Covid Testing Rome

Bizzie07

We are spending a couple of days in Rome prior to boarding Odyssey.  We need to get Rapid Antigen Tests in Rome and wonder how easy it is to do this and can anyone recommend the best place.  Thank you

I can't answer mechanics, but we were just in Rome for a week.  If you don't want to do an online proctored test, there appeared to be pharmacies all over with Covid testing.  My $.02 (probably what it's worth) would be to find one close to where you're staying and pop in to make an appointment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

We are planning to do the same thing in September. The B&B checked with nearby pharmacy and said they can do the test for us.

Did they happen to say what the cost is for such a test?

I heard from a family member at a picnic yesterday they paid $22.50 to have rapid test done at a pharmacy near their hotel in rome.     The hotel clerk said it was much faster than standing in the long line at the train station or the airport.   They stood there waiting for results and received paper within 20 minutes.

Edited by Sunshine3601

We paid 20 euros per person in May at the pharmacy round the corner from our hotel. No appointment needed and in and out in 20 minutes because there was only one other person ahead of us.

The hotel staff will be able to point you in the right direction.

Our Airbnb hostess found two pharmacies who did instant rapid/antigen Covid testing within walking distance of our apartment. We walked to Farmacia Savignoni (Via dei Sepentini, 125) in the Monti neighborhood of Rome and did our pre-cruise testing a couple of days before sailing. Took about 20 minutes. They have a large tent out front where they do the testing. They gave us a written report with a negative result which we showed to Costa and we were allowed to board our ship. It was very easy. They accepted American Express and I think the cost was around €22 per person. It pisses me off that we had to pay for pre cruise testing at all. When we booked our cruise with Costa the deal was that Costa would test us at the pier at their expense. They changed the terms somewhere along the way. The way I see it Costa owes me €66.