BC Vaccine proof for rcl cruises

latebuyer

I’m wondering if you need your federal vaccine proof for the cruise or you can use the little vaccine card you get? My dads phone doesn’t work and he doesn’t have access to gateway. Is there any other way to access the federal vaccine card if you are from bc? Or could i set it up on my mom’s phone? They are going on a cruise soon and i don’t know if they’ll get a new phone in time. Or maybe if he phoned gateway? I’m not sure how to help.

You could screen shot it on your phone and send it to your mom and then she would have it for the both of them. 

We weren't given vaccine cards and can only access our records through AHS website. I have my entire family on my phone and would show it to the airline when they requested with no issues. We also printed that copy and taped it to a piece of cardboard so we would have physical copies just in case. 

Thanks, i was looking at the rcl vaccine requirements page and it looks to me like the little bc vaccine card you get is acceptable. I would still like to sort out the federal vaccine record for them though.

My recommendation would be to download and print the proof of vaccination for each of them (see post #4) and give that to them. Old fashioned but reliable when there are potential phone issues.

• Like 1

Is there a Federal card  for Ontario?

I never knew there was a Federal card  for Canadians

I sent the Ontario proof QR code to my email then saved it on the phone

16 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Is there a Federal card  for Ontario?

I never knew there was a Federal card  for Canadians

I sent the Ontario proof QR code to my email then saved it on the phone

If you downloaded it fairly recently, the Ontario proof has both the Ontario logo and the Canadian flag logo. (It isn't a card; it is a full page pdf document.) I would consider anything that doesn't have the Canadian flag logo on it to NOT be advisable for travel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

If you downloaded it fairly recently, the Ontario proof has both the Ontario logo and the Canadian flag logo. (It isn't a card; it is a full page pdf document.) I would consider anything that doesn't have the Canadian flag logo on it to NOT be advisable for travel.

Yes that is what I have 

but other posts mention a Federal card   so I was confused 😉

Easily done  LOL

• Like 1

this is what the federal one looks like for BC

image.thumb.png.f7edfff31a692e4c6fca4658624f88cf.png

The one we used in BC when we had the requirement does not meet travel requirements as it does not list the type and date or vaccines.

1 hour ago, Woody14 said:

this is what the federal one looks like for BC

The one we used in BC when we had the requirement does not meet travel requirements as it does not list the type and date or vaccines.

looks the same as the  Ontario one we have  except it has Ontario on it  of course 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’m wondering if you need your federal vaccine proof for the cruise or you can use the little vaccine card you get? My dads phone doesn’t work and he doesn’t have access to gateway. Is there any other way to access the federal vaccine card if you are from bc? Or could i set it up on my mom’s phone? They are going on a cruise soon and i don’t know if they’ll get a new phone in time. Or maybe if he phoned gateway? I’m not sure how to help.

The vaccine certificate for BC should have the Canadian flag on it. You can get the full paper version by applying to the province for the official on line version. You can save that copy to upload to the cruise line’s electronic check in process. That check in is available once the cruise is paid in full. Usually 120 days before. And yes, your mum can set up both in the check in process.  Just a heads up…make a few copies of the print out. There may be services at their local library or a trusted friend to do this. 

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Yes that is what I have 

but other posts mention a Federal card   so I was confused 😉

Easily done  LOL

Sorry about that trophy I added. I meant to add a like. 

On 7/5/2022 at 11:13 AM, Woody14 said:

The BC one we used to use all the time looked like this

image.thumb.png.76e5c068ba3d6216b65492ecbf22bdda.png

But this doesn't work for travel

This will not work to board a ship in Vancouver because it does not have the vaccine details I.e date of each dose, type of vaccine. There is no QR code reader at checkin at the pier in Vancouver.