Parking Brisbane Cruise Terminal

Normally we would use Uber but after a bad experience with 7 drivers cancelling a trip from the airport I suspect the situation from the cruise terminal won't be any better.  The Wilson car park seems expensive.  Are there cheaper alternatives that have a shuttle nearby?

1 minute ago, Tikibird said:

Normally we would use Uber but after a bad experience with 7 drivers cancelling a trip from the airport I suspect the situation from the cruise terminal won't be any better.  The Wilson car park seems expensive.  Are there cheaper alternatives that have a shuttle nearby?

We just got off and decided to book princess transfer which is $40 each so I heard that’d be double what taxi might cost. However it took 45 mins from when they called us from lounge to disembark, pick up our bags and go through immigration (cos we’d sailed to Willis island.) it all kept moving too and staff were doing a great job. But I’m not sure how you’d go booking a taxi as it would be hard to estimate a time, cos they could keep Meter running from time you nominate, which is fair enough.

so we were happy to do transfers without any hassles of timing.

• Like 1

The Wilsons carpark is the cheapest option. We parked at Portside which actually slightly dearer than Wilsons as the shuttle ride from their facility takes about 20-25 minutes. However they were very efficient and the covered parking is inside a building, not just shaded like the Wilsons carpark. 

We live in Brisbane northern suburbs area so I don't think Princess transfers pick up at out house.
I did a taxi estimate and it was $50 each way.  Not sure how the lines are for taxis on disembarkation day.  We could probably get an Uber there because we would have time to wait for it.  Estimate Uber X to Pinkenba is $35 from home. 

Doesn't seem to be public transport near the terminal.

Wilson's is $245 11 days.

Edited by Tikibird

1 minute ago, Tikibird said:

We live in Brisbane northern suburbs area so I don't think Princess transfers pick up at out house.
I did a taxi estimate and it was $50 each way.  Not sure how the lines are for taxis on disembarkation day.  We could probably get an Uber there because we would have time to wait for it.  Estimate Uber X to Pinkenba is $35 from home. 

No that would have been too smart in the design process!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Tikibird said:

It might be worth phoning Con-X-Ion shuttles.  I have used them many times and never had a problem.   You will need to call 1300 920914  to ascertain whether they have commenced a service from/to the new Cruising terminal.

29 minutes ago, Tikibird said:

Wilson's is $245 11 days.

I'm booked at Wilson's & the pricing is nowhere near the $245 you have found. Wilson were  cheaper then Portside, which we do like.

11nights

P1 $166.60

P2$107.44

We returned today form a seven day cruise. We parked in carpark 1 (under shade covers) at the terminal - the cost was $128. This area is very close to the entry to the terminal. The cost at Portside parking was around $152 (I can't remember exactly), but the parking is inside a building. Open air parking at the terminal is cheaper than the undercover.

When we arrived at the terminal around 10.20am last Sunday there appeared to be a line of taxis waiting for passengers from the ship. Last week and again today, we passed a stream of taxis either heading to the terminal or away from it. If you plan to get a taxi after disembarking, I believe you would have a shorter wait if you left the ship at the latest time possible (9am). We disembarked at that time today and I saw some people in the taxi queue, but the cabs were arriving with new passengers so the wait wouldn't be as long as  it would be for people who disembarked early when there wouldn't be many taxis arriving.

Edited by Aus Traveller

On 7/3/2022 at 12:57 PM, MMDown Under said:

No that would have been too smart in the design process!

To be fair, it would be public transport with no one on it for most of the week.

24 minutes ago, newbris said:

To be fair, it would be public transport with no one on it for most of the week.

The City Council could not economically run public transport to the cruise terminal when there would be passengers only on cruise ship days. For the CityCat to operate, the Council would have to build a new jetty/embarkation point. This would be paid for by the Brisbane ratepayers. I cannot see it happening, particularly when they have to pay for the extensive damage to infrastructure in the floods earlier this year.

Even if the Council had a suburban bus running to the terminal, with its stops along the way, I don't think many people would choose that way to get to the terminal. Council buses aren't designed to transport people with large pieces of luggage and the journey would be very slow.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

The City Council could not economically run public transport to the cruise terminal when there would be passengers only on cruise ship days. For the CityCat to operate, the Council would have to build a new jetty/embarkation point. This would be paid for by the Brisbane ratepayers. I cannot see it happening, particularly when they have to pay for the extensive damage to infrastructure in the floods earlier this year.

Even if the Council had a suburban bus running to the terminal, with its stops along the way, I don't think many people would choose that way to get to the terminal. Council buses aren't designed to transport people with large pieces of luggage and the journey would be very slow.

As it is with White Bay in Sydney. Public transport is designed around daily commuting.

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Council buses aren't designed to transport people with large pieces of luggage and the journey would be very slow.

The 303 bus only takes about 20 minutes to go from near the terminal at Myrtletown to Portside. The buses do have room for some luggage, but not much.

The stumbling block is in not being allowed to walk out of the cruise terminal to the bus stop. Also that the 303 bus only operates M-F for a couple of hours in the early morning and late afternoon.

I think a major problem to getting any kind of ferry to the terminal is in building a jetty for it. The only space available next to the terminal is taken up by a petroleum products offloading facility. Until that is dismantled (which I don't see happening) I can't imagine OH&S allowing any vessel near it.