliss, and I was able to call last Wednesday and pre-purchase two Vibe passes. I’d call back - hopefully you’ll get a different agent. 

3 hours ago, js said:

Thank you.

I booked and paid for a cabana for my 3/26 Encore cruise earlier this week. However, that being said, I have to think it’s a temporary thing with being able to book this far in advance. At first, the agent told me it was too far in advance to book. I told her that people were reporting being able to book 200+ days in advance. She said she would see if the computer showed it as an available purchase. After holding for about 5 minutes, she came back and said it was available and proceeded with the booking. Everything else I checked on while on the phone (spa, dining, etc) was too far in advance to book. Personally, I think everyone that got to book so far in advance (myself included) lucked out in the transition from the ship to online booking process. At some point, they will put It into a 90-120 day window like everything else. Get it while you can.

• Like 1