Shore excursion $50 off per port question

andychris

9 minutes ago, andychris said:

We are in Bermuda for 2 days. If we do an excursion on both days do I get only 1- $50 off? 
thank you!

The "Free at Sea" shorex benefit hasn’t been $50 per port in a long time. It’s (up to) $50 off per excursion, and only for the first person named on the cruise booking. No restriction on the number of excursions per port, or per days for that matter (as long as the excursions don't overlap in time, obviously).

The full Terms & Conditions are here:

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Can you book the excursion in the first person's name (to get the $50), and then the second person goes on the tour?

Are you asking "Can you cheat?"  I imagine some people will tell you that you might be able to get away with it on some excursions, but the T&Cs are clear:

• Other guest in the stateroom are not eligible to receive the promotion or $50 Shore Excursion Credits.

yes, i have booked excursions for my grandson, and my wife if i want to go on a different excursion. the person at the bus just takes the ticket, and doesnt care whose name is on it, only that it's paid for.

my only real beef, is that ncl claims "free shore excurions" $50 off is far from free and if youre booking some of the higher end tours for 2 or more people $50 doesnt save you much.

one  more piece od unsolicited advice. when you book an excursion, also do the math. platinum and above are entitled to 15% off the price. make sure the total you are paying incorporates this as well as the $50 off. just a word to the wise

My TA told me the $50 credit is on the stateroom and that is just a technicality.  Did I entirely believe her?  Not really.  But I thought I'd ask.

I'm Bronze, and I want my perks, man.  I think I get a free brochure.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Are you asking "Can you cheat?"  I imagine some people will tell you that you might be able to get away with it on some excursions, but the T&Cs are clear:

• Other guest in the stateroom are not eligible to receive the promotion or $50 Shore Excursion Credits.

If you want to talk about cheating, how about advertising $50 off as "free"?

it isnt cheating, if you book an excursion for more than one person, all the tickets will have the name of the person booking. the $50 will apply to the eligible one.  you can book the excursion for someone else, and still  get the $50, as again, the ticket will be in the name of the person eligible for the $50.

the person at the bus, taking the ticket, just wants to make sure the count is correct, not who has the $50 off

if you book on line, you will notice that the $50 is automatically deducted from the price of the 1st person.

all that being said ,however, while $50 off is better than a stick in the eye,  when youre booking high end excursions (check the helicopter ride to the glacier, or the river seine and lunch in paris), the $50 off becomes negligible. and to again belabor the issue, none of the excursions offered on any ncl ship, regardless of port, are "FREE" unless you just want to get off at one of their private islands and do nothing but lay in the sun and/or swim

• Like 2

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

all that being said ,however, while $50 off is better than a stick in the eye,  when youre booking high end excursions (check the helicopter ride to the glacier, or the river seine and lunch in paris), the $50 off becomes negligible. and to again belabor the issue, none of the excursions offered on any ncl ship, regardless of port, are "FREE" unless you just want to get off at one of their private islands and do nothing but lay in the sun and/or swim

Hi,

I'm on the Joy in September and am Sapphire.  My excursion in St. John NB on the Trolley  is free since I get $50.00 off plus my 15% as well.  So, there is at least one excursion that really is free.

Take care,

happytotravel

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

Hi,

I'm on the Joy in September and am Sapphire.  My excursion in St. John NB on the Trolley  is free since I get $50.00 off plus my 15% as well.  So, there is at least one excursion that really is free.

Take care,

happytotravel

I am also taking a cruise to St John NB, the Trolley tour is also appearing free for me:

image.png.0eca8b33bcc9f6a962a021be94aff86d.png

Sorry, I started to write but accidentally hit the reply button.  I started to say mine is a 12:30 also but a month earlier!

It was a pleasant surprise to see that this was really a free trip when I booked.

Hope your cruise will be wonderful!

happytotravel